Users

Frequent Posters

heart*beat thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Article about KA replies KBC 2 on Fridays

Jodi kamaal ki replaces KBC

Show will feature celeb couples and will be hosted by Rakshanda Khan

Subhash K Jha

There has been a national flurry caused by Amitabh Bachchan's inability to shoot further episodes of Star's star show, Kaun Banega Crorepati.

On Wednesday, Star officials held flash meetings to devise an emergency plan of action to counter the KBC crisis. "We've come up with a feasible plan of action," says Deepak Segal, executive vice-president  of content, Star. "Our immediate plan is it to air a new game show called Jodi Kamaal Ki. It will be hosted by Rakshanda Khan. It's a game show featuring celebrity couples – husband-wife, siblings, etc. The idea is to get them to reveal how much they know of each other."

Jodi Kamaal Ki, produced by Creative Eye, will  be telecast every Saturday and Sunday.

"On Fridays, in place of KBC, we're planning to air our dailies, Miillee and Kkavyanjali," reveals  Segal. "Thus these dailies will be aired five days a week, instead of four. These dailies will see us through, until  our two new big  weekend soaps, the Sagars' Prithiviraj Chauhan and Tigmanshu Dhulia's  working-class satire (yet untitled, but modelled on Saeed Miza-Kundan Shah's Nukkad) are ready. These two serials were supposed to replace KBC anyway, after this season."

Meanwhile, audiences may be somewhat relieved to know that the channel's plans for KBC's next season remain unchanged.

"KBC is one of our USPs and we have no intention of  doing away with it," says Segal. "As soon as Mr Bachchan is back to work , we'll start planning the next season's shoot."

heart*beat thumbnail
Midday article

Eijaz and Hiten vie for Nimmo

Eijaz Khan
Hiten Tejwani
Recent developments on Balaji's Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka indicate that Eijaz Khan will most likely replace Hiten Tejwani in the role of Kunal Sehgal (previously offered to Cezzane Khan).

However, the twist in the tale is that there is no official confirmation about Eijaz stepping into Hiten's shoes yet.

The contenders

Earlier it was reported that after Cezanne backed out of the show over money matters, Hiten was roped in to play the part.

A source working on Nimmo said, "Yes, we have spoken to Eijaz about it. But you know how things work here; anything can change at the last moment. I think in most probability Eijaz will do the role."

When contacted to get his version on the development Khan said, "I don't want to comment, it's too early to say anything."

Hiten however confirmed that he did hear about Eijaz being approached for the role. "There is some confusion at this stage as to who is doing the role. Initially I was told that I am doing it, but I have recently also heard Eijaz's name. I am already doing two shows (Kavyanjali and Kyunki) at the moment, and have no issues with him playing my role."

Nimmo ka hero

The role in question is that of a guy who is extremely rich and will play the love interest of Nimmo on the show. It will be interesting to see who ends up playing the role although the chances of Eijaz doing are the most.

"Eijaz has already been briefed about Nimmo, and has greater chances of taking on the role. But like every script, you never know what turn this one might take in the end."

Creative head for the show Nivedita Basu too confirmed the fact that both Eijaz and Hiten are waiting in line for the same role.

"Hiten was our first choice for Kunal Sehgal, but now Eijaz might be also doing the same.

The irony of the situation is that Eijaz and Hiten have been together, replaced each other or worked opposite each other. After Kesar and Kavyanjali this is the third show where it has happened. Only time will tell who will play the role of Kunal."

[email protected]

hopefully Eijoo does it,then we can see more of him😳

heart*beat thumbnail
Mumbai mirror article

Anita Hassnandani

Ekta, Anita together again
Sunday, January 29, 2006 | Television

For Balaji's costliest ever show

Reena Thapar Kapoor

Ekta Kapoor has transformed many a careers on TV with her midas touch. Her protg Anita Hassnandani will definitely vouch for it. Anita not only made her debut in Kapoor's Kabhie Souten Kabhie Saheli but also went on to do a couple of films with her.

After the success of their latest joint venture Kavyanjali, now it's time to take their hit jodi a step ahead. Apparently, Kapoor has readied a show for Anita which will take off around the end of the year. Kapoor, not willing to reveal much about the show says, "This isn't the right time to talk about it. All I can say is that it will not be a typical soap."

As for the lead character in the show, she says, "Tashu (Anita) is doing it and beyond that I'm not going to reveal anything."

