Koffee with Karan

articles about koffee with karan

natasha-remix thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 18 years ago

Note** NO comments allowed.. articles regarding to KWK only**

k in this topic im posting some news paper articles related to koffee with karan

No more Koffee for Karan
   By: Upala KBR
   April 11, 2005

[email protected]
His questions on Koffee with Karan are spicy, leaving many of his starry guests squirming in their seats.

As the show winds up in May, we put Johar on the hot seat and turned the heat on him, introducing our rapidfire round and protest-o-meter (instead of his lie-o-meter).

Read on to find out if  Karan's wins hitList's coffee hamper….

Koffee with Karan is coming to an end.
Yes. We have another six episodes to go and then we end it with a finale in May. Then it goes off air for seven months when I direct my film before some people forget that's what I really do. These days, everywhere I go people ask me who is next on my show and not what's happening to your next film.

Tell us about your best moments on the show.
There are loads of them. Starting off with the Shah Rukh-Kajol one. Just bringing them back together, even if it was just on my show, was a great moment for me. Having the Bachchans together — Amitabh uncle and Abhishek. The Sunny and Bobby episode was special too because Sunny is someone I don't know very well. I felt I knew him better after the show.

Any particular episode that moved you?
Sunju (Sunjay Dutt) when I had asked him when was the last time he cried and he had said when my papa (Yash Johar) passed away. I got this sudden lump in my throat and I didn't know what to do. I was on the job and had to ask the next question. I was very moved.

What about candid moments off the show?
During breaks, my guests saying things like "What nonsense you were asking?" and "You are so mean!" It happened a lot during the Kareena-Rani show. They kept saying, "Oh God who has written these questions?" and I blamed everybody else.

Do you let your guests see the questionnaire?
No matter how close I am to my guest, no question has ever been given in advance. Also, I have never asked any question that hasn't been asked before by the media. It's just that I am asking them on television. I never cross the line. I never ask questions that could have emotional repercussions.

Are all your guests stars?
Let's put it this way — they are members of the film fraternity. I haven't called people whom I don't care about. All the ones I have called are people I love.

Who are the people who have refused to be on the show?
Ajay Devgan. I know he's very uncomfortable doing this. Ajay explained to me and I understood. He's  like my best friend Aditya Chopra. He is media shy and I know he will never come on my show. In fact, he is totally anti-Koffee with Karan. Adi thinks I shouldn't be doing this. He is very upset with me and doesn't watch the show in protest.

Will your second season have only stars too?
No. There will be people from all walks of life. Also, it will have a new format, new set, same coffee but everything else changes. It's just Kooler Koffee with Karan.

We hear the last episode will be a grand finale?
Yes. It's got Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan together. Then we called two other young actors, Farhan Akhtar and Farah Khan along with Sanjay (Leela Bhansali) to judge the rapid-fire round. Then we have Kajol. There is one segment with Amitji, Shah Rukh, Kajol and me and then the last segment had a special guest of the show, Jaya Bachchan.

[email protected]

Paisa vasool?
A source informs us that Karan was paid 4 and a half crores for a 52-episode contract. Karan won't admit or deny this

KWK Trivia
According to our source, Rakesh Roshan called Karan to complain about the episode with Zayed and Fardeen, because both were asked questions wherein they had to choose between some actor and Hrithik, and they both choose the other actor over Hrithik in the rapid-fire round.

Our rapid-fire round

Why hasn't Mallika Sherawat been featured on your show?
Mallika is the brand ambassadress of Koffee with Karan. She was mentioned in every show. It's a pity we haven't had her on the show. It's possibly because we haven't found the right combination.

She wanted to be featured only with Akshay Kumar or Amitabh Bachchan. Right?
I wouldn't know about that. (Beep! Beep! That's our protest-o-meter going off!) But yes, Mallika had a wish list of people she wanted to be paired with. Unfortunately, we couldn't utilise the list according to her satisfaction.

What's the lie-o-meter?
It's actually my remote bell at home which I use to call my maid!

Any stars called, asking to be part of the show?
Yes, but now I am not taking any names because we haven't featured those people. (Beep! Beep!) There are reasons why they are not on the show. Individually, people are interesting but you have to put them in pairs and the pairs must have a certain kind of chemistry and that is difficult.

Any complaints from stars after a show was aired?
I haven't heard it. (Beep! Beep!) Well some people requested certain edits, which I did. If someone asked me to cut a scene in my film, I wouldn't, but for my show, I would oblige.

