Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

eternal thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
awesome intro dear...but its making me miss tumhari amanaat even more....sob sob...anyways continue soon dear šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ‘
bheegi thumbnail
thanks everyone...looks like the only way i can get out of my mourning from TA is by starting this ff...so here u go...here is the first part: (I am not gujju so please forgive any language mistakes...desiqt...please correct me)

PART 1:

CHARACTER INTRO PG 5

CHICAGO: MID OCTOBER

"Momā€¦I need to leave nowā€¦.I will miss the train otherwise!" Kripa protested as Gayatri carried a puja thaali to her, "deekraā€¦.today is the last day of Navratriā€¦.at least take the Prasad and teeka."

Kripa rolled her eyes, "Oh mom! Please no teekaā€¦..my friends think I am a member of some god forsaken cult or somethingā€¦.and just a little prasadā€¦..I hate these pedha thingies."

"Kripa! Please don't insult Godā€¦.I know you don't respect your parentsā€¦.but please bhagwaan Ram nu tho aadar karu chu," Gayatri requested.

"Gosh! Now don't give me that emotional crap! OKā€¦whateverā€¦.just do itā€¦.and just touch the teeka lightlyā€¦..don't dig it in like a tattooā€¦.it took me 5 days to get rid of that red color from my forehead last timeā€¦..next time I might need a whiteout or something," Kripa sighed impatiently.

"Ok baba!" Gayatri barely touched her finger to Kripa's forehead and gave her a tiny piece of the Indian mithai to which Kripa made a disgusting face as if it was poison.

"Deekraā€¦.garba maa aau chu aaj?" Gayatri asked expectantly

"NO AAU CHU!" Kripa yelled, "I told you momā€¦no Garba for meā€¦.I know why you want me to go thereā€¦.just so you can hook me up to some good for nothing Patel-Desai kinda boy, who dreams of owning a Motel or a gas pump one dayā€¦sorry momā€¦.not interestedā€¦.and you know I have two left feetā€¦..could never do the garba beforeā€¦.and not interested in learning it nowā€¦so don't you even try to convince me todayā€¦.I am outta here," Kripa picked her purse and jerked her head. She was dressed in designer low cut jeans, sleeveless top, high heels, a stylish bracelet and hoop earrings.

"Deekraā€¦.it is cold outsideā€¦.you know Chicago weatherā€¦.wear your jacket at least," Gayatri pulled out Kripa's down jacket from the closet.

"Mom! Please not that old jacketā€¦I have one in my dormā€¦I will wear it to classā€¦.but let me go now," Kripa opened the door to leave but was greeted by a gush of cold wind which almost threw her off balance.

"Seeā€¦.i told youā€¦.pehen le Kripaā€¦.otherwise you will get sick," Gayatri put the thick down purple jacket around Kripa's shoulders. Kripa hated that jacket. Her parents had purchased it for her 16th birthday to keep her warm in the Chicago winter, but it was soooo out of fashion and nerdy looking that Kripa could not imagine even her puppy (if she had one) wearing that.

Kripa decided to not argue; she thought, "wellā€¦may be I will take it away from home and dump it somewhere forever." "Ok momā€¦..I will take it," she took the jacket and walked out.

As she shivered her way to the train station, she clutched on to the jacket to absorb some of its warmth. She tried to cover her face as it was quite chilly, "yuck!" She peeled the jacket away from her face, "smells like curryā€¦.Jesus!ā€¦.That is why I hate staying at home even one nightā€¦.I smell like a freaking Indian restaurant next morning!" she could not stand the smell any longer and threw the jacket away in the closest dumpster.

She had missed her train; that meant she had to stand in the freezing temperature for another 15 minutes till the next train was due. She would rather die of cold than smell like the Mistress of Spices all day!

MUMBAI: EID CELEBRATIONS

The Khan household was abuzz with celebration and activity that evening. Visitors, friends and family had been lining up all day to wish the Khan family 'Eid Mubarak.'