Anita, at her diplomatic best says, "I've no clue about the show at all. Ekta hasn't spoken to me about it yet. But knowing Balaji and Ekta's drive to do something different, this one will surely rock!"

According to sources, the show will be one of Balaji's costliest ever and will be aired on prime time.

Ekta Kapoor

qazplm thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Cortesy sana_doll

On April 7 the Virani family will age by 20 years, Amit Tandon will join the clan

Reena Thapar Kapoor

If saas-bahu serials live charmed lives today, it's mainly because of their most pungent ingredient, the 20-year-leap. On April 7, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi will take yet another leap, to give the story of the Virani family yet another boost on the TRP charts.

The date, needless to add, is not just another date. Exactly two years ago, on April 7, 2004, the serial had taken a leap too. The reason behind this charmed hour is that it coincides with Jeetendra's birthday, a day obviously considered auspicious by the Balaji Telefilms family. "I want to take the show forward on my dad's birthday," says Ekta Kapoor, head, Balaji Telefilms.

"The leap has been finalised and some of us actors have also been briefed about our changed roles in the new track," says an actor from the show. Crew members say that Amit Tandon, Akashdeep Sehgal, Eijaz Khan and Iqbal Khan have already been confirmed to play a part in Kyunki...

When contacted, Nivedita Basu, deputy creative head, Balaji Telefilms, said, "I can't reveal too much at this point. But yes, Amit, Iqbal and Akashdeep might be doing Kyunki... after the leap."

The buzz is that Akashdeep will play the character of Eklavya Virani. "We're still in the process of finalising the details of Kyunki... But, yes, Amit will certainly be part of the show, along with a whole lot of actors whom we have to yet finalise," adds Ekta. "The leap is a huge step for us and my team is working round the clock to make it live up to audience expectations."
qazplm thumbnail
Courtesy sana_doll

Eijaz Khan speaks about his alleged tussle with his Kkavyanjali co-star

Reena Thapar Kapoor

The animosity between the Kkavyanjali duo Eijaz Khan and Nandini Singh has heated up yet again. The actor, who has so far been tight-lipped about the problem, feels that the issue is being blown out of proportion by a certain section of media. "I'd prefer if people talk about my work and not my personal squabbles," he says.

The actor confesses that he was unhappy when he read reports of his alleged showdown with Nandini in a newspaper. "Look, everyone knows that Nandini and I don't get along. But I've never spoken against her. I do not wish to read malicious stories about myself or my colleagues ." When asked specifically about the alleged fight Khan insists, "It was just another argument that was blown way out of proportion."

He goes ahead to suggest that he finds it unethical when the media makes a mountain out of a mole hill. "Even when I was asked about this fight, I did not comment. I hardly interact with Nandini. The director and the assistant directors explain the scene to her, and that is how it works."

Khan who has worked with Singh earlier in Kesar has admitted more than once in the past that their personalities clash. "The only reason I'm talking about this now is because I want to make it very clear that I'm fine with someone not liking me. But, I'll never use it to my advantage or say derogatory things about her. In the past too, words have been put in my mouth to sensationalise copies. My silence should not be taken as my weakness," he concludes.

qazplm thumbnail
Courtesy of tv-fan

Big fight: Kavya, Pammi in set row
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   February 8, 2006
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Eijaz Khan and Nandini Singh
Eijaz Khan (Kavya) and Nandini Singh (Pammi) got in to a big fight on the Kavyanjali set at Aakraman Studios on Sunday evening. The duo hurled expletives at each other and the shoot got delayed.

The scene, shot against a hospital backdrop, required Nandini to give cues to Eijaz for his dialogues. "But she kept making faces at him, and he was unable to concentrate and deliver his lines.

She behaved rather unprofessionally. Left with no option, he told the director, Jassi, to intervene, Thereafter, both of them started doing a lot of tu-tu-main-main, via the director."

Things did not stop at that. "Soon, tempers soared. Eijaz and Nandini told each other to 'get lost and f*** off'. It's quite a common for some unpleasant incident to occur when Nandini is on the sets. She does not even say greet her co-actors in Kkavyanjali."

Lambi dushmani

The Eijaz-Nandini dushmani is old hat. Eijaz has even gone public about his dislike for his Kesar co-actor (he used to play Abhi in the show, which has Nandini in the title role).

"I can't stand her; I hate her. In fact, I have to look at her forehead when I have to do a scene with her," he said once.

