My super six dancing sensations!&yours

surkikhani thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Wildly spirited and creatively unlimited, dancing is a versatile medium of expression. Within its varied techniques and forms, it holds the extraordinary ability to convey extreme contradictions like ecstasy and agony with equal fervour.

And so whether it is throwing one's arms in gay abandon or stomping feet in sync and attitude, a whole world of entertainment is communicated through the brilliant technique of dance.

Over the years, Bollywood's musically-inclined productivity has witnessed an ever-changing range of hip-shakers. From Kishore Kumar's freestyle romp, Jeetendra's Jumping Jack ways and Rishi Kapoor's charming jig to Amitabh Bachchan's stylised mannerisms, Mithun Chakraborty's disco-friendly strut and Anil Kapoor's tapori-flavoured frolic, silver screen has regaled in the masti, moves and magic of them all.

The ever-so-pliable Javed Jafferi and Prabhu Deva deserve more than a honarary mention for incorporating Western style, namely breakdancing, in addition to their own unique element to the choreography.

While the afore-mentioned gentleman enjoys an enviable spot in the hall of famed dancers, here's my pick of the super six dancing sensations who are most likely to follow suit.

Hrithik Roshan

From aping Michael Jackson as a kid to making his mark as one of THE best dancers Bollywood has to offer, Hrithik Roshan has, as the cliche goes, come a long way.

Whether he's tapping in the rain, Gene Kelly-style in Idhar chala (Koi..Mil Gaya) or going into a divine trance during Jodhaa Akbar's Khwaja mere khwaja rendition, Dancing Duggu truly rocks.

So what makes our man every dance floor's delight? Perhaps it is the work of his nimble muscles that can zip and zoom in any angle he directs them to. Or maybe it is his single-minded devotion to flow effortlessly with the song. Or maybe he was just born with dancing feet.

What ever it maybe, the Dhoom-er is a treat to watch in dance tracks like Ek pal ka jeena (Kaho Naa...Pyaar Hai), Bumbro (Mission Kashmir), You are my Soniya (Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham), It's magic (Koi...Mil Gaya), Main aisa kyun hoon (Lakshya), Dil na diya (Krrish), Dhoom again (Dhoom 2) and Break free (Krazzy 4).

Shahid Kapur

A product of the Shiamak Davar School of dance, Shahid Kapur featured as one of the dancers forming the backdrop to Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's lead in Subhash Ghai's musical extravaganza, Taal.

Now, of course, things have dramatically changed for Jab We Met's cute-faced Aditya. Besides a pleasant screen presence and competent acting skills, Shahid is fabulous at boogie-woogie.

Watch him move in perfect tandem with the beats in songs like Nagada, Mauja mauja in JBW, to know what I mean. Elegant and energetic, Shahid is quite the hot stepper

Akshay Kumar

Long before Akshay Kumar discovered his mettle in comedy, he demonstrated his gift for dare-devil stunts and acrobatic dancing skills.

The dashing Khiladi's animated steps in Khud ko kya samajhti (Khiladi), Dekho zara dekho (Yeh Dillagi), Tu cheez badi hai mast (Mohra), Signal (Bhagam Bhag) and Hare Krishna Hare Ram (Bhool Bhulaiyaa), to name a few, impressed one and all.

No wonder then Akki's dynamic vigor and larger-than-life creativity make him fun to watch, both -- live and rehearsed.

Shah Rukh Khan

There is a lot of showmanship and ardour to Shah Rukh Khan's brand of Dard-E-Disco.

Whether he is dancing atop a train to buddy Farah Khan's instructions in Chaiyya Chaiyya in Dil Se..., breaking into an impromptu jig with favourite Kajol in films like Baazigar, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Karan Arjun, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and K3G or making a sensational 'item song' appearance in Krazzy 4, SRK articulates intensity, festivity and glamour with remarkable conviction.

He may not be an outstanding dancer but his buoyant energy levels and I-am-going-to-look-like-I-am-having-a-ball spirit makes King Khan one of the liveliest dancers in the business.

Salman Khan

Not every madness needs to have a method. Salman Khan's dancing style works along these lines.

The naturally groovy star relies heavily on his well-hone instincts and swank demeanor to make a style statement out of a song and dance session.

And so whether he's swaying in a shirtless avatar to O O Jaane jaana in Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya or prancing around the streets of London with his trademark swagger and jhatkas in Tainu leke (in Salaam-E-Ishq), this Khan is one heck of a performer.

Govinda

Salman Khan's Partner-in-crime, Govinda loves to dance, direct dil se. A scene from this Hitch rip-off sums it up well. Khan tries to teach Govinda a couple of hip moves. The latter, however, is busy gamboling away to a wacky Kishore Kumar ditty. The original 'Street Dancer' follows his own 'dhinchak' tune.

As seen in hundred odd movies, you can trust Chi Chi to throw himself into the motions of any melody with mirthful spontaneity and infectious vivacity.

Even though, he succumbed to the mid-nineties pelvic-thrusting wave, with raunchy numbers like Sarkailo khatiya (Raja Babu) and Meri pant bhi sexy (Dulaara), Govinda's heart and feet are still in the right place.

Edited by surkikhani - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shivanee31 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thnx a lot for sharing!My favourites are Hrithik,Shahrukh,Shahid and Akshay!! 😊
pg17 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
1. Ganesh Hegde
2. Hrithik
3. Shadid Kapoor
4. Prabhu Deva
5. Govinda
FallenAngelx16 thumbnail
1. Ganesh Gegde.
2. Shahid Kapur.
3. Hritik Roshan.
4. Prabhu Deva.
5. Javed jaffrey.
6. Govinda.

I hate to say this as I'm a HUGE Salman Khan fan, but he can't seem to dance anymore after getting all muscular.
surkikhani thumbnail
i like ShaRukh And Hrithik
metoyou thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I have only one favorite, HRITHIK ROSHAN. he is THE best dancer ever!!! 😳
Shahid comes at no.2 😉
ELAS101 thumbnail
I agree with this list, but I don't think Akshay Kumar is really one of the top dancers. My top two are Hrithik and then Shahid.
surkikhani thumbnail
Originally posted by: ELAS101

I agree with this list, but I don't think Akshay Kumar is really one of the top dancers. My top two are Hrithik and then Shahid.

come on just look Akshay dance in different awards and IPL final rocking
burgerchaap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I LOVEE;; Shahid Kapur, Salman Khan & Hrithik Roshan! 😊
Nitika2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
SRK, Shahid n Hrithik (in no paticular order)