"Bhaijaanā€¦.meri Eidi kahan hai?" Aaliyah stretched her hand in front of Kabir.

"Aa gayi na matlab ke time bhaijaan ke paas!" Kabir chided with her playfully, "yeh leā€¦..aaj hi designer ke yahan se aaya hai," he handed a beautiful box to his little sister.

"Kya hai?" Aaliya asked excitedly, "arre waahā€¦.kitna sunder ha bhaijaan!" she took out the beautiful diamond bracelet and admired it, "shukriya bhaijaanā€¦.it is beautifulā€¦.I love itā€¦.ā€¦Eid Mubarak bhaijaan," she hugged Kabir and kissed his cheek, "ab Zaib bhai ke paas jaati hoonā€¦dekhti hoon wo kya laaye hain," and ran to Zaib's room.

Zaib was strumming something on his guitar and had it hooked to his new Mac computer. He looked dashing in his blue sherwani, specially tailored for him this Eid.

"Eid Mubarak bhaijaan!" Aaliyah barged into his room.

"sshhā€¦.recording kar raha hoon," Zaib whispered and shushed her. He saw Aaliyah sulk, "Ok meri choti behenā€¦.no recording right now," he got up and hugged her, "Eid Mubarak."

"Meri Eidi?" Aaliyah hugged him back and stretched her hand.

"Hmmm?" Zaib put his hand in both pockets, "mere paas tho kuch nahin hai Aaliyahā€¦.yeh tho problem ho gayiā€¦.ab kya karein?"

"Bhaijaan!" Aaliyah whined, "Kabir bhai harr saal mujhey kuch badhi cheez dete hainā€¦..aur ek aap hainā€¦.kanjoos makkhi choos!"

Zaib grinned and walked to his closet. He pulled out a wrapped gift, "aur yeh kya hai?"

Aaliyah was surprised, "kya hai bhai jaan?" she took the gift and unwrapped it. She was blown away, "bhaijaanā€¦.meri painting? Kab banaayi aapne?"

Zaib just shrugged his shoulders, "shayad jab tum ammi ki kokh mein thi?"

Aaliyah hit him playfully, "bhaijaan! Aap bhi mazaak karne mein kum nahin hainā€¦.achha bataaiye kaun sa gaana tayaar kar rahe hain? Koi romantic gaana hai? Kisi ladki ke liye?"

Zaib blushed a little, "gaana tho romantic haiā€¦.lekin ladki abhi mili nahin hai."

"Bhaijaanā€¦.pata hai ammi aur abbu aapka rishta Afreen ke saath karna chaah rahe hainā€¦..kyun uske liye hai gaana?" Aaliyah asked

"Aaliyah," Zaib became a little serious, "Afreen yakeenan achhi ladki haiā€¦.parā€¦par," he paused.

"Par wo uski pari nahin hai!" Kabir walked in, "hamare majnu saheb ko jeeti jaagti ladki kabhie pasanad aa sakti hai bhala? Wo tho aasmaan ki pari ka intezaar kar rahe hainā€¦kyun Zaib miya?"

"Nahinā€¦nahin bhaijaanā€¦.aisi koi baat nahin hai," Angad stuttered.

"Haan bhai ā€¦.humney bhi yahi suna hai Zaib bhai," Sanya, Kabir's wife walked in, "aakhir kya kharaabi hai hamari Afreen mein? Meri phoophi ki ladki hai."

"Nahin bhabhiā€¦wo baat nahin hai," Zaib lowered his head.

"Main tho mazaak kar rahi thiā€¦.achha apna naya gaana sunaoā€¦.maine chupke se thoda suna thaā€¦bahut pyaara gaana hai," Sanya smiled.

"Sunaiye na bhaijaan," Aaliyah whined again.

"Yahan nahinā€¦..baharā€¦sab mehmaano ke saamne," Kabir ordered.

Zaib had no choice; he picked his guitar and lyrics and walked out into the living room.

