• Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Welcome to the Discussion of the Week πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘

There are many quotes which describe Fashion, Style, Beauty etc.😳

For example:

Fashions fade, style is eternal. ~Yves Saint Laurent
 Only great minds can afford a simple style  ~ Stendhal 

β­οΈWhat do you think Fashion and Style is?
⭐️
Does one or both change often?
⭐️ Do the above quotes explain Fashion and Style to us?
⭐️
Do you believe what the quotes say?

Any other views are welcome! πŸ˜ƒ

~ Fashion & Beauty Devt Team ~

Fashion, to me tends to refer to clothing whereas style can refer to everything related to it. Fashion reminds me of fashion shows, or "being fashionable." Style is a more generic term that applies to everything. The style can mean design, historical era of a shirt, a house, or a landmark. For example, a house is built in the colonial style. Fashion and style can refer to what
is trendy or what is classic. They both change often because are affected by culture. In the US, east coast style is markedly different from west coast. One is more conservative and the other, more hip and laidback.
But some designers like to be trendy, others more classic. It depends what you like.

I think the above quotes are true.  I do believe them.  I also think, as someone who works in the fashion industry, there is a danger of being a fashion victim.  that is someone who thinks they look nice but fall in the trap of wearing too many trends or ones that don't suit them.  Like babydolls don't look good on most people. 

Edited by trina1 - 16 years ago
Originally posted by gk_09

Welcome to the Discussion of the Week πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘

There are many quotes which describe Fashion, Style, Beauty etc.😳

For example:

Fashions fade, style is eternal. ~Yves Saint Laurent 

Yes, i do beleive this!! fashion comes and fashion goes, but style is your own effect!!

Only great minds can afford a simple style  ~ Stendhal

Yea, this ones good too. lol. πŸ˜†

β­οΈWhat do you think Fashion and Style is?  Fashion is a great experiance, although its only for the moment..( take moment as w.e time!)πŸ˜† And style is unique, as its created by people themselves with their creativity! 😊
⭐️
Does one or both change often? Well, i think style stays as its just our style!! And fashion once again, comes and goes! πŸ˜›
⭐️ Do the above quotes explain Fashion and Style to us?  Yes, style is your own, and fashion is a trend that many ppl follow! πŸ˜›
⭐️
Do you believe what the quotes say? I answered that! 😳

Any other views are welcome! πŸ˜ƒ

~ Fashion & Beauty Devt Team ~

great disscussion gk!πŸ‘

β­οΈWhat do you think Fashion and Style is?

I guess the terms fashion and style are both interchangeable in a regular sense. But, to me, style is a very personal thing. Fashion is what everyone wears, because it is considered whyat is "in" what is "hot" and what is now EVERYWHERE! But for me, it is style that is lasting and classic. A person's style reflects their attitude and their personality. It is a person's identity that is reflected in their style.

⭐️ Does one or both change often?

I think Fashion changes very often, maybe according to seasons, maybe according to the top designers and even what goes on locally. But Style is lasting and classic. It will be smart and personal whether it reflects the current fashion or not.

⭐️ Do the above quotes explain Fashion and Style to us?

Yes, they do... quite well too. I think they definitely differentiates style from fashion for us. Loved the first one...😳

⭐️Do you believe what the quotes say?

Oh, absolutely! Fashions definitely come and go with time. But style remains true each and every time. Style will remain alive as long as there are people with a bit of creativty... Identity and personality only comes alive with one'ssense of style... because fashion is what everyone else is wearing... syle; that is truly your OWN!

Unleash your OWN awesome style!!! πŸ˜‰

Lovely lovely topic Gurprit di... πŸ‘

Posting the next DOTW soon! Topic Closed 😊