SS - A Night to Remember(Awarded)

ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Runner Up

by ForLoveofBarun

This is a story of Arnav and Khushi on their honeymoon along with the Raizadas after the Shyam fiasco had ended. Our show didn't give us a honeymoon track - a track that we and our couple deserved. So what the CVs can't give, the authors of the forum do. 

What I loved most about this story was the imagery which was created in my head of the beautiful Kerala. I have never been there, so I got to travel it through this SS. Along with being a good read on ArHi coming closer, this SS was also culturally educative one as I got to learn quite a few things about Keralite culture.

A very short story of only 6 parts but very effectively written making me yearn for more from her.

Thank you :) 

Here is ur Gift:

I dedicate this SS to my dear Jhanu, my best friend,  who has been persuading me to pen down my thoughts for as long as I can remember and Aparna(IF id :Appurs) for previewing part of this story and encouraging me to post it in this forum.  Thank you ladies! 

I wrote this piece solely for my pleasure since the Consummation scene on the bachelors party night did not quite live up to my expectations.  I hope you will enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it out.  Comments and feedback highly appreciated :)

Part 1 and Part 2 on this page

Part 3 page 2

Part 4 page 3

Part 5 page 6

Part 6 page 8

A Night to Remember

Foreword:  This narrative begins right after Shyam has been exposed and expunged from the lives of Anjali and the Raizadas.  In this version, Arnav and Khushi did not consummate on the night of the Bachelor's party

Part1

Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada settled back in the plush seat of the business class flight, fastened her seat belt and dutifully paid her undivided attention to the air hostess as she demonstrated proper safety procedures on an aircraft.  'Chalo, ab yeh kaam be poora hogaya hai, tho ab tho yeh plane udne lagegi!' exclaimed Khushi, clapping her hands in childlike delight, earning an amused chuckle from her husband.  Khushi craned her neck around to make sure the rest of the Raizada brood had settled in.  In the parallel aisle to them were her jiji and jijaji, lost in a subdued conversation, two seats ahead of them were Anjali and NK.  Naani and Manorama were seated ahead of Khushi and Arnav, and Mamaji towards the very beginning, all by himself.  'Chalo iss safar mein tho chein ki neend so sakenge' declared mamaji when he saw the boarding pass, earning a not so gentle nudge in his ribs from his beloved 'Mano'.

Khushi peeped out of the window and spoke non-stop about all the things she saw.  "dhekiya tho Arnavji, saare ghar kitne chote chote lag rahe hein, bilkul cheetiyon ki tarah', squealed Khushi squeezing Arnav's arm.  'Arre hum tho bhool hi gaye, aap tho woh hain na'; 'Mein kya khushi', interrupted Arnav curiously.  'Wohi Arnav ji, frequent flyer' finished Khushi triumphantly fluttering her eyelashes.  Arnav's face creased into one of his rare full blown smiles as he pulled his wife closer to him.  Khushi settled in to enjoy her debut flight and her thoughts drifted to a couple of days back in time and to the series of events that had led to all of them being on that plane, bound south - to Kerala!

It all had started with the first daybreak free of Shyam's shadows''''''''..

Khushi stirred as the first rays of dawn hit the floor filtered through the partings of the window drapes.  She drew in a deep breath, and as the heavy, musky, all-male aroma assaulted her senses, her eyes sprang open.  She found herself nuzzled against Arnav, her face nestled in the crook of his neck just below his chin, her right hand firmly ensconced in his left and his right arm draped over her shoulders holding her protectively.

Gingerly, she tilted her face and degree by degree took in every gorgeous plane of her husband's face.  The determined chin darkened by stubble, the soft well shaped sensuous mouth, the tip of his proud sharp nose and finally twin pools of warm chocolate eyes that were gazing at her with unfathomable love and tenderness.  Khushi jolted at the realization that her Arnavji was awake and had been carefully watching her indulge in what she thought of as a 'private' ogling ritual.  'Hah! Aap jag gaye Arnavji!' she exclaimed, her cheeks turning a warm pink, 'Aur kitne derse aap hame dekh rahe the?'