These are personal equations of mine and the show is a hobby, so if somebody is uncomfortable about any part of the show and requests a cut, I'd give in. Sometime, people tell me can you not ask me this question? I tell them, "I'll ask you, and you can deny it."

A peek into the next few episodes.
We have got interesting pairs like Malaika Arora, Amrita Arora and Dino (Morea), Esha Deol and Shahid Kapoor, Zeenat Aman and Hema Malini. And finally, for the first time in the history of TV, we have Rishi and Neetu Kapoor coming together.

The most thanda pair you featured?
I can't say that. (Beep! Beep!) But I was a bit thanda on the Abhishek-Preity show because I was down with jaundice. And they were full of energy.

How much do you get paid?
I can't tell you.

Any regrets now that the show is ending?
I am very happy with this break because now I want to make my movie. So now for seven months I am giving up my coffee.

Most special episode?
The finale. A lot of people I love and admire came on together.

It is always difficult to be candid and politically correct but KJ (as Karan Johar is fondly referred to by his close friends) managed to score positively on the honesty factor. So after much debate we decided to award our coffee hamper!

Edited by preity*zinta - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

natasha-remix thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
AMITABH AND ABHISHEK ON KOFFEE WITH KARAN!

Radio Sargam Report: "If there was another name for cinema… it would be Amitabh Bachchan!" states Karan Johar as he welcomes the Big B on his popular television show Koffee with Karan. "So tell me uncle", Karan continues, "How does it feel to have the most eligible bachelor at home?" Before pa Bachchan senior can answer, Junior Bachchan butts in wth a response 'Why don't I hear of all these girls who find me hot?'…

And when Karan asks "What part of a woman turns you on the most?" Abhishek answers "Her eyes". Immediately Amitabh warns his son, with a mischievous glint in his eyes, "Don't you dare go any lower!"

This episode of "Koffee with Karan" is full of moments like this – moments that show the unique relationship between the father-son duo. More friends and confidantes than father and son, their unique chemistry comes alive on the screen. When asked about his son's rumored link-ups with Preity Zinta, Rani Mukherjee & Lara Dutta, Bachchan senior very nonchalantly replies, "Abhishek would've told me first if there was anything serious happening! We are more like friends than father and son."

The Bachchans are known for their reticence and the dignified silence they maintain in the face of incessant media scrutiny. Only on this episode of Koffee with Karan do you get to know the truth behind all the speculation: What does Amitabh think of Abhishek as an actor? Which Amitabh role does Abhishek dislike? What was the impact of the Karisma's break-up on Abhishek?
Who is Abhishek really seeing?

And if that were not all, the surprise round is one hell of a scene-stealer. Watch Big B gasp for fresh air as the leading ladies of Bollywood weigh in on who is sexier, Amitabh or Abhishek. And don't miss the rapid fire round with the two Bachchans cornered by the witty host as he bombards a volley of awkward questions, which they have to answer in less than 90 seconds. The rapid fire round reveals all: Who would Abhishek choose between Preity and Rani? And whom would Amitabh choose between Kajol and Rani? All this and more in this episode.

The episode will air on Star Plus in the UK on 27th March 2005.

Me_Anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

kumkum_luva thumbnail

Arbaaz Khan

?   As his brother, I'm one of the few people who knows the real Salman Khan and can vouch for the fact that beneath his rough exterior lies a very sensitive human being. Not many people know of the numerous acts of charity that he has performed. I have seen him break down completely over the suffering of complete strangers. He is a great family person and really cares for his relatives and friends. Like everybody else, he too has some weak spots. He likes to live life to the fullest and this thirst gets him bad publicity at times. Another thing about him is that he says and does the first thing that comes to his mind when provoked. His anger lasts only a few seconds but gets translated as a lifestyle when highlighted by the press. The inability to illustrate his version of events is another of Salman's shortcomings. If only he treated the media as his friend, half his problems would get solved. I'm the last person to comment on how he should lead his life but one thing I really hope for is that he should settle down soon. Maybe marriage will bring stability to his life.

Shah Rukh Khan

?   My mistake with Salman was that I tried to play referee between him and Aishwarya. It was out of turn on my part. For the last two years we did not speak to each other. I love him so much.  I hugged him and cried, at Farah's wedding recently."

?   "Aamir is an intellectual, Salman is emotional and I am flamboyant. After so much success there is not even any competition left between us."

?   Salman and I may not be talking at the moment, but that doesn't mean I dislike him or anything of the sort. He's still the wonderful human being he always was, and I'm certain he always will be.

