Pratiek overwhelmed by Big B's accolades

surkikhani thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Prateik Babbar, who played Genelia D' Souza's brother in Jaane Tu..., has been receiving rave reviews for his short role.
And one of them has come from none other than Amitabh Bachchan.

The son of the late legend Smita Patil and Raj Babbar reacts saying, "It feels great to be appreciated by senior actors and especially Mr.Bachchan. I got very emotional when he compared me to my mother. After the movie he told me - when I saw your acting I was thinking of your mother Smita. This really made me cry."

Bachchan also got nostalgic reveals Prateik. "He remembered the days when he worked with my mother in Shakti and Namak Halal. He also told me that he is proud I carried my mother's legacy forward."

Not only Big B even producer Aamir Khan complimented the talented actor. "Aamir said he would love to work with me again. Though my role was quite small I have been showered with compliments from everywhere. Even dad told me to keep up the good work," he adds.

Meanwhile, Prateik's dad Raj is currently working on a script as he wants to launch his son on a huge canvas. But all Prateik says about it is, "Don't ask me the details. Even I don't know so you'll have to wait for a while."

On the kind of films he would like to do, Prateik says, "I would love to do all kinds of films – commercial and non-commercial, action, romantic and comedies. Basically everything."

Prateik has completed his acting course from Subhash Ghai's Whistling Woods and considers Kishore Namit Kapoor be his motivation apart from his mom of course.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I think AB has an ability to make anyone overwhelmed by praise. But I agree with him that Prateik has done an excellent job in the film.
Showbizz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
oh so he is rajbabbars son , he did an excellent job there . Played his role perfectly , dint for once show any staryness   😳
susmithamanav thumbnail
Nice of AB to encourage this new comer. Esp I feel it may have been heartfelt, for Smita was one of the best actresses and AB delivered some great movies with her.
amz1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wow i never realised he is raj babbars son, he was excellent in the movie i agree it was a small role but very important one at the same time 😳