Always and Forever...updated on pg 6 and pg 7 - Page 3

Posted: 15 years ago

'Ada? Tu?'

'Hey. Finally! Kab se wait kar rahi hoon!'

'Who main paani puri…'

'ZAMIA! 'Tune kaha that tu Zaara ke ghar jaa rahi hai aur paani puri khaane chali gayi? Main tujhe bulaane wahan gayi thi toh pata chala dono baahar gaye ho. Dono baarish mein bheege honge! Ab bhukaar hoga to…'

'Uffo ammi! Aapko bata kar hi gayi thi…Aap bhool gayi hongi….Assalamalaikum uncle, aunty. Umm…main abhi change karke aati hoon'

She changed into some dry clothes and returned to the living room.

'Uncle, maine socha aap log aaj Bangalore jaa rahe ho?'

'Arre tu hi toh kal bol rahi thi, "mat jaao,kuch din rukh jaao" isiliye yahan chale aaye. Nahin aana tha kya?' Hana replied.

'Main toh bas aise hi pooch rahi thi! Chal andar chalte hain'

The two went to her bedroom.

'Wow, nice room…yeh teddy tere paas ab bhi hai?' Ada said picking up a teddy bear from Zamia's collection of soft toys.

'Haan…yaad hai Ayan aur tune saath mein gift kiya tha mere 7th b'day par!'

'Hmmm…' she said unenthusiastically.

She placed the teddy bear back where she had taken it from and continued looking around the room.

'Ada? I had to ask you something…'

Ada sighed. 'Ayan ke baare mein na? I know…tujhe ajeeb lag raha hoga. But believe me it's a good thing we broke up. Aur waise bhi we're still friends. Infact hum kal tak yahin ruk rahe hain so that we can attend Ayan's housewarming party.'

'Oh' Zamia hadn't known that they had already shifted to their new house.

'Chal tell me something about Neil.'

'Neil…well, hum jab Bangalore gaye the, ghar dekhne, tab usse mili thi. He's our neighbor. And we're in the same college too. He's wonderful! He's…'

And she went on and on and on.

'Oooohhh…looks like someone's in looove!'

Ada blushed.

'Alright this is serious. You're actually in love? In love?'

'Nah. Can't be love. He's just sooo cute. And so…'

And she went on and on and on.

7:30 PM The supermarket

Zamia and her father had been waiting at the queue for the last 20 minutes. Zamia's parents had suddenly decided that they should have a family reunion party since everyone was free and they wouldn't get such an opportunity again. So now all of her uncles, aunts, cousins and little nieces and nephews were at her house. The ladies had decided that they would all cook together and though Zamia had wanted to be with her cousins she was now stuck at the supermarket.

Zamia, who had been getting impatient waiting in the queue at the counter, had taken out her iPod from her pocket and switched it on.

Is Pal mein hoon… ya tum bhi ho
Ya dono hoke bhi na hain
Kyun ho kya ho
Ho bhi ki na ho
Ya kehna sunna mana hain

Is Pal mein hoon ya tum bhi ho
Ya dono hoke bhi na hain
Kyun ho kya ho
Ho bhi ki na ho
Ya kehna sunna mana hain

Finally after the money was paid and everything was packed 2 of the assistant's picked up all the plastics and were led by Zamia's father to their car. Zamia noticed that one of the plastic bag containing soft drinks was left behind and picking it up she exited the market.

Tumhein dekhke yaad aai
wohi bishri kahani
Deewane ka kissa
Ya phir ek deewani

Dono sang sang rehte har dum
Esha yeh mene suna hai

She was walking back to the car parked in the basement slowly, lost in the song. Suddenly someone tapped on her shoulder. Zamia was startled and she whirled around.

Am I dreaming?

Perhaps.

Has to be a dream.

Not real for sure

Zamia kept staring at the person standing in front of her. His hazel eyes, his smile…it was enough to convince any girl that this was a beautiful dream.

Is he saying something? Yes he is. But I can't hear a word. I can only hear…music…

OMG! I'M IN LOVE…

Is Pal mein hoon… ya tum bhi ho…
Ya dono hoke bhi na hain
Kyun ho kya ho
Ho bhi ki na ho
Ya kehna sunna mana hain…

Fortunately some part of her brain which was still sane enough reminded her that she could hear only music because she had her iPod on. She removed the headphones immediately.

