Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na Articles - Page 3

Posted: 16 years ago
Why Siddharth Shukla refused to wed!

Siddharth Shukla, who plays Shubh in Babul Ka Aangan, is getting married to Aastha (Aashtha Chaudhary) in the show. However, while shooting for the wedding scene, the actor refused to perform the rituals. We were curios to know why so we spoke to him.

The actor explains, "I realized that the mantra or shlok and even the Panditji was real. I went and told this to my production house and requested them to change the sequence. It is true that I am actor and it was not a real wedding but I was scared. I suggested them to do the pheras first, then the mangalsutra thing and lastly sindoor. Thankfully, they agreed to do it that way."

The relieved actor adds, "After that everything went of very well. Thank God that day my mother was not on the sets otherwise she would have got a heart attack. I will not do a 'proper' wedding scene in the future as well. This jumbling of rituals is fine for me."

Asked about his real life wedding, he says, "I have not thought about it but I want a simple girl. She should be co-operative and caring. I will take care of her and her family and she should do the same. Wedding is like a gamble so you cannot expect so many things from your wedding and partner."

The marriage sequence is going to come on air on March 26. Before, this Siddharth had a difficult time while wearing a girl's costume and even doing a kissing scene.

indya.com

Edited by sanober88 - 16 years ago
A prank played by cast members of Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na made Aastha Chaudhary cry..
The shooting for Sony TV's Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na was on when director Maqbool Khan suddenly started screaming at Aastha Chaudhary. He made clear his dissatisfaction with her acting and this almost made a nervous wreck of Chaudhary. This is when the chief of operations walked in and Chaudhary thought he was the best person to open her heart before. Another person walked in ~ Sayantani (lead actor of Naginn) and asked whether the lead protagonist had left. Just when everybody thought Chaudhary would breakdown, everybody said "surprise. It was all a joke". That's how Chaudhary was introduced to the "fun world" of television.
"I essay the role of a sweet, fun-loving girl, who is willing to do anything to keep her family happy. She gets married and things begin to change. Soon, she's forced to choose between two families and wonders how to keep both sides happy. The storyline speaks of a father-daughter relationship. When the script was narrated, I immediately accepted it. Sony Television's Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na is quite different from what you usually get to watch on television. It's close to my heart and I can relate to it. Most girls face similar dilemmas," says Chaudhary.
When auditions were on, Chaudhary never wanted to approach the production house. Between her shoots for a Zee TV serial, she was literally dragged by fate to come for the auditions and there was no looking back. "The storyline may sound clichd but it doesn't talk about dreamlike situations, families that don't exist. All girls marry and some are forced to change. How can a girl be made to forget her father?"
Work on a daily soap is not an easy task. "I end up working 16 to 17 hours a day. But I'm not complaining. Work is god, my religion. Members on the sets form a family and they are there through the good and bad times… I cannot think of taking on another serial because this one takes much of my time," rounds off Chaudhary.
SNS

http://thestatesman.org/page.arcview.php?date=2008-01-22& ; ;usrsess=1&clid=26&id=214005

Adi Irani to play a Subhash Ghai in Babul ka Aangann Chootey Na...

Adi Irani, the brother of Arrona Irani makes his entry into Ratna Sinha's Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Naa..
Link: http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2179

Show approaches climax with wedding

Ratna Sinha's Babul Ka Angann Choothey Na is gearing up for the wedding of protagonist Aastha Chaudhary playing Aastha, who is getting married into the rich Ranawat household. She will tie the knot with Shubh Ranawat played by model-turned-actor Siddarth Shukla.

Ratna says, "The wedding has been shot lavishly with detailing to make it look like real wedding. After the wedding the dilemma of Aastha will start in terms of responsibilities between sasural and maayaka." The wedding was shot as if it was a real one. Aastha says, "It was an interesting experience to have an on-screen wedding, though I had to wear a lot of jewellery and there was non-stop shooting for many days."

While she is trying to play the role of the bahu to perfection, her own family falls apart. She wants to be with them, support them but the duty of a bahu is very demanding. Balancing the two, the conflict in her duties as a bahu and beti form the crux of the show.

http://deccan.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp#Chann el%20wars%20heat%20up

TAKING VOWS

Sony Entertainment Television's Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na is gearing up for the big TV wedding. The leading couple Aastha and Shubh are finally ready to tie the knot. The show is set for a festive tone that will be airing on the channel from March 26. The serial will feature scenes like the haldi, sangeet ceremony and all the traditional fares of an Indian wedding.

http://www.screenindia.com/news/TAKING-VOWS/289114/

Show approaches climax with wedding

Ratna Sinha's Babul Ka Angann Choothey Na is gearing up for the wedding of protagonist Aastha Chaudhary playing Aastha, who is getting married into the rich Ranawat household. She will tie the knot with Shubh Ranawat played by model-turned-actor Siddarth Shukla.

Ratna says, "The wedding has been shot lavishly with detailing to make it look like real wedding. After the wedding the dilemma of Aastha will start in terms of responsibilities between sasural and maayaka." The wedding was shot as if it was a real one. Aastha says, "It was an interesting experience to have an on-screen wedding, though I had to wear a lot of jewellery and there was non-stop shooting for many days."

While she is trying to play the role of the bahu to perfection, her own family falls apart. She wants to be with them, support them but the duty of a bahu is very demanding. Balancing the two, the conflict in her duties as a bahu and beti form the crux of the show.

www.deccan.com

Vaishali Nazareth, who plays the role of the scheming Anushka Ranawat in Sony's Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na in conversation...

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2204

Sidharth Shukla - Winner Best Model of the World - Istanbul TURKEY 2005

Model Portfolio

Height : 6'2
Shoulders : 20
Chest : 42
Waist : 32
Hips : 35
Shoe Size : 10
ASSIGNMENTS - Icici credit n debit commercials / Digjam / Pantaloon / S Kumars / ICICI / Rediffbol.com] [AREA OF INTEREST - Ramp / Phot shoots / Music videos / Films / Commercials]

A lot different from reel life! - Shalini Khanna

Shalini Khanna, the very affectionate sister in Ratna Sinha's Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Naa talks of her reel life character..
http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2242