Akshay Kumar

?   "I have worked with David and Priyanka before but this is for the first time I am working with Salman and it has been a wonderful experience working with him. I remember Salman's words, "Akshay this is my last film with you. You arrive early on the sets and just to keep up with you I too have to get up early and be on the sets." But I am sure Salman and I going to work in other film soon."

?   Doing David Dhawan's 'Mujhse Shaadi Karogi' where my co-star is Salman Khan. I had heard so many things about him. But he turned out to be a cool guy. We really hit it off and had ourselves a ball on the sets.

Celina Jaitley

?   I love his dress sense and the way he carries himself. Idont know him personally and haven't interacted with him. But chivalry in a man is very important to me. And that is something I would know only after I have interacted with him. But he is definitely my idea of a good looking and handsome man. I would call him handsome instead of cute. He is very manly and i like his sense of style.1

Mr. Obey-Rai

?   He says he stands by what he did two years ago at the time of the infamous Vivek-Sallu fiasco where Vivek held a press conference alleging threats by Salman.

?   So would he consider working with him? "I will cross that bridge when I come to it".

Aishwarya Rai

?   Ash is supposed to have keen business acumen, they say she is cool and mature at handling every expect of her life, yet she went public at least in the promos of 'Rendezvous With Simi Garewal' saying that Salman was her idea of the sexiest man around. As she said it, she twisted her lovely face into a bewildered absolutely non-Ash what-the-hell-am-I-saying, grimace, Salman is a honey and all that, but still!

Shahid Kapoor

?   "I'm excited to be in this tour, as it will be for the first time that I will be performing with Salman. I'm rehearsing hard on my dance steps. In fact, I wanted to dance to his songs, since he has such lovely numbers, but I guess we will have to stick to our own songs," said a thrilled Shahid. And what about doing a movie with Salman? "I would love to do a film with him, since he's such a big star!" Shahid gushed.

?   "I admire Aamir Khan for his talent and Salman Khan for his body."

Hrithik Roshan

?    "Salman has the best bod in town!"

?   Salman is a friend. He helped me out before I came into films and I'll always respect him for that. Actually it's all thanks to him that I am where I am! He's like a brother.

Sanjay Leela Bhansali

?   "It's a different story with Salman. We go a longer way. Salman will always be nearer my heart because I have been with him from 'Khamoshi' itself, he's been with me through that. I think what Arbaaz and Sohail are to him, I'm as much of a brother to him. And we are genuinely bound."

?   "Salman stood by me in times of crisis"    

Recalling his depression after the horrible accident, Bhansali recently said in an interview: "I feel I couldn't go through with the traumatic time if it wasn't for Salman Khan . He not only stood by me, but made sure that I resumed shooting within six days of the fire. He dropped in twice on the sets after I returned to shoot just to see if all was okay. Salman is and always will be my dearest friend and my brother".

Amisha Patel

?   Salman is getting a bit too much negativity than he deserves. People are using him as a pawn in their selfish gains, to cover up certain mistakes they've made. Salman has kept his dignity. Never in the press has he betrayed the trust of any of the women he's been with. They have thrashed him, left, right, and center. A coin always has two sides, and we are in no position to judge a person's relationship. But you've been in a relationship for three years, so you've obviously seen something nice about it. Salman could've said negative things about Ash or Vivek, but he didn't. And I respect him for that, because I'd go loony in a situation like that, if I were to be used as a pawn.

Ravi Chopra

?   Salman is a sweetheart. I don't know how he got this reputation. Maybe, he has never had a good relationship with the media. I had a great time shooting with him and would love to do another film with him. He has really got a heart of gold. In Baghban, Salman plays an orphan who is brought up by Amitji. I needed someone who looked very decent because he's the good guy in the film. His character is indebted to the man who has raised him. Salman has done a great job.

Shilpa Shetty

?   I don't know. These are unforeseen things. I feel really bad for Salman because I know him personally. As a friend I will stick by him. I have seen the guy do so much for the underprivileged and for cancer patients in Bombay. He is very charitable but he never talks about it. I know he is on a bad footing with the press and with the law." But doesn't she agree that he has a self-destructive streak? "I don't know about that. But I do know he did not run over those people intentionally. It was an accident. There have been cases where he has stopped his car to help hit and run victims and rushed them to the hospital. But that has never come in the public eye. Today people are victimizing him because he is a star. What happened is very sad. I am not condoning it. But Salman is being projected unfairly by the media.

Preity Zinta

?   "Salman is very cute and naughty -- at least in the shots we have done together. Thanks to his spontaneity and cuteness, he can make the silliest thing look normal and believable. If he looks at you, he looks like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth. But he has this naughtiness and that's what lights up his face."