'I'm extremely sorry. I forgot…ummm…I was just…'

'It's all right. It's just that… you've taken my plastic by mistake.' He was pointing at the plastic bag in her hand.

'Huh? Oh I'm so sorry! I dint realize. Here'

She handed it to him.

He looked at her strangely.

'What?'

'How can you trust someone like that? What if I was lying?'

'Umm…are you?' Zamia asked.

'No' he replied.

'Good'

'Huh?'

'Zamia! Jaldi aaja. Late ho raha hai.'

'Gotta go. Sorry again.' And she hurried off to her father's car.

Yeh mujhe kya ho gaya tha!

She sat down and again placed the headphones in her ears. Another one of her favorite song had started…

Aisi chale jab hawa
Ishq hua hi hua…

Edited by zuman - 15 years ago

thanks so much i feel really special that u r doing this for me thank sooooooo much 😃 Edited by djdoll2004 - 15 years ago

'Zamia darwaza khol!'

'Mera hi naam yaad rehta hai… "Zamia, supermarket jaa" "Zamia darwaza khol" "Zamia yeh, Zamia who…"…' and she opened the door.

'Chachu! Ab aa rahe ho. Hum sab aapka kab se intezaar kar rahe the!' She said to her uncle and aunt. She tried to close the door but someone was trying to come in from the other side.

'Oh I'm so sorry! I dint…YOU?'

'Hey. You've forgotten that your chacha has a son too?'

'Idiot…you just wait…CHACHI!'

She went to the kitchen and Sahil followed her wondering what he had done to make her angry.

'Chachi, yeh Sahil hai na...he blamed my friend of robbing his stuff…she had found his stuff in the canteen and was taking it to the office…..woh bhi isiliye because someone at the canteen asked her to…'

'Oh hello, main wahin canteen ke bahar ma se phone pe baath kar raha tha…aise hi koi kisika saamaan utha ke le jaata hai kya?'

'Sahil chup! Bichaari tumhaari help karne ki koshish kar rahi thi aur tum….first thing tomorrow apologize to her. Understood?'

'…but main…all right.'

He glared at Zamia.

'What? You shouldn't have blamed her.'

'Fine! I'm sorry.'

'Mujhe kyun bol rahe ho? Apologize to her.'

'Woh bhi kar doonga…Adi kahan hai?....'

'Sab room mein hain…chalo….'

Zamia had a great time with her cousins and it was late when she went to bed. But just before she fell asleep she remembered the incident at the supermarket and wondered who he was…

1:07 PM- College

Zaara was sitting outside on a bench and waiting for Zamia who had left her to buy a coke for herself. She was about to take a bite of her sandwich when…

'Hey'

She looked up. It was Sahil.

'Hi' she went back to her lunch.

'Ummm…I…' Zaara dint pay any attention.

'Are you busy?' Sahil asked.

'Yes. I'm very busy with my sandwich right now.'

'What's your problem?' he asked.

'There are many and your one of them. But right now I want to spend some quality time with my sandwich and you aren't allowing me to.'

'Fine.' He turned and was about to leave.

'Hey, you aren't irritated or anything right?'

'Yes I am.' He said wondering why she was asking him.

'Good. Mission accomplished.'

He turned around, frustrated, and was about to leave but Zamia was already back.

'Did you apologize to her?'

'She dint give me a chance to.'

'What do you mean? Don't give me excuses. Apologize NOW!'

'Why the hell should I do what you tell me to.' he snapped.

'Because I'm your sister. I'm elder to you. I'm your senior. I can make your life miserable. And by the way, if you don't remember, your mother asked you to apologize. If I tell her…'

'Fine!' he walked up to Zaara.

'Look Zaara, I know I was rude to you yesterday and I'm sorry. Please please please forgive me or my dearest sister (he glared at Zamia) is going to drive me mad.'

Zaara raised an eyebrow and looked at Zamia then back at Sahil.

'It's ok.'

