Scarlett Johansson Gets Engaged...

Posted: 15 years ago

The Dish Rag by Elizabeth Snead

Sorry, Woody Allen. Scarlett Johansson's off the market

Ryan_reynolds_2Scarlett_johansson_jpg_2

Scarlett Johansson, 23, and Ryan Reynolds, 31, who have been dating since spring 2007, are engaged.

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Yes, Reynolds was previously engaged to singer Alanis Morissette, 33. And yes, the couple split up in February 2007 after four years together.

Four years? Sounds like someone was dragging his feet.

And there's no date set yet for Reynolds' second engagement. Word to the wise, ScarJo, if he doesn't set the date after a year, dump him. Woody Allen, for one, will be glad.

Scarlett Johanssonwas previously dating Josh Hartnett. To see who else she's had on- (and off-) screen relationships with click HERE.

In February, it was reported that the actress was seen shopping for wedding dresses at Monique Lhuillier's Melrose Place boutique in L.A., with her mother and sister. But it was officially explained as being for a family member's wedding, sez Us Weekly.

Uh-oh. Wedding fever?

Expect more Scarlett news in the near future. She is heading to Cannes next week for Allen's new movie "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" and it's supposed to be hot, hot, tres hot.

Photo: WireImage

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2008/05/scarlett- johans.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

hmm..  i think this engagement is a bit too hasty. ryan only broke up with alanis in 2007 & started dating scarlett in spring last year.😕

whatever it is, i wish scarlett best of luck for her relationship! hope she doesn't quit acting or anything like that after her engagement or marriage.

-Navi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i never even knew ryan and alanis morrisette broke up.. hahaha.. *so slow*. i love alanis :D.. oh wait, i remember hearing about ryan and scarlett being together quite some time ago in mtv live.. *very slow*. i did not like scarlett at all.. but she grew on me.. especially when I started listening to her music..

anyone wanna bet on how long this will last?

-Navi.
jigglypuff726 thumbnail

^ knowing ryan & scarlett, probably 2 years max.😆😆

-Navi thumbnail
^ that is if they don't call off the engagement..
Yeah, I agree with you both. Scarlett could do so much better. And she will realize it at some point. I really did like Alanis and Ryan together. Oh well!
jigglypuff726 thumbnail

Originally posted by: suuunshiine

^ that is if they don't call off the engagement..

😆😆😆 that's absolutely true. wonder why scarlett broke up with josh? they were adorable together. personally i like scarlett with hugh jackman the best. too bad he's already hitched.😉

Edited by jigglypuff726 - 15 years ago
Hmm... I don't know why Scarlett broke up with Josh. He says it was the work pressures. But any cuteness the guy has can be taken away by the fact that he is a bit too loose for my liking. Off the top of my head, I can name a few he has been linked with like Kirsten Dunst, Estella Warren, Sienna Miller, Rumer Willis, etc.
-Navi thumbnail
Originally posted by: jigglypuff726

😆😆😆 that's absolutely true. wonder why scarlett broke up with josh? they were adorable together. personally i like scarlett with hugh jackman the best. too bad he's already hitched.😉

josh hartnett? i never knew they were together..

I completely agree hugh jackman and scarlett are so amazing together on screen.. especially in scoop and the prestige [actually, i think those are the only movies they were together in.. haha]. scarlett's a good actress.. she's amazing in the woody allen films she's in.. especially match point.. on a random note, JRM ❤️
jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Originally posted by: suuunshiine

josh hartnett? i never knew they were together..

I completely agree hugh jackman and scarlett are so amazing together on screen.. especially in scoop and the prestige [actually, i think those are the only movies they were together in.. haha]. scarlett's a good actress.. she's amazing in the woody allen films she's in.. especially match point.. on a random note, JRM ❤️

oh yes they were together. i think they both hooked up during the filming of The Black Dahilla. josh was full of praise for scarlett both onscreen & offscreen. i seriously thought josh & scarlett will last long but guess not.😆😆

hehe..hugh & scarlett have only been in 2 movies. Scoop & The Prestige. i think they've got an awesome chemistry & since they're both great actors too, their combo is perfect.😃

i just watched Match Point yesterday. it was a neat film & scarlett was really good in it. JRM is a real hottie. i ❤️ his eyes.