speciality cuisine of the place u live??

Posted: 16 years ago

Hello dears

Am a Bengali......and while talking of the Bengali food one have to mention fish…as the majority of Bengali can not imagine their life without it…..and some of the famous Bengali food revolves around of that

If Bengali's first love is fish then then without doubt the second is yummy and popular Bengali sweets!!No Bengali meal is complete without catering to the sweet tooth!!.Sweets hold a position of pride for the Bengali .Cottege cheese based sweets like sandesh , rosogolla and. Mishti doi (sweetened curd) is must-try delicacies.Every district in Bengal has a special sweet of its own .

now over to you guys.......what is the speciality cuisine of the place u live and also u originally belong too

Do hit the reply button and plzzz do answer

i liv ein chennai tamilnadu but im origibally a telugu so in my hous e we have bothe tamilian cuisine and the andhra cuisine.
tamil food
Vegetarian: idli, sambar, vadai, rasam, thayir sadam (yogurt rice), thayir vadai (yogurt-soaked fritters), kootu (made with any vegetable with lots of liquid), poriyal (made with any vegetable in dry style), murukku, uthappam, idiappam, appalam and papadum (fried chips), freshly made thayir pachidi (yogurt mixed with uncooked vegetables).

Non-vegetarian: karuvadu kozhumu (dried preserved fish flavored curry), chicken 65, chettinad pepper chicken
Andhra Food

Ravva Dosa served at a Hotel in Guntur.Described as the spiciest of these four states' cuisines, there is a generous use of chilli powder (Guntur), oil and tamarind. The most famous food items are:

Vegetarian: pesarattu, pulihora (or pulihaara), Gongura, avakkai (cut raw mango) pickle.

Non-vegetarian: Kodi iguru(fry), Kodi pulusu(gravy), Chepa pulusu etc., Hyderabadi Biryani

Another factor to remember is that Hyderabad, being the capital of Andhra Pradesh, has its own characteristic cuisine considerably different from other Andhra cuisine. The Nawabs patronised the Hyderabadi cuisine which is very much like the Lucknowi cuisine of the Avadh. The only difference is that the Nawabs of Hyderabad liked their food to be spicier, so was born the Hyderabadi cuisine which included the Kacche Gosht ki Biryani and the Dum ka Murgh, Baghare Baingan and Achaari Subzi during the reign of the Nawabs in Hyderabad

Edited by divyalrl - 16 years ago
i like to try alll kinds cuisines...
I am a Bangali but I am not a mishti person. I like a piece or two sometimes. My fav is Kheer and some pithas, but no to Mishti Doi. I don't know if you know Dudh Puli and Patishapta. I love those.

My parents like to eat fish but I only eat Rui and Chingri (shrimps)and yummy yummy Shorshe Ilish 😆

I love Bengali (or more like Indian snacks) chatpati, mangsher chop (beef pakora), aloor chop (aalo pakora) and Kolijar Shingara.
Well i live in Britain - London! And in like every shop u go in, u can get Chips! and the speciality cuisine of london is probably Fish and Chips! 😛 😛
i heard bengalis eat a lot of fish!
i'm pakistani so mainly we eat food that have spices in them.
Im a tamil so the speciality here is Idly, Vada, Dosa... and thre are so many types too!!!
I live in Canada and we are pretty much Comfort Food...
If you went to A Lunch--> youd probably order....

Appitizer
--> Poutine. A Canadian Delight filled with French Fries topped with Gravy (chicken fat) and melted Mozerrela Cheese
--> Originated: Quebec

Lunch Meal
--> Buttered Lobster. Cooked Lobster with a buttery dip on top...classical dish
--> Originated: Nova Scotia

Maple Syrup Taffy.
Maple Syrup is a sweet syrup taken from Maple trees and then boiled- to let the sweetness Become sweeter!You then take the Hot liquid and pour it over the snow making a warm strechable treat...it is then streched to perfection
--> Native Americans Or Aboriginals it is most famous in Quebec!

Drink?! Canadian Red Wine is the way to go! A fruity sweet alcoholic drink Its PLAIN YUMMM!
--> ORiginated: ANYWHERE

Now You Had a Taste Of Canadian Lunch! Hope U can taste SOME!
actually i am from PUNJAB but i live in USA. so mostly whenever i am home i eat roti and daal but there are more foods that we eat but mostly that's what we eat.
hey i'm not indian i'm from tanzania in the eastern part of africa but i live in england our speciality from tanzania is chicken pilou(spicy rice with chicken in it)with kachumbari(a salad consisting of red onions and tomatoes)yummmmmmm!!!!!