If you had a kid like Astha? - Page 2

Posted: 18 years ago
If parents ever try to be like Simran-Abhi, then they should definitely be ready for a kid like Aastha. I could never do the same things with my kids which Simran is doing or has done with Aastha.This is basically a mutual understanding between teenager kids and parents which surely lack in Simran-Aastha-Abhi relationship. It does'nt mean that Simran-Abhi dont know how to deal with kids, we can see how they are dealing with Sia(their OWN,Simran's REAL daughter)with so much love and understanding, trust etc, but in case of Aastha,they are'nt doing any justice,(thats what me, my husband and my 3 teenager kids think).Parents give their love equally to every child even if child is misbehaving, and giving slap is never ever a good idea to deal with stubborn teenagers, whoever is dealing their teenager kids like that,I feel pity for them. Parents need to talk and explain them calmly, try to convince them logically not emotionally.What Simran is doing is just obeying Aastha's commands, never try to explain or giving her some lectures like real mothers always do whenever kids have any problem.
For me thats just a silly question that"if you had a kid like Aastha?" A real mother could never behave like Simran and so there is no chance of getting this type of behaviour from REAL kids.
I can empathise with Astha! She had all the attention pouring on her and then suddenly Sia turns up and everyone is all ga-ga over Sia (and Simran was even trying to look for astha in divya, sia's friend earlier). I think that Simaran never fully accepted Astha...

To shower one with love because of a feeling of responsibility or because of a need to do the right things is different from a love that comes internally. And kids can sense a difference.

Anyway to continue, in a split second all that attention is taken away from Astha. Soon after astha learns about all the lies.... Simran hid that astha was neha's daughter understandably BUT after seeing Astha's reaction about the lies, she should have known better.

However she continued her lying ways - whether it was about Radha or Kiran or that Sia was her sister and abhimanyu was in town. Such continous lies coupled with the divided attention, Astha turned up the way she has.

And top it all, Sid also gives his whole hearted love to Sia...

Put yourselves in Astha's shoes.... its not easy dealing with the things that she is dealing with.

In my opinion, Simran should have given astha some space and time alone with abhi to sort things out and calm herself down. With Simran always around, Astha can feel suffocated....

GIVE ASTHA SOME SPACE!!! and NOT SLAPS.
Originally posted by MysteriousSkin

I can empathise with Astha! She had all the attention pouring on her and then suddenly Sia turns up and everyone is all ga-ga over Sia (and Simran was even trying to look for astha in divya, sia's friend earlier). I think that Simaran never fully accepted Astha...

To shower one with love because of a feeling of responsibility or because of a need to do the right things is different from a love that comes internally. And kids can sense a difference.

Anyway to continue, in a split second all that attention is taken away from Astha. Soon after astha learns about all the lies.... Simran hid that astha was neha's daughter understandably BUT after seeing Astha's reaction about the lies, she should have known better.

However she continued her lying ways - whether it was about Radha or Kiran or that Sia was her sister and abhimanyu was in town. Such continous lies coupled with the divided attention, Astha turned up the way she has.

And top it all, Sid also gives his whole hearted love to Sia...

Put yourselves in Astha's shoes.... its not easy dealing with the things that she is dealing with.

In my opinion, Simran should have given astha some space and time alone with abhi to sort things out and calm herself down. With Simran always around, Astha can feel suffocated....

GIVE ASTHA SOME SPACE!!! and NOT SLAPS.

I totally agree with you ! 👍🏼
Spanking a 2 year old.. did not fetch me anything... I doubt spanking a grown up teenager will fetch something.
As a matter of speech, spanking, tight slaps are fine, but the real execution of it is going to be the most stupid act a parent can do. This again is my personal opinion and nobody needs to agree with me.
If the parents also express the same way as Astha, then what is the difference between parents and teenagers. Parents need to think about methods to deal with the kids and they methods evolve, as parents evolve themselves.
I firmly believe that we need to be friends to our kids when needed, but also show them that we do have the authority and the children cannot take advantage of our friendship. Kids need to be guided at each stage of their life, and it is the parents' responsibility to figure out how to deal with them.
In this case Simran and Abhi need to realize that they have wronged Astha. That will help resolve issues faster. Simran and Abhi do not realize this and Astha is getting pissed off by the minute since she has not heard that from them.
Thanks all for your wonderful replies. I just wish the producers resolve this Astha situation soon and bring this show to a close end its been dragging on for so long. 😈
i'd slap the shBLEEP outa her 😡
if i eva had a kid like astha i would set herbrain right away not pamper her more. i would kick her out of da house and let her see how hard it is ti live a life on ur own. dat would get her brain right.

If I had a kid like astha, I would show her straight up.....who's the master and who's the mut. Meaning, I would show her whose the parent and whose the child. Astha has the right to say whatever she wants and do whatever she wants, but Simran also has the right to smack astha up-side the head and make her shut her trap. If (when I actually have kids) my kid said the things astha says to Simran and treat her the way she does, I would forget that child abuse is illegal and a "wrong thing to do". I will NOT and I repeat NOT tolerate any of this bakwaas from a child.......especially my own kid. 😡

BUT my advice to Simran is too say Kiran is your mom and you should go stay with her. And then Kiran will make astha's life a living hell cause she's using astha to get back at Abhi and simran. That will make astha realize what a "GOOD MOM" simran was to her (even though she wasn't her biological mom)and forgive and forget. But seriously, Astha is pampered too much and is in deep need of a tight slap on the face.

Edited by TiN24 - 18 years ago
I am lucky that I don't have a child like Astha.My son though difficult at times is definitely not the kind that people would want to slap and throw out of their sight. 😉

But seriously,if I had a child like that I would definitely consult a Child Psychologist or counsellor.
Only an outsider would be able to give an unbiased view and suggest remedies.
I have deliberately not said psychiatrist.Ofcourse,if I had a Dr.Pranay in the family I would discuss with him.

Edited by Akshata - 18 years ago
Which makes me wonder as to why Dr.Pranay is not being consulted this time around,by Simran!!! 😕

One,she doesn't think Aastha is 'disturbed mentally'as such,(she must be MAD to think that way!!) 🤢

Two,Dr,Pranay's retired and is doing something else!! 😆

Three,she doesn't want to hurt Abhi by even suggesting,that uski beti ka screw thoda dheela hogaya hei....have to tighten it!(Which again i think Simran wud be MAD to think that Abhi wud get offended,as i think Abhi wud have thought the same abt Aastha anyway!!) 🤢

Four,she's hoping that her 'aasthu'wud be ok,with her patience and love..(Wishful thinking,Simi baby!) 😛

So,for those of u wondering as i am,as to WHY OH WHY hasn;t Dr.Pranay or any other phsychiatrist been consulted,pick ur choice of answers above!!! 😆 😆 😆

I don;t have any daughters to begin with,just 2 lovely sons,who drives me nuts sometimes,but,they're still very much whithin the code of conduct with parents,and hope and pray they will stay that way!But if i have a daughter,like Aastha,yes...my first choice wud be counselling!!There's nothing like finding out whats going on in childs mind,by communicating,either yourself,or a third unbiased person for the child to open up to!! 😊
My thoughts!!