•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
ok here is q a guy who u hv never seen u nor u hv seen him and his fmly brings proposal for u r meeting the guy 1st time what will u converse with him for the first time...wht type of ques will u ask him...
omg, u mean a typical arrange marriage, well i will ask him about his qualifications, his hobbies, likes etcc

well i'm kind shyyyyy girlllllll.....i dont think i will start the conversation may be he starts then i go with the flow๐Ÿ™‚

Originally posted by Nusheen

well i'm kind shyyyyy girlllllll.....i dont think i will start the conversation may be he starts then i go with the flow๐Ÿ™‚

yeah i m kind of like you i would be uncomfortable to start the topic first i would like him to start.
well yes i guess u can wait for him to start.

but like, don't be afraid to be honest, for fear he wont 'like" you...
a.) what if u end up gettin married...may cause problems then.

and anyways, he should like u for who u r. so be honest with urself.

also...plz dont think that only this meeting will decide if ur going to marry him or not. no no no. that is a big no! talk to him or meet him further, ask ur rentz nicely if they will let u do that, saying that it's a decision that will affect ur life...and that u need more time.

sometimes first meets r deceptive. lol

oh and also, do not follow the Vivaah Amrita Rao type thing. like not asking any questions, keeping ur head bowed and eye down. like ok, so if ur shy go ahead...but otherwise, dont do that! lol ur in a way devaluing urself there!

but i think a thing u need to know is if he matches ur values. like, i dont think i would wanna be with a guy who wasnt into the culture and stuff, basically someone who didnt consider themselves indian. u shud be able to ask him about household chores and what not.
because girl, that is unromantic and u may think it rude...BUT indian men have a habit of not helping out with chores...and wen u have kids and work...it will become annoying.
unless ur gonna be a housewife, then i guess it's ok. but still, hubby should know basic stuff!

but yes....hope im not confusin u. but just yeh, be urself and see if u like the guy and what he talks about and what his thoughts on stuff is. but usually one meeting isnt enough. i mean, the parents could be like, "oh he's got a good job, good family, perfect boy"...i know of a guy like that, and i hope he doesnt do arranged, coz he's got a good job, good family and he's a good talker....but he's the most self-centered and pessimistic person in the world! and i only found that out after knowin him for a long time! LoL so i feel bad for whichever girl goes with him via an arranged

and don't be scared...the guy's probably just as scared.but he will try to act tough. of course. LoL.

hope it works out, but dont change aspects for ur personality so that he may like u. it wont work in the long run. AND remember, only he doesn't have the right to say "no". u do too.

:D:D good luck!
btw, i thought i should mention that i am only 20...so obviously not married :P
I'll probably give him a lecture on lrl's character Major Nair's muchhein๐Ÿ˜†

Seriously...I'm kind of shy...but sometimes I really surprise myself.

I'd ask.....general personal info like hobbies, etc..

Then I'd ask if he'll be ok with a wife who burns half the food she makes n leaves the other half raw๐Ÿ˜†....who loves dogs so much that if you go to visit someone who has a dog she'll be conversing with the dog instead of the host...someone whose 2 closest friends are guys...someone whose career is very important to her n who would spend half the night sitting on the computer to finish her work...someone who's more interested in discussing the latest political developments rather than the usual things people discuss(lord knows what they discuss...journalists ke ghar mein only political discussions take place)...

itne mein nai bhaaga to I'll sing a little..then to he'll definitely run away๐Ÿ˜†

Ask him what his hobbies are , and I would try to have fun if I was meeting someone like this for the first time.. I guess "brake the ice", you know, feel comfortable...

Usually you can read someones body language or face to see how they feel etc..
OMGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!.........๐Ÿ˜†

CAnnot even imagine.......๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†