Arnav's lips curved into a lazy lopsided smile, as he yanked her back to rest against his chest."Kya hua Khushi? Maine tumhe, muje Ghoorthe hue pakadliya.  Iss liye laal ho rahi ho?' he teased."Agar mein tumhe bata detha ki mein kya soch raha tho pir kya hoga?"  Settling back, against his shoulder Khushi quipped,'Kyon Arnavji? Aise kya soch rahe the?"  Arnav shifted slightly and looking into his wife's eyes continued, "Woh mein soch rahatha Khushi, ki asal mein hum who sabhi rasme poore kiye hi nahin, jo ek pati patni ko karna chahiya'.  'Hey Devimayya! Yeh kaisi ulti Ganga behrahi hai' thought Khushi.  Knitting her eyebrows she proceeded to check off on her fingers,"Roka, Kul Devi ki pooja, Haldi, Mehendi, Sangeet, Phere, sabhi tho poore kiye hain na Arnavji'. 'Par Khushi', said Arnav huskily, 'sab se important rasam ' Suhaag Raat to bakhi rah gaya na?  Hume ne tho yeh poori nahin ki' Arnav smirked with a devilish twinkle in his eyes.  'Hah! Chodiye hame', blurted Khushi as she sat bolt upright and gathered her hair to tie in a knot.  "Hame thayyar hona hain, pooja ke liye der hojayagi', she smartly bounded out of the bed and rushed into the bathroom, leaving her husband chuckling in her wake.

In the sanctuary of the bathroom Khushi pressed her palm on her racing heart in a vain attempt to slow it down.  She could not deny the fact that she was looking forward to her suhaag raat as much as Arnavji.  Their preoccupation over the past days with plans to expose Shyam had postponed their intimacy, but now there was no turning back.  Khushi took in a deep breath, and looked at her flushed reflection in the mirror as she whispered shyly 'iss bhar to hum tayyar hain Arnavji, par aap se kaise kahen', biting her lower lip she proceeded to finish her bath.

'Wait till you see what I have in store for you Khushi' muttered Arnav smiling privately to himself, as he rolled off the bed.  "I promise you Khushi, hamari suhaag raat will be something special' he resolved.  As Khushi walked out of the washroom, she heard her husband talking to Aman on his blackberry, 'Yeah Aman.  You heard me' tomorrow! "

Part2

Khushi spent the entire day lost in thoughts.  Memories of last Janmashtami when Arnav had teased her about suhaag raat, and her own vivid imaginations of her beloved Laad Governor holding her and kissing her, flitted through her mind constantly.  The insufferable Laad Governor on the other hand seemed to have forgotten about it entirely.  Life in Shantivan was humming along in its comfortable routine for all except Khushi.   "Yeh Laad Governor bhi naa, kya zaroorat thi inhe, hamaare mann mein yeh khayal dalne ki?"  "Hum kya Karen Devi Mayya is Laad Governor se pyaar bhi acidity deta hai aur nafrat bhi.  Ab aap hi koi upaay kijiye', she muttered while adeptly squeezing out 'golmatol' jalebis that seethed and sizzled in the hot oil, just like the thoughts in her brain. 

"Khushiji ab kya kiya chote neh?" questioned Anjali Di who had caught the tail end of Khushi's soliloquy.  "Yeh poochiye kya nahin kiya Di?  Jab dekho kuch na kuch kahke hamari acidity bada dete hai", "Acidity! oh my God Khushi ji'. Aap ko acidity hogaya?  Kab se?' screeched NK who wandered in as well, with Naani in tow.  "Hello, Hai, bye bye, NK bitwa' 'Ee patisadi tho sab ko acidity devat hai.  Oilwa mein thali hui cheej khila khilaike' stated maami sashaying in, fluttering her hands.   "Chaliye Khushi ji' said Anjali realizing Khushi's discomfiture at all of this attention, and led her out to the sitting area, just as Arnav & Akash walked in.

"Ah, Good sab log yehin par hein to achha hain, mein aur Akash kuch share karna chahaten hain" declared Arnav.  "Ka baat hain chotte? Sab teek hai na?" asked a concerned Naani.  "Haan Naani, nothing to worry, infact good news hain.  AR enterprises ko kuch saalon se mein diversify kar raha tha into real estate.  Aur mein aur Akash aaj ek badi deal close kiye hain.  Hum ne ek resort acquire ki hein kerala mein, aur in this connection, mein aur akash kuch dinon ke liye kerala jaane wale hain".  "Bhaat are you saying Arnav bitwa, in God's own country?" exclaimed maamiji in her characteristic style.

Khushi's expression shrivelled at the thought of separation from her beloved Arnavji, especially since she had been on pins and needles thinking of him all day.  Arnav took in her crestfallen face, but before he could say anything, Anjali interjected, "Yeh kya baat hui chote, Tum kuch bhool nahin rahe ho. iss bhaar bhi sabhi rasme poori nahin hue, aur tum jaane ki baat kar rahe ho" Arnav whipped his head up in surprise,'"what was Di talking about?  Is it possible that Di had guessed? Had Khushi'.?" He locked his eyes with his wife who stood staring at Anjali shell shocked.  "No, Khushi would not have said anything" concluded Arnav.  "Chotte aap shayad bool gaye ho ki pehli bar bhi aur is bhar bhi app ki shaadi tho hui hein per app ne abhi tak Khushi ji ko Honey moon pe nahin leke gaye.  Aur sirf aap hi nahin, Akash ka bhi Honey moon trip nahin hua.  Isliye, iss se accha mauka tho hoga nahin.  Mere Khayal se aap aur Akash Payal aur Khushi bhabi ko apne saat lejayi yeh aur double honeymoon manayi yeh". 

