Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vazz thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
It is very easy to say that as parents "I will always try to understand my children.....etc".
Being a parent of 2 kids and seeing my younger one's temper... I shiver to think what kind of parenting techniques I need to use later on in life to make her see sense in the things she does.
Identifying what the child needs is NOT easy. It comes with practice and sometimes ego plays a role where in parents do not want to give in and at times the children do not want to budge.
All the points that Wawa wrote are in an idealistic world. But one thing that we always forget is that 'Man Proposes and God Disposes'. We may put in every kind of effort to understand the child, but the child may think that we are doing enought.
Parenting is an art, perfected by time.
chikoo thumbnail
Originally posted by: innocentindian

oh dear , sorry aksh...i disagree with everything wawa wrote....

I just don't think they are being bad parents, on the whole. Yes, abhi did make his mstakes...yes, simran did make the mistake of not telliing astha when she had the chance...and, i suppose, the other thing is that, yes, simran has spoilt astha a trifle too much...but she still isn't a babd parent...

The current situation has not arisen because it was created (although, yes, they had ample opportunity to avoid it), but a lot of it has been shown to be destiny...It is as if they made a mistake in the beginning, and then have had to be carried away by the flow. For certain, I do not think abhi and simran have put themselves before astha.

I suppose we all have our own views on this.E.G, some people think simran and abhi are giving more attention to sia than to astha, and i keep thinking are those people even watching the same program as me? Cos I keep thinking that astha is being given preference over sia...

anyway, just my tuppence folks.....

It's always easy to say that it's all destiny. Apart from death and life, we decide everything in our lives by our acts. Simran and Abhi have not yet started working on Astha's problems (which are rooted and created very much by them) instead philosopher Abhi aka Anan,  keeps shouting and screaming at Astha. He is a loser and as we all agree that Simran-Abhi-Astha are a problem family because that's the definitaiton of such families.

Astha needs to be felt loved (not just words), wanted, part of the family. She needs to be told the truth but it's all lacking in abhi-simmi as her parents and if I had a kid like Astha, I would worked on fixing myself and my dear spouse than shouting/screaming/slapping etc. on my daughter.
innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
aha - a lesson in how not to bring up kids 😆
MysteriousSkin thumbnail
In one of the recent episodes Abhi says talks about how mental illnesses can be genetic and then ponders if Asthan is like Radhaji ??

I would believe that Astha is more like Abhi. Abhi had the sam temper.. he used to do the same things, yelling and walking out!!!

Is he making any effort in trying to understand Astha ?
innocentindian thumbnail
wawa - naaah, i don't think I'm that shallow....and have u re-read THAT posting of Akshata's yet?

MysteriouSkin - At some point abhi has declared how astha's temper reminds him of his early years...and mother of abhi has also said same thing....
Kai-Bolto thumbnail
Haha, it seems like a lot of people are waiting in line to slap Aastha! 😆
But I wanna be first in line! Oooh, she makes me sooo mad! And Simran is annoying too, with her over-protective attitude! 😡
I admit that I feel sorry for Aastha too, like others here do, but her behaviour is totally unacceptable. I agree too, that Simran and Abhi should start treating her like an adult and not hide facts from her, and it's not entirely Aastha's fault that she is always angry. It's actually mostly Simran's fault! I'm ready to slap her too, if I could...! 😆
Kai-Bolto thumbnail
Haha, I knew I was gonna get in trouble for attacking Simran. But honestly, she needs to quit protecting Aastha and not allow her to behave in such an ugly way towards her! Sorry, if I upset anyone with my outburst on Simran, don't line up to slap me now! 😉
vazz thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kai-Bolto

Haha, I knew I was gonna get in trouble for attacking Simran. But honestly, she needs to quit protecting Aastha and not allow her to behave in such an ugly way towards her! Sorry, if I upset anyone with my outburst on Simran, don't line up to slap me now! 😉

I don't think you have offended Simran fans... of course.. II should be responding to your post 😛

Simran and Abhi need to be given Parental counselling on how to deal with Astha... but that can happen, only if Simran and Abhi REALIZE that are doing something incorrect... by the time that happens, I hope Astha has not reached a point of no turning around....

Edited by vazz - 18 years ago
Kai-Bolto thumbnail
Phew, I had already taken cover, I thought I would be thrown out from this forum. 😆
innocentindian thumbnail
lol

no - i haven't taken offence 😆

but i certainly woudn't mind crawling into that tv 😉 😛 😊