hazel94 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago

I am not a recluse: Rani Mukherji

Bollywood star Rani Mukherji, who has not had a good run at the box office since the critically acclaimed 'Black' two years ago, says she is not a recluse.
"I am perceived to be as a recluse which I am not. I am a family oriented person and I like to spent time with my family when I am not working," she told reporters on Friday evening.

"Just because I keep to myself after shooting and not seen at places where the media normally goes, one can't have such preconceived notions. I like playing with my two-year-old neice Myesha when I am free."

Earlier, the actor interacted with children from eight city-based orphanages and shared with them her upcoming film 'Thoda Pyar Thoda Magic'. Rani appeared relaxed and happy as she sang and danced with the children.

She admitted that she has become selective about her roles. "I want to essay characters which I have not done before. My fans have given me so much love and respect that I want to make them happy about my performances."

Rani said recently she had been offered several roles opposite Akshay Kumar, who had four hits to his credit last year, but had to reject them because she did not like them.

"The films, however, went on to become huge hits. I am still waiting for a good offer opposite Akshay."

In 'Thoda Pyar...', Rani said she plays an angel. "It is also perhaps for the first time that I have not used glycerin as I don't have to cry in any frame of the film."

"Similarly, I wear only one outfit throughout the film. Manish Malhotra made 50 costumes to design my look in the film out of which only one was chosen."

Describing the Kunal Kohli-produced film as a fantasy, Rani said her character, sent by God, is instrumental in bringing Saif Ali Khan, who plays a business tycoon, closer to four orphans to share happiness and love.

Responding to questions, Rani said the difficult part of her character was that she had to do a lot of special effects like flying around. "I came close to being like Hrithik in 'Krissh'. It was physically tough. The easiest part was that I was smiling throughout the film."

plz comment

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 15 years ago