Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Fun Facts and Quotes-hrithik roshan

ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Fun Facts and Quotes:
According to Hrithik, "I have an unusual name, Hrithik refers to the purity of the soul that is attained by all those who perform havan. It has a spiritual connotation."

He married his true love Suzanne Khan on December 20th, 2000. They have one son Hrehaan and are expecting another baby due in May.

Lata Mangeshkar said, "I believe Hrithik Roshan eats, lives and breathes his work. Who sirf apne kaam ke baarey mein sochta hai. There are so many good artistes who haven't had a successive run of hits. Does that make them any less as artists? To hound him for his failures is not right. I've become a big fan of Hrithik. But when he meets me with so much affection and respect in public, I'm unable to express my appreciation for him."

On Valentine's Day in 2000, Duggu received an unbelievable 30,000 marriage proposals.

We might soon see him in a directors hat. In a recent interview he said, "And very soon I am planning to wield the megaphone. I have always wanted to be behind the camera and not in front of it. Yet no regrets! I think I am more prepared and experienced now to do full justice to my passion of directing a movie all on my own."

He says he is terrible with money and leaves it up to Suzanne and his parents.

He also says he has a terrible memory and cannot remember names or faces

At 21, he was diagnosed with scoliosis, a curvature of the back. Doctors told him he would never be able to dance, act or do any of the action scenes.

Once said, "Every once a week, I get up and feel that I cannot act any more. I just get very unsure of myself. But, once I give my first shot, I'm back on track. Insecurity isn't bad, it makes me work harder."

Says he makes the best Spanish Omelets but will not divulge his secret recipe.

Had crushes on Gabrielle Anwar and on Jessica Rabbit. "I had a huge crush on her (Gabrielle) for ever so long. Jessica Rabbit from Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988). I thought she was really hot!"

His favorite song is "Stand By Me" by Benny King. He said the song "is about Suzanne and me; it's very special to both of us, actually."

Hrithik is an avid photographer and likes to document his daily life. In fact recently when asked if everyone was safe from a fire, what is the one thing he would go back and get? He said he would save his pictures.

His debut film was almost Shekhar Kapur's Ta Ra Rum Pum Pum. However, Kapur got the call to go to Hollywood and the film was never made.

"I am the person I am today primarily due to the fine example set by both my parents."

His favorite Hindi films are Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai, Sholay; Hollywood films are Pretty Woman and When Harry Met Sally.

Believes that, "Film acting is work, appreciation and stardom are merely its by-products."

"To just have a vision to have his [an actor] cinema rise higher and go beyond the ordinary. It's the ambition, passion, the human instinct to strive and realize your ultimate potential. That's what I feel and most actors who are ambitious in this regard feel." This quote defines his body of work, and we hope Hrithik continues to challenge himself and do roles that are deep and complex. One can only imagine where an actor with such an amazing caliber can go from here! I know I will be waiting and watching and running to the theater for each new release.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mrs-KaranKundra thumbnail
he is jus t great thanks 4 sharing
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5