?   "Salman's a nice costar to have. I've worked with him in Chori Chori Chupke Chupke, and Har Dil too. It was a nice working relationship, I wouldn't go as far as calling each other best friends, friends or whatever. But yes, I'd like to work with him again. In fact, as you know, I've just recently finished shooting for Atul Agnihotri's Dil Ne Jisse Apna Kaha which also co-stars Salman. He's a sweet guy, but often stays to himself on the sets."

Dr. Ali Irani

?   Dr. Irani said, "I wonder why the human side of Salman is not highlighted by the media. He is made out to be a reckless brat by the media whereas he is one of the kindest boys I have seen. He has picked up so many poor accident victims and brought them to me for treatment

Bipasha Basu

?   "During the first couple of shows (concert shows) I did have my own fears about how to handle Salman," she admits. "I just stayed out of his way. Fortunately, I had two friends and Bobby Deol, Tanya and their son Aryaman for company. So we just stuck together. I neither interacted with Sanjay nor Salman. Then John flew in to some of the centres where we performed and I had him for company.

?   Bipasha continues, "Salman was the one who came forward to meet John. And he was very cordial with him. After John flew out I continued my 'Hi-hello' routine with him. And as we interacted I realised that Salman just likes to have this tough guy image. He's actually a baby and doesn't mess with you, unless you mess with him."

?   "He's really just a misunderstood guy. He loves to give this image of being a big bully but he's actually more decent than a lot of actors who pretend they are chivalrous and then turn out to be real cads. People love to hear negative things about Salman. But I think he's just an overgrown baby who loves doing a little masti."

?   What's more, says Bips, her boyfriend feels the same way too

Priyanka Chopra

?   "He was most helpful since I was very new when we started work on the film. Initially, I was a little distant but it being a romantic film topped with large doses of comedy, it was important for us to build a rapport. Salman went out of his way to break the ice & we became very cordial. In person he is very different from the image that is portrayed of him and what I learnt about him in this short span is that he is highly misunderstood".

?   Could you tell us three things about Salman Khan?

?   "He's misunderstood, intelligent and a good actor"

Rumi Jaffrey

?   I have written many films for Salman Khan and the one thing about him that has always struck me is his charisma. They say that your surat (face) is a mirror to your sirat (character) and that's very true in Salman's case. His face transmits a certain aura that cheers up the beholder from inside. Another thing is that he suits every kind of genre, be it romance, comedy or action. I can visualize him playing any sort of a character as he has the ability to bring that character to life. His charisma has made him a favorite with every filmmaker and he is one of the few rare actors that do not belong to any camp. In my view, apart from doing the type of roles he is doing right now, Salman should make a gradual shift to doing more sublime, mature kind of roles.

Sajid Nadiadwala

?   People call Salman Khan arrogant, and unprofessional and I totally agree. He is so arrogant that he just takes my word and signs my films blindly. He is so unprofessional that he reports at 8:45 for a 9'0 clock shoot. He has upset me so much that even after working with him on three films, I still want to do every film of mine with him. He has corrupted me so much that now I expect his kind of dedication and sincerity from each of my artistes. Working with him, I really feel out of touch with reality. The whole process becomes so smooth that I have to pinch myself to remember that I'm still working in the film industry. He is generous to a fault. He forever jokes around and lightens the atmosphere. He behaves courteously with his co-stars. Seriously, what else should a filmmaker want? It pains me to read about his so-called misdemeanors and makes me wonder whether the writer has written about the same person that I know. Maybe, like my film Judwaa, there are really two Salmans. The bad one does all the mischief and the good one gets all the blame. Let people say anything, in my view, he is the most committed actor that I have come across so far.

?   "It's been 15 yrs since I know Salman and something or the other draws us together. The best thing about Salman is that he gives my film bulk dates which helps me finish the film fast. Even for this film he agreed to do the film without hearing the story. He makes up for the dates if he is not well or something. After his jail days he made up for the lost time by over working so that the producer should not bear the loss. We all want this film to do well since we all have put in a great effort, my films lack creativity but they are out and out commercial. Film making is a business so my films will have to be commercial"

Amitabh Bachchan

?   I've seen him grow up in front of me. I've seen him since he was a kid in short pants. He was always around whenever I used to visit Salim Sahab for every story session. Salman is a very lovable sort of fellow. It's not like we meet everyday, but whenever we get an opportunity to meet, may be at a party or some function, we spend some light-hearted moments together. I'm very fond of him.