He was surprised. He dint expect her to forgive him especially since he had said that he was only apologizing because Zamia had made him do so.

'Thanks' and he walked away.

'You forgave him? Just like that?'

'Well, he apologized.'

Zamia shook her head. Zaara was always like this. She could find something good in every person and was always ready to forgive. When she had heard Zaara talking about Sahil she had seen a difference. But Zaara was back to her normal self.

'Zamia, stop dreaming about that guy and have your lunch.'

'What? What guy?'

'The one you met yesterday at the supermarket.' Zamia had told her about the guy.

'I wasn't thinking about him' she replied making a face at her.

'What were you thinking about then?'

'Nothing. Do you think I'll ever meet him again?'

'No idea, maybe you will.'

Only time would tell….

Sucha stupid story. dumb.du,b.dumb.
Lol. kidding!
i mean u get compliments all the time! Lol...
No seriously this story si AWESOME!
i love it...
Update fashttt!!!!!!
Juman.
n listen u mind if i share this link with ym friend?
she doesnt know u....
so u dotn need to feel shy...like u usually do, even fi there is no need to!
N Zamia.....GOD! she is sooo much like you.
the way she thinks n all..
n even tht door scene n th supermarket scene!! LOL.
u r zamia? aint u?
Hahaha..yah Zamia, Zuman.....i get the point!
ANYWAYS contonue sooooon!
luv yaaa!!!  xoxo
love the story and always look forward  to reading it
 thanks for updating it 

7:00 pm-Lexington Manor-The housewarming party

Ada and her parents had just entered the house.

'Ada, please just try and behave normal.'

'What do you mean mum?'

'Please beta! You know…just behave yourself. Hiii Sarah…' and her mother went away to talk to Ayan's mom. They were good friends too.

'Hana. Hi.' It was Ayan. She just smiled back. They weren't sure how to behave around each other now. After everything that had happened…

'So…how are you?' Ayan asked Ada.

'I'm fine, thank you.' She replied.

'Oh…Good.'

She shook her head.

'Ayan, what's wrong with us?  We should stop behaving like this. I mean, we've been friends for too long…we can't ruin that. I know, it's not easy. I mean I'm still mad at you for some stuff. I'm sure you are too, but I think we really need to get over it.'

Ayan looked taken aback. Then he smiled.

'I guess your right. You're always right. So…friends again?' He held out his hand and she shook it, smiling.

'I've missed you. I feel much better now. And I think Zamia's going to be very happy too. She looked sort of depressed when I told her that we…you know…' she trailed off.

'Hmmm…Zamia? Hey, I remember her…that cute little girl…the one who used to keep talking to her dolls?'

Hana laughed. 'Ayan, she's no longer the cute little girl you remember. She's in 11th now. She'll be coming here tonight.'

'Oh, great.'

'So then, how's everything here. You've seen your college?'

'Yeah, had to go there to fill some forms and all that…'

'Made any new friends?'

'Hana, it's only my third day here! '

'So? Three days are enough to make new friends. Now don't lie, you must've met someone'

'Well, I saw this girl yesterday…at the supermarket…'

'Uh-huh….pretty?'

'Yeah, very. But I dint really get a chance to talk to her.'

'Ooooh…..'

'What? I just told because you asked me. I dint mean…..'

'Yea rite, I know I know….'

'Sarah, Ayan and Ada look like they've finally sorted out everything and are back to normal.' Asma- Ada's mother- said looking at the two speaking animatedly and laughing.

'Let's hope they stay that way. Ayan was missing her badly, you know. We've all been missing you people.' Sarah said.

'We've been missing you'll too. It's so weird without you people. And sometimes I feel very angry. I mean we both weren't even asked for our opinions.'

'I know. I still can't understand why Ada wants to study in Bangalore and not here. And even more surprising is her father's decision. Both of his brothers stay here but he wants to stay in Bangalore. He says that once Hana finishes her engineering we will shift to Manipal. I can't wait for that day to come…'

'Asma, see they've come.'

Zamia's parents, her sister, her cousins and her uncles and aunt had all come together. Ayan's family was not only close to Ada's family but also to all of her other relatives. So they were all invited to the housewarming party.

Ada suddenly realized that Zamia hadn't come.

