OS Confessions and Discoveries

ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Dear readers, 

Here is my next installment of Arnav & Khushi OS.  Hope you enjoy.  As you might have seen there are hints related to NK that I have left, that you will see picked up when I post NK's story - 'Serendipity'. Also I am posting the OS's in a way that ensures continuity of timelines, between my SS:  A Night to Remember and the other two OSs Color me 'Orange' and Masti in Mumbai

The first one is with Hindi Dialogues; for the English Version please scroll down.  Please keep the love flowing, and leave your comments.  I appreciate it very much and enjoy reading your feedback.

I also want to thank Nidhi for linking my story in her post.  She is writing a wonderful take on our favorite couple.  If you have not already done so, please do check out her story - Finding Love by Nidsubh007 at : https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3428889

And now on to ...

Confessions & Discoveries

It was a pleasant Saturday in January.  The day was nice and bright without being too hot.  Khushi was bustling around Shantivan carrying out her chores.  She was extra busy today traipsing upstairs and downstairs numerous times, for her Arnavji had decided to take the day off and stay at home.  Will wonders never cease?  The fact was that Akash and Arnav had returned home the previous night after a week long grueling tour of the various AR Designs offices and fabric suppliers across Mumbai, Kolkotta, Chennai, Bangalore and Cochin.  The annual AR designs Fashion Show was coming up in June and there were tons of details that needed to be handled, details that Arnav wanted to attend to personally.

After enduring seven days of travel spanning the length and breadth of the country coupled with the agony of missing his Khushi, Arnav declared he needed a break; he called Aman the moment he landed and instructed him to handle everything till Monday and that Akash and he were not to be disturbed.  

The Raizada women were overjoyed.  Payal and Manorama fluttered around Akash constantly enquiring after his needs.  Khushi and Arnav did not make an appearance downstairs that morning until well past ten.  The family sniggered over their absence at the breakfast table.  

Maami quipped tongue-in-cheek, "Laagat hai Arnav Bitwa, pati saadi ko kuch jaada hi missya rahe the, Hello Hai, Bye Bye!" that promptly earned her a stern 

"Manorama" from her gentle hearted Saasuma, Devyani Raizada.

This was the third time within a span of thirty minutes that Arnav had summoned her with a booming "Khushi", that sent her scampering up.  Khushi shook her head as she heard the not so muted snorts from Nanhe ji and giggles from Anjali Di.  Her embarrassment and annoyance at her Arnavji mounted with every step she took.  

"Yeh Laad Governor aaj hame itna tang kar rahe hain, unhe to aaj mein do teen baaten suna kar hi rahoongi.  Arnavji kya baat hai?'."She pushed open the door and entered the room, face flushed, ready to give Arnav a piece of her mind; only to find the room empty.

A moment of panic hit her.  Before she could recover, she was spun around by strong hands and pulled against the bare and spectacularly sculpted chest of Arnav Singh Raizada.  

"Chodiye hame, yeh kya kar rahe hain Arnavji, sab waise bi aaj subah se hamara mazaak uda rahe hain ".  

"I don't care ki kaun kya kehta hai.  I missed my wife and mein apni biwi ko apne bahon mein paana chahta hoon, bas", Arnav responded in his classic ASR avatar.  

Khushi sighed, cupped his face, and her heart melted at the vulnerable love stricken look he wore on his face.  Rising on her tippy toes she kissed his lips gently.  Arnav sighed and hugged her close as if he resented the very air that seemed to pry between their bodies.  "Khushi I missed you so much it hurt'" he breathed out huskily. 
Khushi shivered and melted in his arms like wax against a flame. "Me too Arnavji" she muttered shyly.

A good hour later, Khushi straightened her outfit, checked herself in the mirror and elicited a promise from Arnav that he would be on his best behavior for the rest of the day, before she went downstairs for her Kathak practice with Naaniji.

Arnav strolled down presently and joined his Di and NK on the living room couch, ignoring their raised eyebrows and suppressed knowing smiles.  "Hari Prakash mere liye Black Coffee laavo", he barked and enquired "Akash aur Payal Kahaan hai?" NK and Di's face crumbled into giggles and sniggers, and he exclaimed,"Whaat!" 

"Kuch nahin Chote, woh dono bhi bas aap hi ke jaise'. Tum samaj rahe ho na", drawled Anjali with a meaningful bob shake of her head.  

"Whatever Di", mumbled Arnav regretting his question.  Picking up his coffee he strolled over to lounge on the chair by the poolside to watch his Khushi practice under the guidance of his Naani.  