'Haan! Teek kahat hai Anjali bitiya', naani joined forces with Di. Things were moving per plan thought Arnav smiling inwardly raising an eyebrow at Akash who looked on admiringly at his Bhai.  "Di had reacted exactly as Bhai had anticipated, bless her heart", althogh he wondered at the brief surprise on Arnav's face when Di mentioned incomplete rasme  Payal averted her face blushing and missed the conspiratorial glances that her husband exchanged with his Bhai.  'Par hum sab ko chod kar kaise jaa sakte hein', 'Hum sab saat me chalte hein' insisted Khushi pouting her lower lip.  Arnav smiled ever so slightly, he had astutely expected this as well.  What followed was an hour of persuasions, proposals, denials and counter proposals that ended with Arnav curtly calling out" Enough!  We all leave tomorrow; Aman has booked the tickets for the entire family'.  He turned to climb the stairs to his room leaving behind a gaping Khushi & Anjali and a dumbstruck family.

PS:  Many thanks to the readers who have posted their comments and hit like.  Please do send me buddy requests so I can PM you when I post the next update.  As mentioned before I am new to the art of posting short stories and would appreciate any pointers/best practices that have worked for you in terms of keeping the content and updates organized.

Edited by ForLoveofBarun - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nidsubh007 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Great update!!! Can't wait to see there family honeymoon in Kerala!! Loved the flow of the story. The dialogues are good, great discrption and true to character!

Please accept my buddy request for future updates.
--MISHTEE-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Loved d update
pls do pm me wen
u update
RizArshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
A very nice update indeed. Khushi as usual turned their alone time into a family vacation. Looking forward to reading more. I would suggest you to update the SS in one thread only and update the page number of the new chapter in the first post and in the heading of the post. It becomes easier for us readers to locate the updates. Sent u a buddy request. Will be glad if u accept it and pm me further updates. Thanks
maria29 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
nice..
 loved it..
AparnaRenu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Hi again...why did you ever worry about posting? It's flowing along perfectly!

And I second the suggestion that you post the subsequent parts in the same thread itself...it make life easier for the author and the readers...

Loved it, Indu! Your OS is well on its way to becoming a multi-shot saga...😊
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

A Night to Remember

Part3

"Khushi, Utto" whispered Arnav gently "Hum pahunch gaye hai".  Khushi's eyes fluttered open as she felt Arnav's minty breath wash over her cheeks, and she looked sleepily out.  Miles and miles of verdant green landscape, meandering water bodies and tall coconut trees swaying in the wind, welcomed her.  She had no idea when she had dozed off during their car ride from Cochin airport.  Her heart soared with pleasure as she took in the beautiful vistas in front of her.  Payal came running to her as she stepped out of the car, 'Dekho Khushi kitni sundar jagah hai'  Akash ji kehrahe the ki yehi hai who resort jo ab AR group ka hissa bangaya hai'. 'Saveri, Saveri Sundariyan' here I come' said NK.  'Saveri''repeated Khushi and Payal in puzzlement.  "Saawli kahon NK bitwa, Saawli sundariyan' corrected Mamaji chuckling.

Khushi, Anjali and the family drank in the beauty of the land and the magnificent villa that was prepped for their stay.  Anjali's artistic eye appreciated the timeless elegance even as her architectural background kicked in and she recognized the hallmarks of the traditional Kerala house with its carved entry way hung with polished brass lamps ('Padipura'), the beautiful porches with huge wooden pillars; the central open courtyard in the middle of the house ('Nadumittam') surrounding which the main living quarters were separated discretely on the four corners.  She appreciated the clever design that allowed each bedroom a private access to the back waters of the Vembanad Lake.  Naani delighted in finding a traditional pooja room complete with hanging brass peacock lamps.  Khushi of course flitted like a butterfly room by room taking it all in.

NK's sharp intake of breath and stunned expression had five heads swing swiftly in the direction of his gaze.  Arnav's face came alive with a glorious smile at the sight of a lovely slim and petit woman who walked towards him with the grace of a gazelle, her arms outstretched.  "Arnav, Welcome to my home town", she beamed, hugging him.  Arnav quickly introduced her to his dumbstruck family, "Meet Ms. Maya Iyer, the most animated of my friends from Harvard and my best buddy.  She was a junior in college".  He proceeded to introduce the family one by one and explained to them, that though Maya had finished her MBA, her first and lasting love has been architecture and interior design.  There were no two thoughts in his mind when he had closed this deal that Maya would be the General Manager in charge of AR Resorts & Villas at Kerala.