Diya Mirza

?   Salman Khan has got a very good physique. He looks just like a Greek god. But, he hasn't let his good looks go to his head. I consider him to be one of the most efficient, intelligent people I have met so far. I was a rank newcomer when I signed Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge and the stories I had heard about Salman's wild antics were making me nervous. I had mentally prepared myself for torment. But what followed was an exact anti-thesis. From day one itself, Salman was courtesy personified. This line is totally male dominated and it helps a heroine a great deal if her hero treats her with respect. That sets a benchmark for everybody else on the sets. From the spotboy onwards to the producer and the director, nobody dares to mistreat her. Working in the film with Salman has been one of the happiest experiences of my life, one that I will always cherish.

Bhagyashree

?   Maine Pyaar Kiya saw Salman Khan stride the box-office like a giant and since then he has never looked back. A large portion of his success can, in my view, be safely attributed to the mass hysteria he generates among the female sex. But despite his loverboy image, the Salman I remember will always be the half-smiling kid who went out of his way to make me comfortable. Unlike Salman,  whose father was a bigshot writer, I was completely new to the film line. Once, during the making of Maine Pyaar Kiya, a cameraman wanted to shoot an intimate shot of us with a particular angle that I wasn't comfortable with. Despite being the film's hero, he told the cameraman to take my permission first before proceeding. I was so touched by this incident that its memory is fresh to this day. I think it is this inherent protective quality that makes the girls go wild over Salman.

Farah Khan

?   "Nothing on earth can ruin my relationship with Salim uncle's family. Not many people know that my mother and Salman's father have acted in a film together. I've known the family for donkey's years. Salman and I have grown up together. If he sulks with me or acts tough, I can kick his ass. There can't be any problem between us. In fact, I've just wrapped up a schedule of Mujhse Shaadi Karogi."

Mahima Chaudhary

?   More than the face, I would want my Spiderman to have the perfect physique. No paunch, please. And with these requirements, only one person can fit the bill: Salman Khan.

?   "First of all, I'll go back a little to explain why Salman holds such a special place in my life. This was during my 1998 world tour, when I was with Salman, Sunjay Dutt and Karisma, soon after "Pardes", I was having a bit of a personal problem. I was new to the entire scenario and got a little frazzled, when both Salman and Sunjay came to offer help. Salman & I had just been introduced; we weren't even the best of friends then. And yet, he went out of his way to help me out. At a time when a girl is a complete newcomer, for such senior actors to support me, brought about a very overwhelming feeling. That gave me the courage to sort of take it on. May be he isn't even aware of it, but it was a gesture that touched me no end."

Rani Mukherjee

?   I had just been in the industry for a few years before the Khans offered me Hello Brother. It was a really nice film and even today I am honoured that they chose me for it. It is every stars' dream to work with the three Khans and I done it when I was just a newcomer! I thank them all for everything they gave me." And what about working with Salman himself? "Salman was so sweet. He helps you whenever your in trouble, whether that's personally or professionally. He'll help you with your scenes in the film, with your dialogue and he'll also give friendly advise. I've worked with him in a few films and it's always been great, I'm looking forward to working with him again!" Ask her to comment on the Vivek Oberoi-Salman Khan troubles and she's just as sweet a friend as always "This doesn't really have much to do with me, so I can hardly comment on it. But from my side I can say that Salman was and always will be a sweet costar and friend of mine and I don't believe in the accusations made against him. However, you have to hand it to him for handling the situation so well. Vivek and I were costars in Saathiya and I guess our chemistry worked, but personally I'm not really close to Vivek. He's my brother (Raja's) friend from school, not mine.

Bhumika Chawla

?   'Salman is a fabulous person. He was also a very supportive co-star. I had heard & read a lot about him. Who hasn't, when it comes to Salman Khan.? But I didn't go on the sets with any preconceived notions about him. I don't judge people unless I interact with them & form my own opinion. Initially I used to go & sit quietly in a corner till called for rehearsals and shots, finish my work and go home. I didn't open up with him at first, not because I was in awe of him or because I was waiting for a buddy-like feeling to develop between us. I didn't want to impress him nor did I want to be impressed by him. I was the re as a co-star & that was all,' 'The funny part was that once we did get talking, it was the last schedule & the film ended. I was sad that we couldn't be friends. But the next day I got an offer for 'Dil Ne Jisse Apna Kaha' with him & I was happy to accept the film' But she does keep in touch, 'I do call Salman once in a very rare while. to ask for his suggestions or opinions on producers, directors, and so on. I consider him a friend and a lovely person. I am fond of him in a way. I look up to him not because he is Salman Khan but because he has been here for 18 years and knows the industry inside out. He isn't too free with his advice; he doesn't give it to everyone, so I listen to what he says. I give him the respect one would accord to a senior."

