mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 15 years ago

Bollywood star Rani Mukherjee , who has not had a good run at the box office since the critically acclaimed Black two years ago, says she is not a recluse.

"I am perceived to be as a recluse which I am not. I am a family oriented person and I like to spent time with my family when I am not working," she told reporters in Mumbai on Friday evening.

"Just because I keep to myself after shooting and not seen at places where the media normally goes, one can't have such preconceived notions. I like playing with my two-year-old niece Myesha when I am free."

Earlier, Rani interacted with children from eight city-based orphanages and shared with them her upcoming film
Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic . Rani appeared relaxed and happy as she sang and danced with the children.

She admitted that she has become selective about her roles. "I want to essay characters which I have not done before. My fans have given me so much love and respect that I want to make them happy about my performances."

Rani said recently she had been offered several roles opposite
Akshay Kumar , who had four hits to his credit last year, but had to reject them because she did not like them.

"The films, however, went on to become huge hits. I am still waiting for a good offer opposite Akshay."

In 'Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic', Rani said she plays an angel. "It is also perhaps for the first time that I have not used glycerine as I don't have to cry in any frame of the film."

"Similarly, I wear only one outfit throughout the film.
Manish Malhotra made 50 costumes to design my look in the film out of which only one was chosen."

Describing the
Kunal Kohli produced film as a fantasy, Rani said her character, sent by God, is instrumental in bringing Saif Ali Khan , who plays a business tycoon, closer to four orphans to share happiness and love.

Responding to questions, Rani said the difficult part of her character was that she had to do a lot of special effects like flying around. "I came close to being like Hrithik in 'Krrish'. It was physically tough. The easiest part was that I was smiling throughout the film."

About her co-star Saif, Rani said initially on the sets of their first film
Hum Tum , they did not get along well. "But through the film, we came close as friends and actors."

"We have grown as actors since 'Hum Tum' and value each other's inputs in our performances."

Asked about director Kunal Kohli, with whom she has done three films so far out of the four he has made, Rani said Kohli had matured over the years as a director. "After the debacle of his first film
Mujhse Dosti Karoge , he had lost the confidence to direct a film again."

Rani said she will soon begin work opposite
Shahid Kapur in the next Yashraj Films banner film directed by Anurag Singh.

To a question about her co-stars, Rani said she had learnt a lot from
Shahrukh Khan because she was paired opposite him in the early stage of her career.

"He is focused and hardworking even after reaching the pinnacle of success. Aamir is my close friend. I have different relationship with all my co-stars."

http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/20080524-1.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gotta love Rani. It will be nice to see her in a role where she is smiling. I know she is a good actress, but I was tired of seeing her in the rona-dhona roles.
I do not think she is a recluse at all like she said as for akshay cannot blame her dont really his films. Reeally nice way she speaks about her costars.
preetysadia thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yeah I am waiting to see her in a diffrent kind of role.......and that too an angle........goona be so good........ 😛
gossipgurls thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
She is a good actoress... i hope her movie does well. And i agree with her abt rejecting akshay movies.. (no offence to akshay's fans.. he is good) but you got nothing to do in movie .. look pretty and to song n dance wat katrina does. its more focused on him.

Newys wishing her good luck 😊 😊
FallenAngelx16 thumbnail
Wow, I wonder how she's gonna look opposite Shahid Kapur.... About the costumes, that sucks! I wish they'd change her clothes throughout the movie, sticking to one costume just sounds weird.