'Mahi didi, where is Zamia?'

'She had classes up to 6 and then she and Zaara decided it would be fun to come home walking. Then they both got tired so they stopped on the way to have ice cream and after having ice cream she realized that we might be worried and so she called to inform us where they were. She had forgotten about the party. Ammi was very angry. Anyways, we decided to come since it was getting late. She'll be here in some time.'

'Oh. I hope she comes soon.' Hana said.

Mahi smiled. 'I don't know Ada. She is one unpredictable girl. You never know what she'll do next.' Then she saw Ayan.

'Ayan! It's been such a long time since I saw you last! Hmm… All the girls in Manipal have to be careful now. Their hearts are about to be stolen.' Mahi said.

'All but the one I really want.' He said.

'Huh?' Mahi looked confused while Ada looked at him with a frown.

'Yours. You're looking gorgeous as ever.' he said grinning.

She laughed. 'Thank you, thank you.'

'But you cheated on me. Remember you used to tell that I'm your boyfriend? I was so heartbroken when you got married!' he said.

She laughed again and they continued talking and then Mahi went away to talk to the others. About half an hour later Ayan's mother asked him to go down and tell the watchman that there was some problem with the water again.

As he waited for the elevator he thought about Ada. He felt happy that finally he and Ada were back on speaking terms. But then she would be leaving the next day. He tried not to think about it. The elevator arrived. He went down and told the watchman about the water problem. The watchman promised him that he would see to it that everything would be all right and Ayan returned to the elevator but he couldn't enter because it was blocked by a girl standing just inside the elevator and staring at the buttons with an annoyed expression. He was surprised to see it was the girl from the supermarket.

She turned suddenly and asked 'Which floor am I supposed to go to?'

'Umm…I'm sorry but I don't know.' He replied.

'Oh I'm sorry. I dint mean to…' she was turning red. 'Err…do you by any chance know Mr. Iqbal Ahmed? They're new here. You must know his son Ayan?' she looked at him with a hopeful expression.

'Sure, I know them. I've known them for the past 18 years.' He replied.

'Huh?'

He smiled. 'I'm Ayan.'

Ayan? No, this can't be happening. Why? Why? WHY? This is so not fair.

He snapped his fingers.

'Are you all right?'

The person who I thought was going to be my knight in shining armor turns out to be my cousin's ex-boyfriend. And he stands there in front of me with that cute smile which is making me feel like I have butterflies…wait not butterflies, elephants in my stomach and asks me if I'm all right. No Mr., I'm not all right!

'Yeah, I'm fine. Err… it's good to see you after such a long time!'

'Huh?'

'Oh wait, you don't recognize me. There's no way you could since we haven't met for a very long time. I'm Zamia.'

'You're Zamia?' he asked looking very surprised.

'Umm…I think so. I mean that's what everyone calls me...I mean yes I am Zamia.'

Why do I get nervous so easily?

He laughed. 'You look so...so different! Well, obviously I haven't seen you for ages, so…but seriously I can't believe this…It's so good to see you.'

'Yeah, I know, it's been a long time.'

'Ahem, sorry for disturbing you but if you could please clear the way I need to get to my house.' A grumpy looking middle aged man holding a battered suitcase stood behind Ayan waiting for him to get in.

'Oh sorry.' Zamia said going red again.

The man got out on the 2nd floor.

'Have you met all of your neighbors yet?' Zamia asked him.

'No' Ayan replied.

'Obviously, you just shifted so you probably dint have time. But I hope all your neighbors are not like him. People here are quiet friendly so I don't think you've to worry about that. He was so fat, he should use the staircase-it'll do him some good. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that because I don't like him or anything. It's just that a bit of exercise would be good for him. Don't you think so?'

Ayan laughed. 'Tumhaari bak-bak ki aadat nahin gayi. Chalo, ghar issi floor par hai.' They got out at the 5th floor.

Bak bak? Fine, I won't speak.

'Ma, see who is here.' Ayan said as he entered the house and spotted his mother still talking to Mahi.

'Zamia! How are you?' she hugged Zamia.