There were a number of visitors in the house, "aao mere bachhonā€¦.aao sab se mil lo," Zareen smiled and introduced her kids to all the visitors. Everyone wished each other 'Eid Mubarak,' and hugged each other. Zareen offered sweets and mithai to everyone, "yeh aaj khaas sewaiyyan hamari khaalajaan ne banaayi hain."

"Zaib betaā€¦..zara idhar tho aa," Zareen called for her younger son.

"Jee Ammi," an obedient Zaib walked to his mother.

"Zara aaj Adi Hasan sahib aur unki beti Afreen se zaroor mil lenaā€¦.wo khaas tujh se milne aa rahe hain yahan," Zareen requested.

"Theek hai ammi," Zaib nodded, although he knew why he was being asked to meet Afreen. She was a nice girl, but Zaib was not attracted to her the way he imagined he would be when he met the girl of his dreams; but respectful that he was, he could not refuse his mother's request.

"Eid Mubarak Afreenā€¦.eid Mubarak Adi chachu," Zaib wished his guests. Shehnawaz was busy with Adi Hasan and was pleased to see Zaib walk towards them.

"Eid Mubarak!" Adi Hasan hugged Zaib as Afreen just stood shyly on the side. Afreen had been reluctant to come to the Khan's for Eid as she was more interested in meeting her college friends for Eid, but she knew her father would get upset if she refused.

"Okā€¦ab hamare Zaib bhaiā€¦.aap sab logon ke liye ek naya gaana sunaayengeā€¦.yeh unhone khaas apni sapno ki rajkumari ke liye likha haiā€¦kyun Zaib?" Kabir teased his younger brother.

Afreen stiffened at that comment; she knew her parents and Khan uncle had been talking about her marriage with Zaib, but how could she tell them she was NOT interested- that she loved someone else, even though she was not sure he loved her too?

Zaib sat down on the sofa with his guitar and started strumming. He sang in his soft, romantic and melodious voice- a voice which could melt any woman's heart, weaken anyone's kneesā€¦..

"Pari" from "sawaariya"

http://www.indicine.com/movies/bollywood/pari-saawariya/

Tum tum dare dum tum ā€” 2
Arhe ek din aasman se pari aayegi
Heeyy laut ke phir na waapas kabhi jayegi
Arhe uski kamoshi aahat ko sunta hun mein
Raat din, har ghadi
Lamha Lamha intezar hai usika
heyye ek din aasman se pari aayegi

Phoolon se woh aashna kalion se hogi narm woh
Dehkunga jab mein use mujshe karegi sharm woh
Sharma ke naazuk adhaa se
Ghabra ke behaki haya se
Zulfo ki bheegi ghata se heeeyyee
hoton ki sehemi sadaa se

Meri dil pe qayamat se woh wootayegi
Heeyyee ek din aasman se pari aayegi
Heeyyhey laut ke phir na waapas kabhi jayegi
Arhe uski kamoshi aahat ko sunta hun mein
Raat din, har ghadi
Lamha Lamha intezar hai usika
(Chahat ki chunar saajake
heeyheey
Kwabon ki mehandi rachake
heeyheey heey

Nazroo ke nazdeen aake
ooooo
In phaslo ko mitake
huunnhunnn
Woh tho lamhe tere pyaar ki
Layegi, aayegi) Chorous
Heeyyee ek din aasman se pari aayegi

"Wah bahi wah!"
"subhaan allah!"
"kya baat hai!"

The guests applauded his performance.

"Zaib miyaā€¦kahan hai yeh pari aapki?" someone asked.
"Aasman se utar kar kab aa rahi hai?"
"Kya yahin kahin haiā€¦.ya saat samunder paar hai?" everyone teased him as he walked back to his room with his guitar, all red with embarrassment.

BACK IN CHICAGO: AT THE UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS CAMPUS-

"Hey Debā€¦.sorry sweety I am late," Kripa walked into her classroom; still numb and chapped from the cold air outside, "so are we on tonight?"

"Hey Kripsā€¦.we almost gave up on youā€¦of courseā€¦.we areā€¦..I am looking forward to the Led Zep concertā€¦.they are still the bestā€¦so you have a date?" Deb asked.

