dures thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Ram Gopal Varma Se Bhaag

< content=09/01/2007 name=date>
Surviving Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag was an art by itself. Here's a lowdown on how the filmi janta managed

Bin there done that: Ramu

The most-awaited part at the premiere of Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag was er… the interval. We say so because most of the action (off screen) called it quits during intermission time. The filmi janta made a beeline for the exit doors, and what's more, most of them did not return when the film resumed.

RGV wanted to create history. Well, he surely has. At no other premiere has the cast and crew simply walked out from the theatre in the past. Here's a lowdown: 

Amitabh Bachchan, head lowered, left looking reasonably upset during the interval. He made it a point to look past inquisitive media persons waiting for bytes on his over-hyped film, Aag. RGV's Radha, Sushmita Sen preened on the red carpet. (Of course, she hadn't seen her film yet.) She refused to get pictures clicked, saying, "My make-up is not right!" 

Debutant Prashant Raj, the most spirited of the lot, was seen going from screen-to-screen with his girl friend, to check out audience responses. Sadly enough, after the interval there was nobody left for him to ask for feedback.

Oh Ma: Sush

Thank God, Hema Malini wasn't present at the premiere. Nisha Kothari aka Ghungroo, whose role is closely modeled on Basanti's in Sholay would've surely embarrassed her. She seemed very happy though. When has she cared about the content of her films anyway?

Pooja Shetty of Adlabs films, the producers, left after just 20 minutes.

Urmila's ample bosom on screen, apparently, was the one thing that grabbed most of the attention.

Ritesh Deshmukh and RGV loyalist E Niwas waited until the very end. But the stress did show on their faces.

Bh-aag!

Ram Gopal Verma, seen right next to the dustbin in the picture, chose his place after a lot of thinking, it seems. Bh-aag was everyone's mantra at the premiere of his Aag. The director asked a former assistant director if he liked the film. He found an answer in the blank look that he received.

RGV was also trying to gauge audience response to his film. He was watching people who were giving bytes to the media.

Aag in the theatre, Run! Run! Run!: Big B

Kya line hai!

We couldn't help eavesdrop at some clever lines that audiences came up with. Here are the gems:

A disappointed viewer asked the General Manager of the multiplex: "Sir, popcorn ke saath zeher bhi milta hai kya? (Can we get poison along with popcorn?)

People booed at Abhishek Bachchan's entry in the Mehbooba song, "Baap Kam tha kya, jo tu bhi aa gaya?" (Wasn't your father enough!)

these lines r superb!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

RGV ki AAG a big flop or what??? has someone seen it?? do reply

Edited by dures - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
lolz...I hear its a damn piece of masterwork that will win a razzie award! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Big B...I am sooo sorry But seems I will have to ive a miss to this one though it has u!!! πŸ˜‰
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
This was to happen. Making a remake and that too by RGV? πŸ˜† he can only make horror or underworld movies πŸ˜†
wezyus thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
omggggggggggggggg ist a flop ...i hve not yet seen it
pinky no1 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: Fashion_2005

This was to happen. Making a remake and that too by RGV? πŸ˜† he can only make horror or underworld movies πŸ˜†

very true πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

ELAS101 thumbnail
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† well can't say that i didn't expect this movie to be bad...
Bengal Princess thumbnail
woah its a flop ok!!! em it quite funi wot they sed abt big b nd lil b!
kelly12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
omg i cant beleve it....i thought it was a good movie..how come its oppoiste????from the promos nd everything it luked goood
heda thumbnail
saw...rm gopal verma film today...dint think it was bad.... its not an excellent film but it was not bad at all, i give it thumps up....everyone played their role good and ofcourse Amitabh rocked and Abhishek looked " hot" in mehbooba song! go bachchans!