'I'm fine aunty. It's sooo nice to see all of you again. And it's going to be a lot of fun with you'll here. I can't wait for Sana di's wedding. This time we'll all have a lot of fun…'  Then she saw Ayan smiling and suddenly stopped talking.

'Mahi di, where's Adi?' Everyone looked surprised at the sudden change.

'I don't know. I think with Sana.'

'Oh.'

'Ma, I'll just show them around the house.'

No thank you, I'm perfectly capable of doing that myself.

'Zamia, come!' Ada said as she and Ayan walked towards one of the rooms.

Hmm, they aren't mad at each other. That's good. Maybe they made up. Should I go? Main kabab mein haddi nahin banna chahthi.

But then Ada called her again and Zamia followed reluctantly.

'Zamia you're all right?' Ada asked after 15 minutes when Zamia hadn't said anything except 'nice' when she had entered the rooms.

Zamia smiled and nodded.

'You don't like the house?' Ayan asked.

'Nothing like that. It's a lovely house. All the colors are just perfect. Sarah aunty has a good choice…...' She stopped herself then.

They both looked confused.

'Ayan I want to see your bedroom' Ada said.

'Nothing special in my bedroom, let's go and have dinner.'

'No. I want to see your bedroom. Please.'

Zamia kept silent.

'Zamia must be hungry. Let's get some dinner.'

'Ayan, why are you scared of showing us your room?'

'I'm not scared!' he sighed.

'Fine, come.'

They went up to his room. Three walls were painted to a light shade of blue and one to a bluish-green shade. There was a TV and a computer against one wall, the cupboards against another.

'Nice room.'

'Thanks. I don't like it much. This is all Ma's choice. I've to make it look like my room. I'm just waiting for the party to get over.'

Zamia looked around and went to the computer table. On the wall behind there were some photos of him along with his friends and family. One the table there was a photo frame. The photo was of him and Ada-he was dressed in black and she in red. They were looking very cute together.

'Prom or something?' she asked showing Ada the snap.

She looked uncomfortable.

'Yup.'

Zamia suddenly felt uncomfortable and very stupid for asking her that.

They were all silent.

I guess they haven't made up after all. I shouldn't have asked that.

'Could we go down now? I'm hungry.' Zamia said.

Both look relieved and they went down for dinner. Soon Ada and Ayan were back to normal. Zamia though kept quiet which was very unusual.

Zamia had to attend college the next day so she had to leave soon. She wouldn't be able to meet Ada again the next day. She hugged her goodbye and they promised to keep in touch this time.

Zamia went to bed after she had completed a bit of her college work-they had already given them assignments on the 2nd day of college. Zamia remembered suddenly that just the previous night she had been wondering who the guy from the supermarket was. Now she knew but the knowledge did not make her happy. Perhaps it would have been better if she hadn't known who he was. Or maybe if he wasn't actually who he was…

beautiful story
loved reading it
plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss post da next part soon

gud work

Tina
hey,
this time i actually read it.
its really good, it was sooo sweet th whole ayan and zamia meeting at the super market.
i luv the forgiving scene with sahil.
now i want to know why hana and ayan broke up.
though i get very confused who is zaraa and who is zamia but i think now i kinda get it.
i like ur writing style its real cute and sweet.
but becoz im in manipal, n know the place well, i find it difficult to believe families actually living here, becoz i havent come across any. its all students!
oooh rain n pani puri best combination n also with tea.
ill be waiting for more.
Originally posted by tnbedi

beautiful story
loved reading it
plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss post da next part soon

gud work

Tina

😃thnx....sorry for the delay...I had exams😛
Originally posted by kitty468

hey,
this time i actually read it.
its really good, it was sooo sweet th whole ayan and zamia meeting at the super market.
i luv the forgiving scene with sahil.
now i want to know why hana and ayan broke up.
though i get very confused who is zaraa and who is zamia but i think now i kinda get it.
i like ur writing style its real cute and sweet.
but becoz im in manipal, n know the place well, i find it difficult to believe families actually living here, becoz i havent come across any. its all students!
oooh rain n pani puri best combination n also with tea.
ill be waiting for more.

😆thnx for reading...and for replying.....
😛I dont actually know much abt Manipal...
pllz do read and reply again....