DOTW: An uneasy alliance - Pam and Paro

psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 16 years ago

Hello all you wonderful people!πŸ€— Hope you are having a good weekend, and that you enjoyed this week's Kahaani!

I'm back with another Discussion of the Week - how's that for efficient?!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Lots of exciting things took place this week in Kahaani - and so this week's discussion should be as rocking!

Well, this week we saw something amazing, something that had the forum very excited. Nope, I'm not talking about Adi's proposal to Mets, unfortunatelyπŸ˜†πŸ˜³, but about the burgeoning friendship - or at least, temporary truce - between Paro and Pam!!

We saw Chotu being locked in a dark room by members of the AG family, despite Paro's pleas and Chotu's tears.

Then we saw something we thought would never happen - Paro and Pallavi joining hands to help Chotu!!

But this was short-lived, as in the final episode of the week, we saw Pam's true intentions to use Chotu to kill Parvati!!

Tha na yeh ek exciting hafta?!

Some topics for discussion:

1. Was the family right to lock Chotu up in a dark, dank room? Maana ke hi attacked Mets because of the colour red, but surely locking him away is not only cruel but inhumane?

2. Do you think that either Paro or Pam are justified in their own ways, reg. their fight over Krishna and Chotu? Is any one MORE right than the other?

3. How do YOU think Paro and Pam *should* proceed from here - can they work together to make Chotu happy?

4. Is Pam right in using Chotu's mental state to hurt Parvati? Is she really capable of murder, or do you think that *maybe, just maybe*, there is something else going on? Can a person ever change?

5. Are Parvati and Pallavi just too stubborn to ever get on? Are 40 years not enough to forgive and forget?

6. What do you think happened in the interim period that Sissy described, to upturn Chotu's mental balance? Were Pam and Balraj to blame?

6. What do you think will happen next? Will Chotu manage to do what his mom wants him to? Will Paro find out that Pallavi is planning murder? Will Paro and Kamal ever find out how Chotu got like this, and will he ever recover?

All this and much, much more!

Let the discussions commence!πŸ˜†

Until next week, lots of love😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

winner13 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Hi Vasu.πŸ˜ƒ Awesome topic for discussion yaar...😳 and super questions... πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘I'm really gonna enjoy this...πŸ˜ƒ thanks...😳

1. Was the family right to lock Chotu up in a dark, dank room? Maana ke hi attacked Mets because of the colour red, but surely locking him away is not only cruel but inhumane?

Yes, I think the family's reaction was cruel. Admitted Chotu could have caused serious harm... but then again, Parvati did inform the family of the reason that provoked Chotu into behaving like that... his dislike for the colour red. Instead of being understanding and sympathetic to an ill person's mental condition... just throwing him into a room on one foolish doctor's words was not done... they should in fact have done initially what Parvati did... taken a practical approach, consulted a good doctor...not that Quack doctor who almost gave Chotu shocks... and tried to avoid doing things that may provoke him while Parvati is trying her best to cure him...😳 family support and love is equally important... locking him in a room also may be ok to an extent, ok so they were really scared... πŸ˜‰but the approach was wrong... it should have been done not in the rough manner that Batuk and Varun used... maybe they could have taken Chotu to a room and quietly put him in there locked away without hurting him...😳

2. Do you think that either Paro or Pam are justified in their own ways, reg. their fight over Krishna and Chotu? Is any one MORE right than the other?

Well, in my opinion there is absolutely no doubt that Parvati is the one who is right in both cases... πŸ‘and Pallavi is absolutely wrong in both... true, Pallavi loved Krishna a lot... but that never stopped her from using that same child as a weapon against the Agarwal family... on more than one occassion, Pallavi tried to brainwash Krishna against the family and use him as a means to take her revenge... her love for him may have been great but it was selfish love... yeah, maybe she feels that Parvati snatched Krishna away... but Parvati didn't... it was Pallavi's own deeds that got her kicked out of the Agarwal family eventually... Parvati in fact, brought up Krishna beautifully... 😳giving him as much love as she would her own son...😳 if Pallavi truly loved Krishna selflessly, she would respect Parvati for this,πŸ˜ƒ not hate her... and that's why Parvati is so special...😳 inspite of everything, Parvati respects the fact that Pallavi has brought Chotu up, she gives Pallavi the right to be Chotu's mom and this for me is the biggest difference between Parvati and Pallavi...πŸ˜ƒ Parvati is absolutely right, a very special person...😳 and Pallavi... she can never be a Parvati even if she tried...πŸ˜‰ even in Chotu's case... Pallavi is absolutely wrong... if her love in Krishna's case was selfish... in Chotu's case, its purely opportunistic... which makes it worse...

3. How do YOU think Paro and Pam *should* proceed from here - can they work together to make Chotu happy?

Well, in my opinion... Parvati will definitely do everything she can to make Chotu well... even if it means having to bow in front of Pallavi... she's already done that and proved that for her, nothing is as important as Chotu's health...πŸ˜ƒ Pallavi on the other hand is doing all this only for her own reasons... yeah, she will 'help' Parvati... but not to make Chotu happy... to use him against Parvati... 😭as for proceeding... well, it depends to what extent Pallavi can stretch her 'good' act...

4. Is Pam right in using Chotu's mental state to hurt Parvati? Is she really capable of murder, or do you think that *maybe, just maybe*, there is something else going on? Can a person ever change?