Koffee with Karan

(when various stars commented on Salman)

DIRECTORS

?   Sanjay Leela Bhansali chose Salman over Shah Rukh Khan & Aamir Khan.

ACTORS

?   Abhishek also chose Sanjay Dutt over Salman.

?   QN: "You are stuck in an elevator with Salman and Mr. Obey-Rai and there is a pin drop silence , what you'd u do to break the silence "

Abhishek replied ," vivek meets Salman , Salman beat vivek".

?   Fardeen chose Sanju over him.

?   Hrithik chose him as the most Rocking khan because he is always on the rocks.(then laughed)

?   Rishi Kapoor told that when he worked with Salman, he found him very hardworking and good actor but never got his due agreeing he is one of the finest actor.

QN: Who is the most underrated actor?

Rishi: I have seen some films of Salman. He was brilliant in them. He is a huge star no doubt. But I always wonder why this actor does not get his due or roles that showcase his potential. So, Salman is the most underrated 'star' actor.

QN: Who do you prefer, Salman, Shah Rukh or Aamir?

Rishi: All 3 are friends. I have worked with 2 and enjoyed the experience. I would like to work with Aamir now.

?   Saif Ali Khan said he'd like to be Salman because he makes loads of money.

?   Sanjay Dutt chose him as his closest friend in the industry. Also, Sanjay chose him over SRK after saying it's a difficult choice.

?   Shah Rukh Khan said "God bless u" to all Salman die-hard fans.

?   Shahid was asked to choose between Sanjay Dutt and Salman, he did not choose and said that both are so cool.

?   Sunny Deol said he is the best in action roles after himself after asking to compare between Salman, Akshay Kumar, and Ajay Devgan and also chose Salman as the most Rocking Khan.

?   Mr. Obey-Rai said that he once liked him quite a lot in HDDCS, found Salman very interesting etc before the mobile war. Also said that he does not regret the press conference (but he later said it was a Bad Idea) and would like to clear the air with Salman, if he was stuck in an elevator with Salman.

ACTRESSES

?   Ash loved him as well as SRK in HDDCS and Devdas respectively.

?   Bipasha Basu found him the least sexiest of the three Khans (SRK, Aamir, and Salman).

?   Esha Deol chose Salman as the most rocking Khan among the 3 Khans.

?   Kareena said "The only man/actor that can look hot shirtless is Salman Khan".

?   Lara kept him in the middle (between Shah Rukh & Aamir Khan).

?   Malaika Arora-Khan chose Sohail over Salman.

?   When Neetu was asked who would she like to recast the hero in "Do Pal " then she replied in favour of Salman and said Shah Rukh is God and Salman is a cutie-pie .

Qn: Who would you like to cast in the foll remakes? 

Neetu: Loafer-Salman, Junglee- Dunno maybe Vivek

Which off-screen couple look bad onscreen?

John-Bips, Shahid-Kareena or Vivek-Ash
Neetu: Vivek-Ash

?   QN: "You are stuck in an elevator with Salman and Mr. Obey-Rai and there is a pin drop silence , what you'd u do to break the silence "

Preity Zinta  replied "vivek meets Salman , Salman eats vivek".

?   Priyanka chose Salman Khan over Akshay Kumar.

?   Sushmita Sen was given a choice between Sanjay Dutt and Salman; she chose Sanjay as a man and Salman as a friend

Edited by kumkum_luva - 18 years ago
Me_Anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Coffee, Tea Or Karan?
Photographs by Ayesha Broacha
Published: Volume 13

My characters wear unreal clothes, dance in unreal situations…but the emotions they express are all real
Revelling in the freshly brewed success of his small screen chat show, Koffee With Karan, Bollywood's blue-eyed boy is all set to begin work on his third directorial effort, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna. In between writing his script, anchoring his chatathons and star-studded shows, Karan Johar talks to SHRADDHA JAHAGIRDAR-SAXENA about his reel-romances, real-life traumas and the 'K' factor that rules his psyche

A decade ago, I'd seen him walk into a private viewing of childhood chum, Kajol's impending release at a suburban theatre. With a few quiet hellos, the 20-something lad settled down comfortably into the cushioned chair next to the fledgling actor and watched her enthusiastic performance in a forgettable flick.

