Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

DOTW: I have more than one best frens..

shizajaved thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Is it wrong to have more than one best friends? Why is it that when we ask people about their best friends... They take only one name? And why is that a few people have more than one best friends? Are they confused between their friends..?? Am I making any sense?? LOL, Its rhyminggg! πŸ₯°πŸ˜†

And why do people usually ask, "Who is ur best friend?" and why not "Who are your best friends?" ??

I know the answers of my questions myself too.. :p but the purpose of this topic is to have a nice discussion on it and to let people know that it is not written anywhere that you can't keep more than one best friends.

-L&F Dev. Team.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-dramaholic- thumbnail
Yes, I've thought about this alot of times Shiza..
I don't beleive in the term "Best Freinds" For me all my freinds are the same. When somebody asks me that question i just say "Lots" lol!!=)

I think why people ask you as if its one person is because normally there is always that one person who you can trust with matters, and their your best freind.. But i don't beleive in all that.=)

Nice Discusuion:P
~Anji~ thumbnail
thats such a good question...and its so weid how i have never thought about that...i guess its just that its harder for us to have many best friends...we do have alot of friends but only one friend coz that person is really special..and u and they think alike...and its really hard for us to find someone like that..and when we do them and u become really close...
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
No, I don't think that there has to be only one best friend.  You can have many many friends but best friends are those that you never think twice before sharing something with them.   And I do have more than one best friend.  So I guess it's one of those misconceptions that people usually hold true.
amail1601 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Even I have more than one best friends...actually they are all close to me in different ways, so I can't decide who's the better friend...n I don't have too many close friends. So I consider them all as my best friendsπŸ™‚

Like there's one whom I've known since kindergarten...he knows all my secrets, n we have a very comfortable relationship...always teasing n fighting..
Another is a girl I met 3 years ago...we talk more about the present and the future, n all the latest gossip n stuff..
Then there's my ex-classmate...she keeps scolding me, n we are totally different in almost every way, but there's an indescribable bond between us.
The closest of them all is a guy I met one n a half years ago...we share a comfort level that I don't have with anyone else. We scold each other, advise each other, comfort, support, tease each other. He's the only person in this world whom I trust...

Even though he is the closest to me, I still call the others my best friends too...coz if any of them left me, I would feel that something's missing. I've met so many people, and have left them behind as I moved on in life...but I know that I can never leave these people behind.

As for it being right or wrong, friendship is something you can't limit. Friendship can never be wrong. N no matter how we term our friends, the truth is that they are our friends, so we can call them anything we want to, without fearing that it might be wrong.

Edited by amail1601 - 15 years ago
Hey,

Great Question,

I think we do not like to hurt others also, saying my friend is x but your not my best frend.

I have a few best friends, as each friend is close to me, but i would turn to them for different advice and could not sperate anyone of them.

They all matter to me as equally, so i would never say i have one Best friend, because all are important to me.

Yes i would distuinguish others as just friends, because we are extremely friendly but i could not say i share everything with them as i do with my best buddies.

Certain people feel you should have one ultimate best frend, but no i dont, all matter to me equally. Id say the best frends ihave, id tell tem everything...as i love them so much and have a great comfort level with them, knowing they would keep my secret.

Others only find 1 person they can confide in, whereassome find 2-3 people who they can tell everything and be there for one another.

-Saira

musicaddict1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i am friends with everyone... but i have 5 best friends and we're really close to each other...
ashson thumbnail
awesome topic! actually i know exactly what you are talking about. i have 3 best friends....they r kinda like the sisters i neva had
life wud be so boring without dem
i love em so much<3
Mrs.Brett Lee thumbnail
Nice topic..Shizu..!!!Frm whr do u cum up wid..such nice topics yaar..??
Ok..I hv more dan 1 best friendz..!!!bt..thr r sum ppl..hu r very reserved..!!n dey lyk to share deir secrets wid onli..1 person....so dey consider dem deir..bst friend..

I being..a very open minded..person..tell my secrets..2 my close..friendz*the term used is close friendz..n nt best friend as I really dont believe much in d concept of best friend*..n i actually do share..sum of my secrets..wid my gud friendz..
I suppose..the ppl..who hv 1 best friend..r shy n jst wnna confide in deir secret..wid onli 1 person..
It is nt wrong..in having 1 best friend..
It depeneds on d person..!!if dey..r comfortable..in telling seir secrets 2 one..person..or many person..it's deir mentality..!!
For me..I hv loads of close friendz..!!of myn..n i share..almost all my secrets wid dem..I am not the one..hu believes in having onli best friendz..I believe in d concept..of making true friendz..n remain friendz..4 ever
xsweetbabygyalx thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: shizajaved

Is it wrong to have more than one best friends? Why is it that when we ask people about their best friends... They take only one name? And why is that a few people have more than one best friends? Are they confused between their friends..?? Am I making any sense?? LOL, Its rhyminggg! πŸ₯°πŸ˜†

And why do people usually ask, "Who is ur best friend?" and why not "Who are your best friends?" ??

(1) there's nothing wrong in having more than 1 best friend.
(2) they take probably one name because they trust only one specific person, I think πŸ˜•
(3) people have more than 1 best friend because they can trust more than one friend.
(4) those who take more than one name I wouldn't say are confused between friends, they probably enjoy having more than 1 best friend or they trust more than 1 person.
(5) people usually ask who's your best friend because they are expecting to hear only one name, I think πŸ˜•

I have a few best friends (mostly girls) but I actually consider my boyfriend as one of my very closest best friend because he listens to what I have to say and keeps whatever I tell him a secret whereas some of my best friends (mostly girls) don't. They always come upto me for an advice when they are stuck in a problem but when I'm stuck at a problem, they hardly give me an advice and completely ignore me  when I tell them something hoping it would be kept as a secret, they just have to tell their parents in other words they open up my secrets. I also have 2 other friends who are guys who I sometimes go upto for an advice when I'm really in a need of an advice and share my problems and they always keep whatever I tell them a secret but tell me mature, sensible and helping advices including my boyfriend. I think guys are better in keeping secrets than girls and understanding the problem but I think it really depends on the guy though. Guys are the right side of the brain which makes them analytical and more of the logic reasoning type.
Edited by xsweetbabygyalx - 15 years ago