Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Nice views Sareg. I was talking about resouces that is outside, huge sum spent, why? for eg: Iraq war

raj5000 thumbnail

Vey well said Maya !!πŸ‘.

All appreciate the responses, specially Deepak and Lata Di!πŸ‘

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
In the most ideal sense joining the army should be done out of pure patriotism. It should be a self sacrificing act done to represent your country and your people, to show that you love them and are willing to sacrifice your life for them. I like to view soldiers as representatives and defenders of the sovereignty of a nation. Unfortunately, we do not live in an ideal world and society has disintegrated a lot. People who end up joining the army are poor or from the minority class for whom the army is the only way up the social ladder. However, I do not think that makes them any less in their dedication as soldiers.

War and death are more controversial and sensitive issues. If every country was defending no one would be attacking and there should be no war right? However, that is to idealistic. In the real world we rarely see eye to eye. People will disagree on principle, culture, society, morality etc. There will always be the malicious in the quest for power and growth. There will always be serious misunderstandings.

Sometimes with all alternatives exhausted or not thought through at all, war becomes the option. Sometimes it is a choice between greater good and lesser evil.

As Same said in Lord of the Rings "That there's some good in this world, ... and it's worth fighting for.?"

Or Priam in Troy "I've fought many wars in my time. Some I've fought for land, some for power, some for glory. I suppose fighting for love makes more sense than all the rest."

Sometimes you find a cause that is worth fighting for. Others may not see it and disagree, but for some it may mean something.

Another example I like to cite about War is 300. Your freedom, your land, your families, your people mean something and you take the greatest risk to fight for them.

In Sun Tzu's art of war he explains when war should be fought, how, why and also elaborates on the code of conduct.

Should Nazi Germany have gone unchecked?
Should the North have not fought for freedom of slaves?
Should we have not fought the British for our freedom?
Should the Spartans have not fought the Persians for their freedom?

War sometimes is necessary and death is the collateral it requires.

Again I have cited some honorable reasons for war. However, I have to acknowledge the not so honorable side of war. Sometimes war is fought out of pure malice. Ancient war lords pillaged villages raping and plundering as they went along, many conquering armies did so. Even in modern warfare soldiers go out of control raping and torturing. If they have no humans they take pleasure in torturing helpless animals that wander by.

Such death is not at all honorable and is the highest crime soldiers can commit.

You know sometimes I wonder about modern warfare. You can be in a trench and pull a trigger and never see who you killed. What if it was like ancient times, if you really had to see the face of everyone who you killed, feel their blood on your hands and have the look in their eyes torture your dreams for eternity. Would people still join the army, even for patriotism?

The bottom line is war appears to be a necessary evil. Absolute peace is impossible because of human nature and it will always be a fine line. Sometimes a kill by a soldier is barbaric to one and totally justified and honorable to another. The grey line will always be debated.
lighthouse thumbnail

Originally posted by: sareg

world peace belongs in a beauty contest, can we please leave it thereπŸ˜‰

πŸ˜†  Who can argue with that..πŸ˜‰

Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question 

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

raj5000 thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

In the most ideal sense joining the army should be done out of pure patriotism. It should be a self sacrificing act done to represent your country and your people, to show that you love them and are willing to sacrifice your life for them. I like to view soldiers as representatives and defenders of the sovereignty of a nation. Unfortunately, we do not live in an ideal world and society has disintegrated a lot. People who end up joining the army are poor or from the minority class for whom the army is the only way up the social ladder. However, I do not think that makes them any less in their dedication as soldiers.

War and death are more controversial and sensitive issues. If every country was defending no one would be attacking and there should be no war right? However, that is to idealistic. In the real world we rarely see eye to eye. People will disagree on principle, culture, society, morality etc. There will always be the malicious in the quest for power and growth. There will always be serious misunderstandings.

Sometimes with all alternatives exhausted or not thought through at all, war becomes the option. Sometimes it is a choice between greater good and lesser evil.

As Same said in Lord of the Rings "That there's some good in this world, ... and it's worth fighting for.?"

Or Priam in Troy "I've fought many wars in my time. Some I've fought for land, some for power, some for glory. I suppose fighting for love makes more sense than all the rest."

Sometimes you find a cause that is worth fighting for. Others may not see it and disagree, but for some it may mean something.

Another example I like to cite about War is 300. Your freedom, your land, your families, your people mean something and you take the greatest risk to fight for them.

In Sun Tzu's art of war he explains when war should be fought, how, why and also elaborates on the code of conduct.

Should Nazi Germany have gone unchecked?
Should the North have not fought for freedom of slaves?
Should we have not fought the British for our freedom?
Should the Spartans have not fought the Persians for their freedom?

War sometimes is necessary and death is the collateral it requires.

Again I have cited some honorable reasons for war. However, I have to acknowledge the not so honorable side of war. Sometimes war is fought out of pure malice. Ancient war lords pillaged villages raping and plundering as they went along, many conquering armies did so. Even in modern warfare soldiers go out of control raping and torturing. If they have no humans they take pleasure in torturing helpless animals that wander by.

Such death is not at all honorable and is the highest crime soldiers can commit.

You know sometimes I wonder about modern warfare. You can be in a trench and pull a trigger and never see who you killed. What if it was like ancient times, if you really had to see the face of everyone who you killed, feel their blood on your hands and have the look in their eyes torture your dreams for eternity. Would people still join the army, even for patriotism?

The bottom line is war appears to be a necessary evil. Absolute peace is impossible because of human nature and it will always be a fine line. Sometimes a kill by a soldier is barbaric to one and totally justified and honorable to another. The grey line will always be debated.

Excellent Views RTH πŸ‘πŸ‘

Thanks every one for responding.😊

sareg thumbnail

Originally posted by: raj5000

Nice views Sareg. I was talking about resouces that is outside, huge sum spent, why? for eg: Iraq war

when you debate on the topic

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/748994

you might want to ponder upon this topic tooπŸ˜‰

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/748994