Adult Content in the Fan Fictions on IF

Posted: 16 years ago

Hello Friends,

It's just one more day to go before the Valentine Day makes a valentine out of each of us, love being everywhere in the air.

To celebrate I am sure our brilliant FF authors all over IF are busy in drawing out the electrifying chemistry and passion for their respective protagonists.

In such a scenario, I would hate to dampen the spirits, and before I say anything, let me make it clear that in the recent past, we have seen some of the most brilliant creative content being presented on IF and the amount of talent is amazing. Hats off to each of the authors who give so much pleasure to the average member here, even more so when the serial itself has become one big drag and hopes come crashing down all around. Fan Fics have managed to keep that spirit and hope alive.

Nevertheless, the Dev team has noticed that the amount of adult stuff written in these Fan Fics is steadily increasing. And hence this announcement.

Friends, on IF, we have always tried to maintain a certain decorum and tried to make it a place for everyone between 8 to 80. So please help us maintain that decorum and keep the forum clean of any such kind of content which might make a mother of a 13 year old object to her daughter coming to this site, never mind that the daughter might actually know kamasutra inside out.

The Dev team has been flooded with complaints about the amount of adult oriented content that has invaded IF recently. So we are making this announcement as a reminder to everyone that graphic descriptions of any sex related content is not allowed on IF. Please avoid using any language which involves nudity. And that applies to the Fan Fics as well.

One of the complaints against this policy has been that we have allowed similar adult postings elsewhere on the site. I need to emphasize that it is not true. If you have come across any such posting which has involved stuff aimed at deliberate sexual stimulation or is inappropriate, then please inform the Dev team right away.

With the brilliance that each of our Fan Fic authors have, I am sure they will be able to weave the tale of romance and love aesthetically without involving any kind of nudity or sexually oriented material.

Many of the soaps on Television today unfortunately show a lot of stuff which is not appropriate for family viewing, but please lets not use that excuse to use such content in our discussions as well.

At the end, no matter what they show on TV, we still a land of people where our biggest superstar ever has reached where he has without kissing any of his heroines and still is loved as the king of romance.

With a Valentine Toast to that ethereal quality of romance, I end it here.

Happy Valentine Day to All !

Cheers,

IF DEV TEAM.

PS: Please check out Rule 3 of the IF CODE OF CONDUCT for more information. Please feel free to write to the Global Moderators for any further queries.

Edited by Minnie - 16 years ago
woooowwww Minniiee di veryy much needed πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

i wanted tis rule to be reminded of,some placess in FF'css itzz crossin limits πŸ˜•
Thank you minnie di, this was much needed. 😊
This was indeed very much needed...

Thanks Minnie Massi...

Happy Pre V-day to all.. πŸ˜ƒ 😳
Thanx... i agree, this was really needed! 😳

Happy {Early} Valentines Day to All!!! πŸ˜‰
Thanx alot this was needed πŸ˜› ..

x Mrs.KaranSinghGrover x 😳
Very nicely put our stand Minnie - Thank You!, similar observation in DM, really intended no restriction on sharing thoughts but maintaining Forum Decorum's has to be kept in mind at all times.

PS - Adding link of this post to IMP Annoucements in DM.
Minnie, you are absolutely right. All manner of content, be that any expression of love, can be presented aesthetically and beautifully, even if it is the same "adult" content that can be expressed in other, more vulgar ways. It is less the content and more the way that it is presented in.

Great..it was much neededπŸ˜ƒ..

Happy valentine to all IF loversπŸ˜ƒ