A few years later, he made his directorial debut in Bollywood with the feel-good Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (KKHH), a college romance cum reunion tale that, like his subsequent second effort, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (K3G), spoke of romance and relationships.

A short while ago, he's begun to confidently stride on star-studded stages – in India and abroad – playing suave anchor at glitzy award ceremonies. His trademark, rapid fire repartee and pungent one-liners set him apart.

Koffee With Karan: Scenes from the finale.
As have done his recent television appearances in Koffee With Karan (KWK), where, with his smile fixed firmly in place, he has gently grilled his guests, offering them a cup of coffee to stimulate the conversation. The celebrity chat show, that is winding to its first season finale on May 27, 2005, has thrown up many a 'star confession' and a new star in the making.

Karan has already begun work on his next film, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (KANK). Like tele-queen, Ekta Kapoor's soaps, Bollywood prince, Karan's projects too revolve around the famed letter 'K' and titles that just beg to be shortened. The K-factor has an interesting, little-known reflection in his personal life. "When I was born, I was Rahul for seven days of my life. Then my
Koffee With Karan: Scenes from the finale.
mother changed my name to Karan. People who walked the spiritual side told me that K is lucky for me. Now, I believe it is too…. I am a great follower of all kinds of superstitions."

Koffee With Karan: scenes from the finale.

Edited by scorpion134 - 18 years ago
preity*zinta thumbnail
Hrithik & Farhan on Koffee with Karan

By IndiaFM News Bureau, February 11th, 2005 - 1630 hrs IST

What happens when a talented director and actor come together? They make a good movie, quite obvious. What if two childhood buddies came together? Well there is fun, laughter and some great moments. Well that is exactly what Karan's coffee promises tonight. The popular chat show has Dil Chahta Hai director Farhan Akhtar and Hrithik Roshan brew us an hour of exciting viewing. And what's more, old pal Uday Chopra joins in for that sprinkle of surprise.

Among the chat show highlight is when Karan asks the trio whether they thought they would make it this big? And the reply is anything but plain. Farhan answers, "We were pretty sure that Uday had the cut of a director. Hrithik was pegged as the actor amongst us." "And what about you…" Karan asks, "We thought I would be in jail!" cracks Farhan, his Parsi humor at his best. The chat also throws up candid moments like when Farhan admits to being upset when Hrithik turned down Dil Chahta Hai. Karan also squeezes out little known facts like Farhan is supposedly a very good dancer and was big on bodybuilding during his early teens! Finally watch out as the actor-director duo talk about the special bond that they share with their respective dad.

Saucy bits…

Farhan Akhtar rates Preity as the best actor, above Rani, Kareena and Ash!
    Farhan thinks of Hrithik as the best actor in Bollywood
    Given a chance, Hrithik would love to change Preity's hairdo in Lakshya!
    Hrithik prefers Jaadu to Preity. "That's because he spoke only when talked to" Hrithik digs
  • Hrithik thinks of Mallika Sherawat as Bollywood's sexiest actress!

preity*zinta thumbnail
Rani & Kareena chit-o-chat with Karan!
By IndiaFM News Bureau, February 25, 2005 - 00:46 IST
When talent meets glamour, it is often a heady mix. And Karan's Koffee tonight offers just this. Rani Mukherjee resembles a night beauty in a black gown with ink blue flakes while Kareena Kapoor ups the glamour quotient when she strides onto the set in a 'hot pink' number and blonde streaks! If the entr?spells splendid, the goings on don't disappoint you either…

Since both the actresses are very known to Dharma Productions, watch Karan as he picks on several sticky topics that were till then left untouched. Among the highlights of the evening is when Karan asks Kareena about the supposed discord between them during the casting of Kal Ho Na Ho. "I felt terrible that I had upset a friend over a trivial issue like money. But at that point I felt I deserved better remuneration that was being offered. But after I told you that, I felt so bitter…I thought I had lost a good friend forever…" Kareena pauses, then continues, 'I just want to say that I am sorry about it" she coils. Another moist moment crops when Rani tells Karan about the time when that she was upset with him…

"Know what Karan, what upset me was that we know each other so well that I expected that you come up to me and tell me, 'Hey Rani, look I am casting Preity for Kal Ho… I would have been very happy for you and things would have been even. But I hear the casting from a third person. That slightly hurt me" confesses Rani. Prop up for the moment when Karan owns upto his mistake. After this session of truce making, Karan digs on topics like the competition between them as rivals, did they ever think of hogging more footage in Yuva? How do rate each other as actresses, the much hyped 'Rani-Preity' friendship and fall out. Many more fun bits roll out of the chito-o-chat…

Karan: The one thing that Kareena has, and you don't?
Rani: Shahid!