Khushi and Naani shared a love of dance and Khushi had started formally training with his Naani a month back.  "Kitni sundar hai meri Khushi.  Her delicate hand and slender waist movements are poetry in motion", he mused as he sipped his coffee.

Khushi finished her practice with a bow to Naniji and turned around.  "Arrey Arnavji, aap kab aye" she chirped happily settling on a cushion on the floor next to him.  

"Chotte bas humse kuch minute pahelehi aye, Khushiji" chimed in Anjali who was standing right behind Arnav alongside NK.  

Presently Akash and Payal walked along and had to endure the same teasing glances and snide comments that Khushi and Arnav had to a little while back.  Manorama sashayed over, directing Hari Prakash to set down the tray he carried, laden with tea, fruits and savories.

The family settled in for a lazy afternoon chat sharing bits of news, gossip, everyday matters and playful banter.  Arnav was silent as usual but took in everything.  He surveyed his family,  a sense of peace settling in his chest, when he caught the tail end of a conversation between NK and Khushi that he had apparently missed during his private musings. 

"Truth or Dare?  Yeh kaisi khel hai Nanhe ji.  Batayi yeh na.  Naam to bada hi mazedar lag raha hai". 

"Bahut hi silly game hai Khushi, stay away from it" warned Arnav, but it went unheeded.  

"Nahin Arnavji, chaliye na, hum pehle sun to len.  Aap batayi yeh Nanhe ji".  

Akash and Payal smiled at each other and settled down to go along with the crazy plans these two hatched.  NK proceeded to explain the rules of the game, and soon the game started.  Khushi had managed to get Arnav to play, thanks to the puppy dog look in her almond eyes as she pleaded him. 

NK gave the bottle a spin and it came to a whirling stop pointing to Maamiji.  "Maasi, you are first, Truth or Dare?  Aap ya hamare sawal ka such such jawab dogi, yah phir hamara challenge accept karogi?"

"Hello hai, Bye Bye! Hum such kahen ge, aur such ke seva kucho nahin, ask NK babua" exclaimed Maami.  

"Maasi ji aap ke dil mein koi aisi secret wish hai?  Woh hum se share karna padega". 

"Humri to bas one and only bish hai ki, hamra Druv beta bhi jaldi hi vapas aajave, bas" answered an emotional Manorama, her eyes pooling with tears while Naani gently patted her back.

The bottle was spun around and this time it stopped at Khushi. 

"Kyaaa! aapne zaroor Ramanji ki hogi Nanhe ji.  Hum out kaise ho sakte hain?"  Khushi demanded indignantly.  

"Khushi relax it's just a game" reassured Arnav stroking her hair.  

"Khushi ji Truth or Dare?" asked Anjali Di with a twinkle in her eyes.

"Hum vaise hamesha such hi kahte hain, par is baar to hum challenge accept karte hain.   Dare." declared Khushi all set for battle.  

"Teek hain, to phir aapko abhi, sabke samne, Chotte ko kiss karna padega." Stated Di.  

"KYA? ye hum nahin karsakte!"

"Kyun Khushi bitiya? Akash aur Payal bitiya ke haldi ke din to aap sab ke samne hi kiye rahe.  Bhool gaye ka?"  questioned Devyani with a twinkle in her eyes.  

"N a a n i ji..."  khushi whined.  She looked at Arnav, who was openly enjoying her discomfiture wearing an expression that blatantly awaited her next move; a faint smirk playing on his face.  Khushi realized she was outnumbered, she slowly rose and bending over Arnav kissed his cheek gently, furiously blushing to the tips of her hair.

The bottle was spun a third time, and it picked Payal as its target this time.  "Bahuriya ko to hum questioniayenge.  You Khoon bhari taang, tells me, aise ka hai is waqat tumri mann ma, ki tum tab se mann hi mann muskura rahi ho?" she demanded, smiling slightly to take the bite out of her question.   

Payal blushed and with a shy sideways glance at Akash said, "woh Maaji, hum soch rahete ki jaldi hi, iss ghar me ek nanha sa mehmaan aanewala hai jo aapko daadi bulayega". 

"Hello Hai Bye Bye!" Manorama beamed.  Payal was hugged and kissed and showered with attention, while Akash had his back slapped by his brothers and hugged by the Raizada women.

After a brief hiatus, the ever enthusiastic NK and Khushi reassembled everyone. NK spun the bottle and as luck would have it, it stopped pointing to him.   

Now, Khushi, Payal and Anjali had tried in vain to get Nanhe to reveal where he had been the month of October and part of November, up until a few days before Diwali.  And this was their chance.  "Truth or Dare?" they cried out in unison.