"I am sure I will have no problem finding one," Kripa winked at her and settled in her chair.

ā€¦to be contdā€¦
Edited by bheegi - 16 years ago
Eternized_Blues thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

kk me first...first one to reply after the first part...well kripa is really something to handle...wow i like her she is just knocks off her mum and that line di...Mistress of spices...i loved it...i can not believe kripa hates her culture so much...wonder how she lives with her parents...she is such a brat but i still like her...this girl has got guts...she was so confident that she will get a date...Zaib on the other hand is such a sweetyšŸ˜³he is so adorable...i loved his gift that he gave to aaliya...i love when they all tease him about his pari...and the way he blushes awww di...i can imagine thatšŸ˜³šŸ˜i just can't wait for them....

FANTASTIC FIRST PART....I M ADDICTED ALREADY...U ROCK DIšŸ‘

waiting impatiently for next part dišŸ˜‰

AseveršŸ˜³

AmneetšŸ˜‰

Edited by amneet89 - 16 years ago
angullgrl91 thumbnail
wow. gr8 1st part. im lookin forward 2 readin another fan fic of yours. sounds intersting.
*MitiRasmalai* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
ohh wow...great start....man kripa is soo arrogant she doenst even respect her mom šŸ˜” ...but its ok hopefully anagd will change that šŸ˜‰

OKā€¦whateverā€¦.just do itā€¦.and just touch the teeka lightlyā€¦..don't dig it in like a tattooā€¦.it took me 5 days to get rid of that red color from my forehead last timeā€¦..next time I might need a whiteout or something,"...

...she needs whiteout to remove the tikka??... šŸ˜† šŸ˜†

She tried to cover her face as it was quite chilly, "yuck!" She peeled the jacket away from her face, "smells like curryā€¦.Jesus!ā€¦.That is why I hate staying at home even one nightā€¦.I smell like a freaking Indian restaurant next morning!

šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ oh godddd lovved that part...I was cracking up soo much during her siily complains tehy were sooo funnyy....I really like kripa's charcacter even though shes mean and all.....she still is a great comedian...its soo funny....

..Awwww angad is choo chweettt....hes so obidient (spelling?).....but i kinda miss the naughty and teasing angad...hopefully that will change later on as teh story progressess....,,,,great start...continue soon and keep up the great work šŸ‘
jdsean thumbnail
Great part!!! Love that some of the Khwaish characters are in the story. Kripa really has no respect, and is too arrogant, but I love this Kripa, because we always see Angad as the arrogant one. I love Zaib, and his whole family. Can't wait for more.
abhilashasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
so it is time for khwahish and KYPH... interesting... nice character sketch.... šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ‘
what an attitude,, Kripa!!! my god... zaib is gonna have a tough time.. šŸ˜† šŸ˜† bechara... šŸ˜† šŸ˜†
a small request... i dont understand gujarati completely.. can u plz give the translation... šŸ˜³ šŸ˜ƒ
eternal thumbnail
awesome part bheegi...

i totally loved it...kripa is such a spoiled brat...gosh she doesnt have to hate being an indian...i know a lot of people like that and it gets on my nerves...anyways dont mind but you made one error...in the beginning you wrote 'angad' instead of 'zaib' on accident....but i still loved the part...continue soon dear šŸ‘

annoying
sukhi šŸ˜ƒ
-Laiba- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
it was scch a great part loved it!! kripa is such a brat šŸ˜† šŸ˜† coont soon nd btw when u write in gujati or dunno which language its can u write the translation in english please as i don't get a word šŸ˜† šŸ˜³
MochaQueen thumbnail
oooooooo im loving kripas character alredy!!!!:P
as for zaib....i dnt lyk him being mama's boiii:( hes better when hes nawty! lol! but this zaib remind\z me of da angad in mixed doubles:P
awwww aaliyah is so luckyyy....my brothers give me nothing on eid lol:(
and hmmmmm i think kripas date will b prithvi!