The Raizada men were mixing business with pleasure.  They left shortly after the initial introductions and exchange of pleasantries with Maya to tour their newly acquired property and discuss the changes they planned to make, leaving the women to explore the land.  NK left on a solo exploration, his SLR camera swinging from his neck.  Manorama maami was in 7th heaven as she discovered the Ayurvedic spa and dragged her pati saadi and khoon bhari taang along, insisting they needed to spruce up for the evening festivities. "After all yeh sirf honey moon naahin, balki pfamily moon hai, tho sabhi bahuriaon ko dulhan ki tharah sajne ka padi"!

Naani had settled down in the antique wooden recliner on the 'poomukham'- the front porch, as the rightful family head; surveying with pride and serenity her family, she mused "Kaash, Lakshmi bhi hamre saat ehaan hoti. "  She noted with a quiet satisfaction Anjali's enraptured expression as she touched and assessed the various local handicrafts and hand painted replicas of the famous paintings of Raja Ravi Verma that decorated the tasteful Villa.  Naani had not seen Anjali this happy and openly enjoying herself since the unmasking of Shyam.  "Dare she hope that her sweet child would once again pursue her art? Would she pick up the brush she had put away after the tragic death of her parents?"

Arnav returned a little before dusk and immediately his eyes scanned the house for Khushi.  He had gone for a rather long afternoon jog along the meandering back waters after his tour of the property.  He had purposely kept himself away from Khushi, lunching with Maya and his new management staff.  He wanted her to burn a little longer in anticipation of what he had in store.  The separation had tortured him, but Arnav was a patient man when he pursued his goal.  It was a skill that he had honed to perfection over the years.

After endless pampering sessions of oil massage, body massage and various Ayurvedic beauty therapies at the SPA, Khushi returned to their villa.  While the sandalwood essential oil and other perfumed anointments no doubt were beneficial to her skin, the sensuous aroma, the ambience and the sheer primitive beauty of the land had fanned the flames that Arnav had ignited in her.  Every touch, every smell was pushing her to a fever pitch.  Khushi hastened to their room, hoping to find Arnav reading or at least pacing the floor like a caged lion.  When she saw the empty room, she sat down with a heavy sigh and flicked on the TV.

Arnav crossed the threshold into his room, his gaze resting almost instantaneously on his wife absorbed in watching TV oblivious of her surroundings. His gut tightened and his breath caught in his throat as he took in the sight of her slightly parted mouth, wide eyes overcast with desire as she watched a period Malayalam movie scene in which a handsome man was covertly watching his beloved- a dusky beauty bathing with her maids, her body anointed with traditional preparations of oil and turmeric.  Khushi did not need to know the language to understand the romance unfolding on screen. 

The expression of yearning and longing on his wife's face drew Arnav like a moth to fire; he advanced quietly.  His wife's doe eyes had taken on a dreamy quality as her thoughts wandered to her Arnavji.  Arnav felt his throat constrict with the love that surged through his heart at the sight of his innocent wife, as curiosity, desire and a subtle fear of the unknown warred with each other in a tableau of expressions on her face.

Khushi's heart jumped into her mouth as Arnav gently drew her up and tilting her chin claimed her mouth in a kiss as soft as the touch of a butterfly's wing.  Khushi sighed as she leaned into him.  This was the moment she was waiting for ever since her Laad governor had mentioned suhaag raat.  Her hands took on a life of their own as they entwined around his neck while Arnav deepened the kiss.  Khushi moaned and surrendered to his plundering mouth, her blood pounding through her veins and roaring in her ears shutting out every other sound except that of her racing heart. Just as suddenly Arnav softly withdrew.  It took him all of his self-control to break away as he reminded himself, he needed to slow down and make it perfect for her just as he had planned.  With a soft smile he watched Khushi's eyes flutter open, and then placing a lingering kiss on the tip of her nose, he said, 'Chalo Khushi ab ready ho jao humme aaj sham ki program mein bhi tho shaamil honi hai'.

Edited by ForLoveofBarun - 10 years ago
RizArshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I can't believe u have updated the next part so soon ðŸ˜² Thanku so much for updating early and for the PM. Part 3 was beautiful. I loved the way u have described the surroundings and the way they all got busy with themselves. It made it easier to imagine. I m guessing NK will find his soul mate during this trip and Anjali will also find a new hope. Eagerly waiting for what has to come for our most beloved couple Arnav and Khushi. 
sarunsashasingh thumbnail
AWWW REALLY NICE AND PLEASENT UPDATE!
--MISHTEE-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Loved d update
Pls update soon
pm me we