"Dare" chose NK, divining their intent and determined to befuddle them.  

The women were crestfallen, but Di persisted, changing her tactics. "Okay! As you please NK bhai.  You have to reveal something that no one here knows involving Chotte." Declared Anjali Di, sure that NK would back out and choose truth instead. 

NK however surprised them by shrugging and saying, "sure no problem.  Naanav mere bhai all's fair in love and war. Di, Akash, aapko yaad hai?  Jab Akash Eighth standard mein tha aur hum sab summer holidays ke liye mile the.  One afternoon, Akash apne bed se chipak gaya tha.  That was Nannav's doing.  Mhmmm.  Yeah!  Woh kya hai na, Nannav had a bet with Sanju that he would keep Akash at home all day, and you know Nannav.  He hates to lose.  So...'" he finished shrugging.  

Arnav was at a loss for words as he looked into the shocked faces of Akash and the rest of the family.  Contrite, he apologized to Akash for spreading glue on his bed all those years back.  

Akash merely smiled and said evenly, "I guessed as much long ago Bhai.  Par feels good apko accept karte hue sunkar".

"Enough of this madness, let's go inside now", commanded Arnav as he attempted to disband the group yet again.  But everyone was under the spell of this game.   Nanhe hooted with victory as the bottle stopped at Arnav. 

"Naanav mere bhai, you have to confess, koi aisi baat jab tum ne family ke kisi member ka saat diya ho and have hidden it from the rest.  Come on, go on", said NK, sure that his would irk his cousin who loved to help others covertly and hated to admit it. 

Arnav smirked, thinking "payback time pal" and said aloud, "Fine! As you wish, NK.  Aap sab log soch rahethe ki NK Kerala se, south India ke tour pe gaya ta aur isliye humare saat Delhi wapas nahin aya.  Par asli baat to yeh hai, ki meine NK ko help kiya taaki who Kerala mein rahen, to befriend Maya, aur kisi ko yeh baat nahin batayi.  That's until now, jab tak NK khud mujse yeh baat nahin ugalvayi" ended Arnav smoothly with his signature browlift and smirk.  

It was now NK's turn to be teased and questioned by the Raizada women.  Akash and Arnav looked on smiling, secretly hi-fiving, enjoying the hapless situation of their brother.

As the sun set and the stars ascended the skies, Naaniji looked on at her laughing grand children and whispered in Lakshmiji's ear,"Waison Latchmi, humme to yeh khel bahutahi pasand aya.  Kahe ki, ee bahaane, humre pothe nathon ki mann ma ka hai, ee baat ka to pataa to chala!"

Confessions & Discoveries 

(English Version)

It was a pleasant Saturday in January.  The day was nice and bright without being too hot.  Khushi was bustling around Shantivan carrying out her chores.  She was extra busy today traipsing upstairs and downstairs numerous times, for her Arnavji had decided to take the day off and stay at home.  Will wonders never cease?  The fact was that Akash and Arnav had returned home the previous night after a weeklong grueling tour of the various AR Designs offices and fabric suppliers across Mumbai, Kolkotta, Chennai, Bangalore and Cochin.  The annual AR designs Fashion Show was coming up in June and there were tons of details that needed to be handled, details that Arnav wanted to attend to personally.

After enduring seven days of travel spanning the length and breadth of the country coupled with the agony of missing his Khushi, Arnav declared he needed a break; he had called Aman the moment he had landed and had instructed him to handle everything till Monday and that Akash and he were not to be disturbed.  

The Raizada women were overjoyed.  Payal and Manorama fluttered around Akash constantly enquiring after his needs.  Khushi and Arnav did not make an appearance downstairs that morning until well past ten.  The family sniggered over their absence at the breakfast table.  

Maami quipped tongue-in-cheek, "Our Arnav seems to have missed his Khushi quite a bit, Hello Hai, Bye Bye!" that promptly earned her a stern 

"Manorama" from her gentle hearted Saasuma, Devyani Raizada.

This was the third time within a span of thirty minutes that Arnav had summoned her with a booming "Khushi", that sent her scampering up.  Khushi shook her head as she heard the not so muted snorts from Nanhe ji and giggles from Anjali Di.  Her embarrassment and annoyance at her Arnavji mounted with every step she took.  "It's all this Laad Governor's fault.  He has made me a butt of all the jokes from the family today, thanks to his constant summons.  What is it now... ?"She pushed open the door and entered the room, face flushed, ready to give Arnav a piece of her mind; only to see the room empty.

A moment of panic hit her; before she could recover, she was spun around by strong hands and pulled against the bare and spectacularly sculpted chest of Arnav Singh Raizada.  