When contacted, Khan sounded upset about Sunday's incident. But he chose not to speak on the issue. "I don't want to comment on Nandini Singh. Nothing at all," was his terse reply.

He is not part of my life: Nandini

Nandini told hitList, "Eijaz and I have never spoken to each other. He speaks about me to the media. I don't know what he told you this time, but later comes and tells me he was misquoted. He is not a part of my life — not a friend, nor an enemy. I don't even look at his face. So how can I make faces at him? I would make faces only at someone who is my friend."

heart*beat thumbnail
VALENTINE'S DAY

EIJAZ KHAN -Indiatimes

You are asking the wrong person (laughs). I don't believe in this as I think that if you love someone then you would make each and every day special. These greeting cards and special days don't really hold any importance for me.

Edited by Supergirl7 - 18 years ago
heart*beat thumbnail

"The day I die, my sister will be very rich!"

Money. That's what drives everyone in the final analysis, whether in the glamour world of acting or the hard grind of scripting and producing. Cashin' In sits down with TV celebs to know well they handle their financial matters, and tracks their spending patterns.

Balaji camp's hottest star, Eijaz Khan who plays Kavya in Kavyanjali seems to be chilled out about money matters. He isn't stingy, neither is he a spend thrift, and he's conscious enough to keep his loved ones financially secure!Riya V Anandwala chats up with Eijaz on his investments.

Do you believe in making investments?
Yes, I do believe in making investments. I have invested in a house and other things like mutual funds, equity shares but not a retirement fund or anything of that sort.

How do you plan your life financially?
I am not at all a money minded person. I don't believe in being a miser. One thing which I give a lot of importance to, is tax!

Are you an impulsive buyer?
Oh well! I am not at all conscious about my dressing and will always be found very casually dressed. Yes, but I am very particular about what I wear on screen. I go for all my work related shopping. My work is my priority, personal life comes next!

What do you mostly buy?
Well, as I said I am a very casual person off screen, I spend on my tracks and T-shirts for my workout sessions. I have a few things which I have kept for my personal use, like my cycle which I love! Other than that it's is my laptop that I treasure and also my Sony Ericsson mobile phone. I always opt for the best electronic gadgets in the market, that's because they last longer.

Have you bought a car?
Yes, I do have a car and it's on loan.

How do you plan your loan?
Well, I will tell you this incident which happened with me. I had taken my car on loan from Global Trust Bank. All my cheques and also the PUC of my car was done from there, and the bank defaulted. So I had issues with the bank and they took two long months to rectify it. So now I have become very careful about loans!

Do you believe in insurance and have you insured yourself.
Yes, I certainly have insured myself, and I belive in it too. All I know is that the day I die, my sister will be very rich! My sister because, my brother is well settled and my dad has made enough, so by default it's my sister!

How much do you end up spending every month?
I have all my three meals outside. So at 2.00.am there are very few places which are open so I end up going to five star hotels and the other places which are open at that hour. So a lot of my hard earned money goes into that. And nowadays I am shopping for jackets for my new look, so all that amounts to a lot.

Are you involved in share business?
No, not at all, I am not those types, I find it akin to gambling.

Are you a self made man or live on your family's money?
Aahhh... Self made man. And no man can deny that, no man!

heart*beat thumbnail
Courtesy ILuvAnita

Download interview here: http://www.savefile.com/files/1277494

On her nomination for best supporting actress for Silsilay and a little about kavyanjali and the popularity of the show.
qazplm thumbnail
Kahani party ki

Sapana Patil

There is no end to the number of award functions these days. As a precursor to the Star Parivaar awards, the channel announced the nominations yesterday at an exclusive party at the sprawling Goregaon Sports Club. Attended by most members of the Star Parivaar, the party seemed more like a 'mela' with guests trying their hand at the games around the stalls and winning themselves goodies.

Rakshanda Khan was assigned the task of conducting a couple of two-minute games to keep the people engaged. In a game where on-screen husbands were made to run a race with their on-screen wives in their arms, couples Sumit and Kumkum (Hussain and Juhi), Kavya and Anjali (Eijaz Khan and Anita) tripped and fell flat on their faces, thus declaring Shanno and Arjun (Divya Dutta and Vikas Bhalla) the winners. For the rest of the evening, the ladies kept nursing their twisted ankles. Wonder where the big-bahus Sakshi Tanwar and Smriti Irani were?

Among the corporate representatives were CEO Peter Mukerjea and COO Sameer Nair.