Debate Mansion

Self Protection

Morning_Dew thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

With increasing Guns crime..insecurity is inevitable.

Do you think every one should have their own weapon (Guns) to protect themselves, cause despite law illegal weapons mostly  reach to the culprits.

On the other hand. If you know some one has a gun/guns in a house and you don't , would you feel  comfortable to let your child play in that house?  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
NO, arming everyone with guns 'll be disasterous. Chhoti chhoti baat par shootouts ho jaayenge.. πŸ˜†
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Make guns legal. There is cooling off period before guns are given to the buyers. Some evaluation should take place in who owns the gun. No psycho should be allowed to carry or own a gun.

Crooks are carrying guns and killing innocent people 😑. To defend one self I personally would love to own one   πŸ˜³ or may be I do πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†
Edited by Dabulls23 - 16 years ago
raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
aiilaa ... Dewey what happened πŸ˜† ... what is police, Govt and law enforcement for ?? Give me my tax money and I can buy AK47 shhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone lolsssss
*Jane* thumbnail
Originally posted by: Morning_Dew

Do you think every one should have their own weapon (Guns) to protect themselves, cause despite law illegal weapons mostly  reach to the culprits. [/quote]

Personally, I think everyone should have a gun and learn how to competently use it. One never knows when they're going to need one. Seeing as criminals do tend to get their weapon supply regardless of laws, the average Joe/Jane have even more of a reason to have something to protect with other then just pepper spray.

-Believe- thumbnail

Hooo I too wanna gun and Bullet prooff Pant tooπŸ˜†πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›

Pensive thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Morning_Dew

Do you think every one should have their own weapon (Guns) to protect themselves, cause despite law illegal weapons mostly  reach to the culprits.

On the other hand. If you know some one has a gun/guns in a house and you don't , would you feel  comfortable to let your child play in that house?  

Ah well then the fire arm training has to b made mandatory..The last thing we want is a lot of people with guns who don't know how to use them safely.

And i personally feel that ..no every one should not have guns coz all of us are not responible enough..and with guns little fight or argument can turned to a serious mishap

Dabulls23 thumbnail
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I am completely in favor of gun control. I find it apalling on how easy it is to get a deadly weapon like a gun. Despite background checks some apparently sane and healthy people have snapped and killed people. It makes me wary that the common man possesses guns because there are too many loose screw, trigger happy, nut jobs running around the streets that are a disaster waiting to happen. The common man is not trained to use guns, in a state of panic, emotional outburst, misplaced fear and panic can cause unnecesscary fatalities.

The probability that a common man will have to face an armed criminal is rare. When in such a situation the probability that the person will not be able to think cohesively to defend themselves is higher. Sometimes the criminal is unarmed and manges to secure firearms from the victims itself.

I would definitely not want my kids playing in a house that has fire-arms. I have learnt in life that there maybe something as adult proof, but they have not mastered child proof yet.

sareg thumbnail
If the situation is such that citizens need to retain a weapon for self protection they should keep a weapon.

If you live in a town where the police wont/cant do anything to the gunda element and you have to alter your lifestyle b'cos of it, it is wrong to apply gun control laws in this situation, how many towns in India do we see like that?

It doesnt have to only do with Law and Order if you live in a far off town and the law enforcement is too far away to protect you, you really do need a weapon to protect yourself

On the other hand too much of artificial testastorone is bad too.

IMO I favor citizens possesing weapons for self protection but I also favor laws that have zero tolerance for rash use of weapons. They should have a death penalty as a punishment for anyone who wounds/kills a person and is not able to prove it was for self protection.