"Let me go!  I am already at the receiving end of their suggestive jokes and double entendre from the entire family today, thanks to you."  

"I don't care what anyone thinks or says.  I miss my wife and want her where she belongs - in my arms", Arnav responded in his classic ASR avatar.  Khushi sighed, cupped his face, and her heart melted at the vulnerable love stricken look he wore on his face.  Rising on her tippy toes she kissed his lips gently.  Arnav sighed and hugged her close as if he resented the very air that seemed to pry between their bodies.  "Khushi I missed you so much it hurt'" he breathed out huskily.  

Khushi shivered and melted in his arms like wax against a flame. "Me too Arnavji" she muttered shyly.

A good hour later, Khushi straightened her outfit, checked herself in the mirror and elicited a promise from Arnav that he would be on his best behavior for the rest of the day, before she went downstairs for her Kathak practice with Naaniji.

Arnav strolled down presently and joined his Di and NK on the living room couch, ignoring their raised eyebrows and suppressed knowing smiles.  "Hari Prakash get me my black coffee", he barked and enquired "Where are Akash and Payal?" NK and Di's face crumbled into giggles and sniggers, and he exclaimed,"Whaat!"  

"Oh! Nothing, it's just that they are probably busy just as you were... you know what I mean," drawled Anjali with a meaningful bob shake of her head.  

"Whatever Di", mumbled Arnav regretting his question.  

Picking up his coffee he strolled over to lounge on the chair by the poolside to watch his Khushi practice under the guidance of his Naani.  Khushi and Naani shared a love of dance and Khushi had started formally training with his Naani a month back.  "My Khushi is so beautiful.  Her delicate hand and slender waist movements are poetry in motion", he mused as he sipped his coffee.

Khushi finished her practice with a bow to Naniji and turned around.  "Good that you are here too, when did you come?" she chirped happily settling on a cushion on the floor next to him. 

"Just a few minutes prior to us, Khushiji" chimed in Anjali who was standing right behind Arnav alongside NK.  Presently Akash and Payal walked along and had to endure the same teasing glances and snide comments that Khushi and Arnav had to a little while back.  Manorama sashayed over directing Hari Prakash to set down the tray he carried, laden with Tea, fruits and savories.

The family settled in for a lazy afternoon chat sharing bits of news, gossip, everyday matters and playful banter.  Arnav was silent as usual but took in everything.  He surveyed his family with a sense of peace settling in his chest, when he caught the tail end of a conversation between NK and Khushi that he had missed during his private musings.  

"Truth or Dare?  What is that Nanhe ji?  Please do tell me?  The name is certainly interesting.  

"It's a silly childish game Khushi, stay away from it" warned Arnav, but it went unheeded.  

"Come on Arnavji, at least let me listen to what he has to say.  Go on Nanhe ji explain the game".  

Akash and Payal smiled at each other and settled down to go along with the crazy plans these two hatched.  NK proceeded to explain the rules of the game, and soon the game started.  Khushi had managed to get Arnav to play thanks to the puppy dog look in her almond eyes as she pleaded him. 

NK gave the bottle a spin and it came to a whirling stop pointing to Maamiji.  "Maasi, you are first, Truth or Dare?  You either answer our question truthfully or accept our challenge.  What's it gonna be? 

"Hello hai, Bye Bye! Myself, Manorama bill tell the truth and nothing but the truth, ask NK babua" exclaimed Maami.  

"Maasi ji do you have a secret wish?  You have to reveal it to us".  

"The only wish I have now is to see my son Dhruv back home" answered an emotional Manorama, her eyes pooling with tears while Naani gently patted her back.

The bottle was spun around and this time it stopped at Khushi. "I can't believe I am 'it'.  You have cheated for sure?"  Khushi said indignantly.  

"Khushi relax it's just a game" reassured Arnav stroking her hair.  

"Khushi ji Truth or Dare?" asked Anjali Di with a twinkle in her eye. 

"I always speak the truth, but this time I accept the challenge.  Dare." Declared Khushi all set for battle.  

"Alright then,  I dare you to kiss Chotte in our presence right now". Di Stated.  

"No, No, No! I can't do that" 

"Why not Khushi bitiya? During Akash and Payal's haldi ceremony, you had no problem kissing him in front of us" teased Devyaniji.

"N a a n i ji." Khushi whined.  She looked at Arnav, who was openly enjoying her discomfiture wearing an expression that blatantly awaited her next move; a faint smirk playing on his face.  Khushi realized she was outnumbered, she slowly rose and bending over Arnav kissed his cheek gently, furiously blushing to the tips of her hair.

