•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Helloooo friends!

How are you all on this grrreat thursday evening! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

I hope good! πŸ˜ƒ Anyways... back to the topic of this post πŸ˜† which is none other than the...

This week, we will be discussing...

FASHION IN BOLLYWOOD!

Let's start the discussion with what you think of the clothes the actors wear...

Do you like them? Or are they too 'extreme' for the real world?

For example, would you wear anything like in these pictures above?

Also... do you think Bollywood plays an important role in setting the fashion trends in India? Are people influenced by the way the actors dress and follow the example they set on screen?

Finally, last question... which film, in your opinion, has had the best outfits so far? πŸ˜‰

Feel free to extend the discussion with questions of your own! πŸ˜ƒ

Enjoyyy!

Fashion & Beauty Dev Team

Edited by bollycrazy - 16 years ago
Originally posted by bollycrazy

I guess it depends on which movie we're talking abt😳 some are def. extreme...with the really short outfitsπŸ˜† but some are nice and look really good!πŸ˜ƒ    

yaar....what ash is wearing is def. not my typeπŸ˜†....i wud never wear that to school..and if i did i'd prob. get detention 🀣🀣
also, what rani is wearing is nice but i wouldnt wear that either😳

Also... do you think Bollywood plays an important role in setting the fashion trends in India? Are people influenced by the way the actors dress and follow the example they set on screen?
Yes, it is. I think people are actually infulenced. They look up to their fav. actors/actresses and see them wear something they look awesome in and the ppl want to be like them and so they wear that.

Finally, last question... which film, in your opinion, has had the best outfits so far? πŸ˜‰
hmmm a lot of movies have awesome outfitsπŸ˜›...but i really like the kurta's rani wore in bunty aur babli. they were very unique.

Awesome discussion, bollycrazy! love this weeks DOTW...looking forward to see what other people write.πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by .:Ashi:. - 16 years ago

Let's start the discussion with what you think of the clothes the actors wear...

Do you like them? Or are they too 'extreme' for the real world?

I think bollywood has gone a bit too far,  I mean its a hindi movie wasn't there suppose to be traditional?πŸ˜• now bollywood has gone Victoria secret.   

NO WAY, why because I don't like to expose my body and rani sari is not bad just toooooo colorfulπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Also... do you think Bollywood plays an important role in setting the fashion trends in India? Yes everyone wants to dress like an actress

Are people influenced by the way the actors dress and follow the example they set on screen? Yes

Finally, last question... which film, in your opinion, has had the best outfits so far? hmmmm alot of nice films if start naming them, then I wouldn't have endingπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Do you like them? Or are they too 'extreme' for the real world?~
They are toooo toooo tooooo extreme 🀣
(For real world πŸ˜‰)

lets say tht they're not my type πŸ˜†

yaa.. people are very influenced by their fav. celebrity.
like what their typ of clothing and all tht..
but im not.. πŸ˜†

i soooo love Rani's outfits in Baabul before she got
married to Salman Khan in the movie.
Really, great choice. πŸ‘
Also loved her kurta's in B&B

Feel free to extend the discussion with questions of your own! πŸ˜ƒ
great topic & great questions ! πŸ‘

Do you like them? Or are they too 'extreme' for the real world?

They're way tooo extreme, in my opinion!!

No way...never!

Also... do you think Bollywood plays an important role in setting the fashion trends in India?

Yes, it does, but I don't think the fashion trends in India are as extreme as the clothing style is in some movies

Are people influenced by the way the actors dress and follow the example they set on screen?

Yep, it has a great influence, I believe, since there are manyyyy people who want to dress up like their favorite celebrities. Infact many have these celebrities as their idols, inspirations, etc. so they want to be just like them in every way!

Finally, last question... which film, in your opinion, has had the best outfits so far?

I really liked Rani's outfits (especially skirts) in KANK and her sari in the song "Aaja Na" from Baabul 😳
Also, loved all the outfits worn by Amrita Rao in Vivah 😳

Do you like them? Or are they too 'extreme' for the real world

nope i hate a lot of the english clothes they wear in the movies
the traditional clothes are okai, in a lot of hindi movies they wear clothes which are too revealing and extreme...no one here in north america or uk wears revealing clothes like that

nope..some of the saries and suits are nice but i dont like the fashion in hindi movies because they dont know how to dress...like leather...come on thatss so ugly...also the little slutty skirts and tops...
the fashion they show in hindi movies is ugly and totally not in style

yes because these actors are their idols and if their idols wear slutty clothes they will copy then because they think they will be cool

umm..i think namaste london cuz Katrina Kaif actually wore normal clothes

Edited by brownxbabiie - 16 years ago

Great discussion goin!!!!

I love the outfits, some are really stunning, in all films, but like the ones above nice, but not ok to wear in normal day to day life.     

No they are nice, but too shhowy off for me.😳

Yes all movies set the trends, like Rani's Kurta's and things she wore as here came the bunti-babli style clothes they were named, also in one shop one collection was called veer-zaara...so yes they do set trends,

I dont know about films, in general, but i always love what Kareena Kapoor wears, in films and went she goes to awards and events, she always looks stunning, and well ash always looks good as of her looks, and rani looks amazing in sari's. I loved the clothes kareena wore in k3g there was this white jacket with fur on, in a song, omg it was sooo beautiful.😳