Karan: The one thing that you get but Rani doesn't?
Kareena: The fee I charge…!

Karan: Preity Zinta?
Rani: But I think she yaks a lot, otherwise she's okay.

Tune in tonight for more crackers…
preity*zinta thumbnail
Lara and Bips steam up Koffee with Karan!
By IndiaFM News Bureau, February 18, 2005 - 08:20 IST
Karan sure likes his coffee hot! And the celeb anchor has got a double doze of caffeine for viewers tonight when Bipasha Basu & Lara Dutta set the couch on fire. The conversation gets real peppy when Karan gets the gorgeous gals to gab about their 'hot' labels, their love interests- John and Kelly and the common bone of contention- Amisha Patel!

Watch out as Johar asks Bipasha to do a reprise of her "Ye jism pyar nahi jaanta. Jaanta hai tho sirf bhook, jism ki bhook" And the sport that Bips is takes to it but chides Karan, "But don't ask me to pout and preen that way!" Another cracker happens when Karan calls on Lara onto the show. "I am so glad that you could make it onto the show even after that leg injury" says Karan to which Lara replies, "Anything for you Karan. I am as glamorous as I can be on a pair of crutches!" the damsel cracks.

But the real fireworks happen during the rapid fire round which throws up some amusing, quirky and downright cheeky response…
    Lara thinks that her boyfriend Kelly's egghead is the sexiest thing about him!

Bipasha thinks of Salman Khan as the guy with the least sex appeal

When asked if she liked Kelly on the bed or Kelly on the sofa, Lara throws a googly, "Kelly everywhere!"

Bips likes to put up with ex-boyfriends rather than pick a day with her rival actresses

Lara picks Sushmita Sen over Aishwarya Rai

The one guy Bipasha is willing to cheat on John for is Brad Pitt

Bipasha thinks of Abhishek Bachchan as the sexiest guy after John

And when the bong beauty was asked about Amisha, she says, "Nah..Amisha can't carry off a Jism! She doesn't have the body speak for that!" The set was in roars.

• When Karan turned to Lara, the siren wasn't too kind to Patel either. "Lets not shoot too many queries about Amisha. The poor girl is too knotted in her troubles to bother her any more!" she burst out.
And you thought sexy girls don't have a funny bone. Tune into Koffee with Karan tonight and reserve your set for a double bill of glamour, gloss and some serious spunk!
< langugage=""> function popup(url,width,height) { var newWin1=window.open(url,'indiafmwindow','x=0,y=0,toolbar=no, location=no,directories=no,status=no,scrollbars=yes, copyhistory=no,width='+width+',height='+height+',screenX=0,s creenY=0,left=20,top=20'); }
preity*zinta thumbnail
Is the Karan Koffee guest list exhausted?
   By: Mayank Shekhar
   March 9, 2005
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Karan Johar with Abhishek and Amitabh Bachchan
Possibly the most popular interview show on television, Koffee With Karan (Friday 10 pm, Star World), started out with a bang about three months ago with Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol.

However, after 17 episodes with two re-runs and four repeat appearances of interviewees, the obvious question now is if the cheeky programme has run out of people to talk to.

Says host Karan Johar, "That's not true. If you look back, Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan appeared twice because the first time they were on their "wives special" episode.

Karan Johar with Shahrukh Khan and kajol on the hit television show koffee with Karan on Star World 
The repeat of Abhishek Bachchan is courtesy fan mails to the channel. The popular demand was that Abhishek come on to the programme with a girl. The choice was between Rani Mukherji and Preity Zinta. We took Preity."

However, Johar admits, "Star World is firmly keen on featuring only top actors from the film fraternity in the first season of the show. And
everybody knows that there are just that many "stars" around."

Incidentally, the only star-actor who has shied away from being grilled over java beans so far is Ajay Devgan.

Says Johar, "I couldn't have held that against Ajay. He genuinely does not like being interviewed and has not featured on any chat shows before. Given the show's character you have to be ready for the ride, otherwise there is no fun."

Koffee With Karan has ten more episodes left before it takes a 9-month season break. While we have our own suggestions (see box), the biggies to expect on the forthcoming episodes, informs Johar, are Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan.
hayyah thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
hi am a new user of this site i really need a kareena rani episode of koffee with karan season 1 can anybody help. plz try to help ma in a way that i can download that video like it should not be working for 2 sec and then waiting 4 15minutes.... plz try 2 help me from zshare.net