•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

I feel pity for Manisha Koirala

by Subhash K Jha

"Enough dark brooding chamber pieces. My recent releases Raincoat and Antar Mahal went into a dark territory. Even my Bengali film Dosar which was a black-and-white brooding work…Now I want to loosen up, be happy, make a bright young film."

Ritu was slated to start a marital drama with Bipasha Basu and his favourite leading man Prosenjit. "But I've abandoned that idea. I've made a film about a child, to be played by Akash Neel, called Khela."

Manisha Koirala and Presanjit play the child's parents. "It's just a 7-day role for Manisha. I enjoyed working with her. She was supposed to be part of Antar Mahal (in the role played by Roopa Ganguly).

But that didn't work out. Manisha is an extremely talented and beautiful actress. It's a pity she doesn't take herself more seriously," tut-tuts Ritu.

His old favourites Roopa Ganguly and Raima Sen also star in Khela. "Raima plays a costume designer. Yes, the film is partially set in the film industry. Prosenjit plays a filmmaker…

What really excites me is the fact that this is my first film to be shot outdoors after my first my Titli. And I haven't really worked with a child in a central role."

Did he have problems directing the boy? "Not at all. I told him if he kicks me, I'll kick him back. If Akash was a brat I'm a bigger brat…I'm really looking forward to the release of Khela. It's frothy fun get-happy film. After a long time I feel I did a film that I can call a party."

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=17582