Astitva Ek Prem Kahani

If you had a kid like Astha?

gundamunda101 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Hi all, just wanted to know what you think? Say if you had a kid like Astha, would you kick her out of the house? and really slap her. I mean she talks so much crap, she is not appriciative of anything that Simran did for her, I think shes just a complete B#@%! . I think the producers of this show are just dragging this on for too long. Let me know what you all think.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

e3035824 thumbnail
My husband and I were discussing yesterday that if our daughter ever behaved like that we would have given her two tight slaps and turned her straight out of the house Talking in a such a foul manner to elder, or for that matter to anyone no matter what the circumsances is just inexcusable! There are better ways of expressing one's feelings than spitting venom all the time. The portrayal of Simran and Abhi's reactions to Ashta's behaviout is also unrelaistic. If my daughter were behaving like that there's no way that I wold have said "Koi use kuch nahi kahega, She is immature". If she is immature then it's high time she straightened up her act.
I don't think allowing your kids to behave in such a manner is an example of good parenting.
However I do believe that Simran and Abhi ruined Neha's life. If they had feelings for each other, they had no business dragging someone else and ruining their life. That's not to say that Neha should have realized this and never agreed to marry Abhi in the first place inspite of his insistence.

I just find the whole story quite unrealistic. I don't believe that in real life any one is as self sacrificing as Simran, any kid as spoilt a brat as Astha and any ex-girlfriend as obsessive as Kiran. Even if there were some people who were like that, it would be unrealistic to have all that combination in one set of people. That's what makes this serial so unbelievable to me. It doesn't reflect an average family to me.
chikoo thumbnail
Kid like Astha is an outcome of Parent like Simran. To fix Astha, first Simran needs to be fixed. As the old Lincoln saying goes,
"One can fool some people all the time, all the people some of the time but one cannot fool all the people all the time".

So, having way too sacrificing mom like Simran, obsessed lover girl like Kiran, spoiled kid like Astha, irritating sister or daughter (better yet creature) like Sia is a deadly combination. I agree with e3035824 100%

To straighten Astha is not so difficult. Parents need to take her into confidence and <b>"talk" </b>to her about the problems, put the facts around <b> honestly </b> without hiding things and I'm sure, kid may take time but eventually understand. Afterall, you are the parent :)
sabz86 thumbnail
Come on pple try to understand !
Aastha is just rebelling and as a teenager I feel i would do the same thing! Its easy to give 2 slaps but plz dun think that that's gonna solve everything !
innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
What do u think should be done sabz?
peacestead thumbnail
i am getting quite sick of the whole astha saga, I think they need to end it , and I am more angry with simran for putting up with all that bullcrap, the more simran will take the more astha will dish out to her, theres a limit to everything and its getting kinda tiring now, redundant, the same thing over and over again, why cant they show some positive change in astha, in fact shes getting from bad to worst and simran has become her willing and happy punching bag, well if simran wants to take all that @#it more power to her, its beyond me!!!!!!!!
mumtaz thumbnail

[ am getting quite sick of the whole astha saga, I think they need to end it , and I am more angry with simran for putting up with all that bullcrap, the more simran will take the more astha will dish out to her, theres a limit to everything and its getting kinda tiring now, redundant, the same thing over and over again, why cant they show some positive change in astha, in fact shes getting from bad to worst and simran has become her willing and happy punching bag, well if simran wants to take all that @#it more power to her, its beyond me!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I agree with u 100%,peacestead!!!

sabz86 thumbnail
I think u neeed to change ur pic first innocent indian 😡 than ill answer ur question !

LOL
Kinnu thumbnail
It is funny you say that about Astha. To tell you the truth, I would not tolerate any nonsense if I had a daughter like Astha. First of all, I would not put her on my HEAD and spoil her like Simran did. My hubby is Italian and sometimes I ask him to watch the show, but when he sees all the crying, etc and of course Astha's attitude, he says," Can't anyone spank her". Her character is utterly disgusting and boy, to think that I would allow my daughter to behave like her and get away with it, is unthinkable.
peacestead thumbnail

Originally posted by: sabz86

Come on pple try to understand !
Aastha is just rebelling and as a teenager I feel i would do the same thing! Its easy to give 2 slaps but plz dun think that that's gonna solve everything !

Yes we were all teenagers once and some of us today are the parents of teenagers but let me assure you no matter how much we rebelled as teenagers we could never act the way astha is acting toward simran , shes acting like that with her mom, I dont think i would have acted like that with anyone older than me leave alone my parents.It is as much simrans fault as it is asthas, parents have to set the boundaries and check the child when they cross that line of decency but apparently simran forgot that aspect of child rearing.