Ek Gharelu Kahani! AK ff! Epilogue pg 196

vallanki thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago

Hi! Everyone!!!

This is the preview of my next ff....let me know how you feel.....I'm still working on 'STARTING part'....may be by Monday I get to shape it ๐Ÿ˜Š

Until Twenty -Twenty Five years ago, there was a big tradition and practice of marrying cousins. 

Sisters and Brothers are used to consider it as their luck, 'sowbhagya', auspicious having closed matches for their daughter and son.

Looking outside matches without first considering the cousin is considered as 'inauspicious, insult.'

But present generation hold a belief of having a great risk of birth defects or genetic diseases in marrying cousins.

Besides all these pros and cons, even now many families treat it as auspicious and first consider such matches before going for outside relations.

These relations are quite common in south Indian families, Marathi families, and Muslim communities.

The south indian families even consider marrying 'mamas', mother's brothers when they are in eligible criteria like age, physic, educational qualifications, and financial matters.

The difference among these relations in South Hindu families and Muslim families is the matches are taken into consideration between bua and mama children in Hindu communities while Muslims marry any kind first cousins.(Thanks for clarification by SujalkiDeewani and muniza)

This difference is because, I think, Hindu's go according to paternal hierarchy while Muslims go by maternal hierarchy....not sure as Muslims consider both sides equal way.

In precise, in South Hindu families poopa-poopi's and bua's children can marry their mama's children. But, Chachi-chachi, mousa-mousi children cannot marry one another. They are considered brother and sisters. 

Detailed further, it is more common and encouraging to consider mama's daughters to bua's sons than considering bua's daughters to mama's sons. Later one is treated like 'TAKING BACK THE KANYADAN.'

For instance, when bua is given to her sasural by mama-maayka thru 'kanyadan'; marrying her daughter to mama's son is like taking back 'kanyadan' from bua's sasural.  
These relations will be considered only when the boy and girl love each other and/or the sister-brother are fond of each other families. In these cases, the society around them don't leave a chance to taunt them in sarcasm 'they dint get any other matches in this whole world. They went for ulta rista" 

My story is mostly based on these relationships.. โ€ฆ.(I go with Hindu traditional marriages in cousins to cousinsโ€ฆfirst attempt)

Angad's father, Dilip  and Kripa's mother, Gayatri  are brother and sister.

Kripa being Angad's bua's daughter he considers as his right to take her for granted as wife. Kripa loves Angad too as it is her birth right and believes she was born for him only. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

On the other hand Kripa's father, Suryaban  likes his nephew, Prithvi, his own sister's son, as he believes it's his 'sowbhagya' to have him as his son-in-law. He always fights with his wife, Gayatri 'not to go for 'ulta rista.' ๐Ÿ˜†

From both sides the relations are encouraging and strong. Let's see who gets who.

Of course, we all know where Kripa belongs to.  But let's see how it happens.

Edited by vallanki - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SujalkiDeewani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: vallanki

The difference among these relations in South Hindu families and Muslim families is the matches are taken into consideration between bua and mama children in Hindu communities while Muslims marry chacha-chichi, massa-maassi side cousins.

This difference is because, I think, Hindu's go according to paternal hierarchy while Muslims go by maternal hierarchy.

In Muslim community coz of maternal hierarchy they marry among sisters' children and brothers' children. They also forbid the way Hindu marrying cousins'.

gr88 FF!!! it iz completely different!

well...don't take ma said stuff in an offending way!

buh actually its nuffin lyk u hav ritten..abt paternal n maternal in muslimz!

now dayz..cuzins neva marry eacoda...buh if v talk abt 25 yrz bak...dey sure were!

so i actually wanted to sayy....ma cuzins hav married bak in families...n its not only restricted to paternal or maternal....az u r sayin...cuz...dey hav married their 1st cuzins only!

i hope m makin ma point clear!

no offense!๐Ÿ˜ณ

ridizzz thumbnail
Great concept.
liked it.
i have many muslim friends...and as i heard from them about this tradition...as being Hindu from north i don't really get this concept...i found it little weird....the way u attempt to explain it really help.
looking forward to read this ff. ๐Ÿ˜Š
vallanki thumbnail

Originally posted by: SujalkiDeewani

gr88 FF!!! it iz completely different!

well...don't take ma said stuff in an offending way!

buh actually its nuffin lyk u hav ritten..abt paternal n maternal in muslimz!

now dayz..cuzins neva marry eacoda...buh if v talk abt 25 yrz bak...dey sure were!

so i actually wanted to sayy....ma cuzins hav married bak in families...n its not only restricted to paternal or maternal....az u r sayin...cuz...dey hav married their 1st cuzins only!

i hope m makin ma point clear!

no offense!๐Ÿ˜ณ

really? ...it's new to me.. I thot they don't marry bua's, mama's kids...it's cool then...it will be more easier for me to continue writing....but in hindus they don't marry chacha, maassi kids...never...it's forbidden..

thanks for clearing it....I make a note...no offense at all..you can freely give your opinions, criticisms, it brushes writers' skills for sure๐Ÿ˜ณ

Edited by vallanki - 16 years ago
SujalkiDeewani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: vallanki

really? ...it's new to me.. I thot they don't marry bua's, mama's kids...it's cool then...it will be more easier for me to continue writing....but in hindus they don't marry chacha, maassi kids...never...it's forbidden..

thanks for clearing it....I make a note...no offense at all..you can freely give your opinions, criticisms, it brushes writers' skills for sure๐Ÿ˜ณ

aaww!! its ok...wat i knew...i jus told u..i mean ...i hav neva heard of ny forbidden marriage in cuzins!๐Ÿ˜•

vallanki thumbnail

Originally posted by: ridhijai

Great concept.
liked it.
i have many muslim friends...and as i heard from them about this tradition...as being Hindu from north i don't really get this concept...i found it little weird....the way u attempt to explain it really help.
looking forward to read this ff. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks..you are right....we feel weird when we don't know about the tradition...

cheeselova thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
omggggg di u started another ff i'm soo happy ๐Ÿ˜†
amazing intro and way too diff wow ! awesome
i am always excited to read ak ff's ๐Ÿ˜†

_________
~Sana~

vallanki thumbnail

Originally posted by: iamsmart

omggggg di u started another ff i'm soo happy ๐Ÿ˜†
amazing intro and way too diff wow ! awesome
i am always excited to read ak ff's ๐Ÿ˜†
_________
~Sana~

Thanks sana! I can't stay away from AK too....tis is lil diferent by custom but love stories always lead in same direction๐Ÿ˜ณ

sweetmittal thumbnail
OMG di first of all thank u sooooooooooooooo much for starting new ff and i love u soooooooooooooooooooooooo much

this preview is very good i am sure kripa will be for angad as she is born for her haha and everybody loves angad and kripa's jodi is my favorite and so every body's favorite. can't wait to read the first part pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee continue soon

love ya di

mittal
vallanki thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweetmittal

OMG di first of all thank u sooooooooooooooo much for starting new ff and i love u soooooooooooooooooooooooo much

this preview is very good i am sure kripa will be for angad as she is born for her haha and everybody loves angad and kripa's jodi is my favorite and so every body's favorite. can't wait to read the first part pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee continue soon

love ya di

mittal

ThanQ mittal!..yes AK are forever each other...