The bottle was spun a third time, and it picked Payal as its target this time.  "I reserve the right to kostin my daughter-in-law.  Tells me, Bhaat are you thinking of right now, that's causing you to secretly smile to yourself?" she demanded, smiling slightly to take the bite out of her question.  

"Payal blushed and with a shy sideway glance at Akash said, I was just thinking that soon we will have a little newcomer in our midst who will address you as Daadi (Grandma)".  

"Hello Hai Bye Bye!" Manorama beamed.  Payal was hugged and kissed and showered with attention, while Akash had his back slapped by his brothers and hugged by the Raizada women.

After a brief hiatus, the ever enthusiastic NK and Khushi reassembled everyone. NK spun the bottle and as luck would have it, it stopped pointing to him.   

Now, Khushi, Payal and Anjali had tried in vain to get Nanhe to reveal where he had been the month of October and part of November, up until a few days before Diwali.  And this was their chance.  "Truth or Dare?" they cried out in unison.

"Dare" chose NK, divining their intent and determined to befuddle them. 

, changing her tactics. "Okay! As you please NK bhai.  You have to reveal something that no one here knows involving Chotte." Declared Anjali Di, sure that NK would back out and choose truth instead. 

NK however surprised them by shrugging and saying, "sure no problem' Naanav my brother, all's fair in love and war. Di, Akash Do you remember the summer holidays that we were all together, Akash was in the Eighth standard and one afternoon, he was found stuck to his bed all day.  That was Nannav's doing.  You see Nannav had a bet with Sanju that he would keep Akash at home all day, and you know Nannav, he hates to lose.  So ... " he finished shrugging.  

Arnav was at a loss for words as he looked at the shocked faces of Akash and the rest of the family.  Contrite, he apologized to Akash for spreading glue on his bed all those years back.  Akash merely smiled and said evenly, "I guessed as much long ago Bhai.  But it does feel good to hear you accept it".

Enough of this madness, let's go in commanded Arnav as he attempted to disband the group yet again.  But everyone was under the spell of this game.  Nanhe hooted with victory as the bottle stopped at Arnav.  

"Naanav my brother, you have to confess, confess to something you have done to help someone and kept it a secret from the rest of the family.  Come on, go on", urged NK.  

Arnav smirked, thinking "payback time pal" and said aloud, "Fine! As you wish, NK.  All of you are under the impression that NK has been touring South India and that's the reason he did not return back with us from Kerala.  The fact is I helped NK stay back so he could get to know Maya well, and kept it a secret from the rest of you.  That's until now, when NK left me no other choice but to spill the beans" ended Arnav smoothly with his signature browlift and smirk.  

It was now NK's turn to be teased and questioned by the Raizada women.  Akash and Arnav looked on smiling, secretly hi-fiving, enjoying the hapless situation of their brother.

As the sun set and the stars ascended the skies, Naaniji looked on at her laughing grand children and whispered in Lakshmiji's ear," Truth be said, I love this game.  At least I got to discover what's on their minds and hidden in their hearts!"

Edited by ForLoveofBarun - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

arshina09 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail

Originally posted by: Swethina09

can you plese write entirely in english i dont know hindi

plz
i wish to read this

I am not sure if you have scrolled down to find the English version.  There is no to negligible Hindi in it.  Please read my note on top.  Hope you enjoy it.
srishti_jain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wonderful update! 😊 This was a very happy OS! I loved those happy and merry moments in the Raizada mansion! And my favourite part was the Arshi part, being a mad fan I always have a soft corner for them and I end up enjoying all the Arshi moments the most! 😊 It was a wonderful read! Great work!👏
vandana1965 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
very nice. loved it. thanks.
Drkk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
dis is beautiful, bt i feel d endng was vry fast.
Nidsubh007 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
That was awesome! I could just picture all of them sitting around playing this game. The cast of IPK had such an a amazing chemistry that a scene like this would've been so fun. 

Thanks for my dedication at the beginning, very sweet of you!!!!

Your stories are awesome & I look forward to the next one. 
chavvi16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
man this was just fun
with the whole family involved and all
could it have been better i think not
and arnie missing his wife like hell awww
Downhill thumbnail
simply fabulous.loved itc
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail

Originally posted by: Drkk

dis is beautiful, bt i feel d endng was vry fast.

Thanks for liking it and adding your comments.  About the ending, this is a one shot.  and if you read the other previous SS and OS in sequnce you''l realize, strung together they make a complete saga.  Hope you read the other ones and comment as well 😊