No, Pallavi is absolutely 100% wrong in using Chotu... that boy is mentally ill, he trusts Pallavi and loves her more than anyone and anything... to use that faith a kid has placed in her to commit murder... its a crime...🀒 but yeah, I'll say this... I honestly don't think that Pallavi is capable of murder...πŸ˜‰ yeah, she may think about it... plan it completely...but somehow, I don't think she will be able to complete it...πŸ˜‰ she might probably even almost do it... but I think she won't be able to go through with it... she will stop herself... hopefully... 😳maybe not coz of a change of heart... but somehow, I can't see Pallavi murdering anyone esp Parvati... πŸ˜ƒfor some reason, Pallavi believes she hates Parvati to an unbelievable limit... πŸ˜‰but I feel if Pallavi sees something happening to Parvati, she won't be able to help herself from stopping it...😳 I think she's gonna have a rethink at the last minute... maybe even save Parvati... 😳 aw, I hope that happens...😳 as for Pallavi changing...πŸ˜‰ well, she'll never change totally...πŸ˜‰ coz she's too headstrong for that and has quite an ego too when it comes to Parvati... πŸ˜‰but do hope she realises how wrong she is in hating Parvati... 😭coz Pallavi isn't really an evil person in my opinion... πŸ˜ƒbut she finds it difficult to maintain the line between right and wrong... but yeah, if she does go ahead and harm Parvati...😭 my opinion will change... but hope not...😳

5. Are Parvati and Pallavi just too stubborn to ever get on? Are 40 years not enough to forgive and forget?

Well, this is a tough one... actually don't blame Parvati in this case... coz she is someone who can forgive just about anybody... and she has forgiven Pallavi and trusted her more than once... only to be betrayed again... Pallavi's case... admitted she has her reasons to be bitter against the Agarwals...πŸ˜‰ in particular against Kamal... in fact, her hate against Kamal is very understandable and even justified... πŸ˜ƒbut why she hates Parvati is strange... πŸ˜•is it only Krishna... πŸ˜‰or oddly, is Pallavi jealous of Parvati???πŸ˜‰ Jealous of the respect Parvati commands  in Agarwal house,😳 jealous that Parvati is the one who brought up Krishna,😳 jealous that Krishna till his death considered only Parvati his mother...😳 at one point, Pallavi was jealous of Parvati over Suyash... πŸ˜‰coz Pallavi loved him but he loved Parvati... 😳 he still does...😳 is it this jealousy which over the years has turned to blatant hate??? Or does Pallavi wrongly consider her jealousy to be hate... πŸ˜‰maybe that's why she'll have that last minute re-think... I hope she does... πŸ˜ƒcoz truly, Parvati has earned her respect and Krishna's love...😳 Pallavi unfortunately for herself... πŸ˜‰was never good enough for either...

6. What do you think happened in the interim period that Sissy described, to upturn Chotu's mental balance? Were Pam and Balraj to blame?

Well, after seeing what happened that day... a horrible thought crossed my mind... could Pallavi have deliberately caused Chotu's accident...🀒 which has led to this mental condition??? 😭Remember his nightmare... there was some accident in that...πŸ˜‰ maybe Pallavi did it for some reason...like Ishan has complete control of Nanda empire... could Pallavi and Balraj have done this for money... and then when Pallavi saw his condition, decided to use it to her advantage by brainwashing him against Parvati...😭 using his weakness as her strength... by training him in enjoying violent acts...boy, if that's true... Pallavi sure is as evil as Trashna then... maybe even worse...🀒 but I'm sure she's not like that... 😳hopefully, Balraj has caused the accident and Pallavi isn't aware of it...πŸ˜‰ but yeah, her using Chotu is very wrong...

6. What do you think will happen next? Will Chotu manage to do what his mom wants him to? Will Paro find out that Pallavi is planning murder? Will Paro and Kamal ever find out how Chotu got like this, and will he ever recover?

Well, I'm honestly hoping that when the showdown between Parvati and Chotu comes... 😭Parvati's love 😳wins over Pallavi's hate... that is... πŸ˜‰Chotu remembers all that his Best Friend has done for him,😳 how much she loves and cares about him😳 and can't bring himself to do anything to her...😳 that would be the biggest slap in the face and best punishment for Pallavi...πŸ‘ πŸ‘πŸ‘she would lose Chotu forever to Parvati's genuine love... 😳Well, don't think Parvati will find out about the plan till the last minute... 😭coz otherwise, she will never see Pallavi's true face... as for the facts, well definitely... Parvati will find them out one day...πŸ˜ƒ in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Chotu doesn't recover during this showdown... πŸ˜‰remember something seems to have happened to him in an accident... πŸ˜‰what if he sees his Best Friend Parvati about to meet with an accident and gets back his senses...πŸ˜ƒ and saves her...😳 totally Hindi filmi, I know... πŸ˜³πŸ˜†πŸ˜†but I'd love it... 😳I'd love to see Parvati's genuine feelings and love for Chotu cure him...😳

Aw, loved that...😳 thanks a lot again Vasu... πŸ˜ƒTake care yaar, bye.πŸ˜ƒ

Lots of love,πŸ€—

Winnie.

Edited by winner13 - 16 years ago
ankit rocks thumbnail
Hey vasu thanx for the dotw yaar!.This is my take on ur questions:

1.I totally disapprove family's decision of locking up chotu just bcoz he attacked maithalli πŸ˜† .Ok agreed that they are concerned abt thier safety,but locking up chotu who is mentally unstable,is definetly not a solutuion to the problem .I felt pity for him when he was being mercilessly dragged and locked in a room.I felt really sad when he innocently said to paro that i will complete my homework homework on time,but please get me out of this room 😭 😭 .

2.Well i feel they are sailing on a same boat.When pallavi was kicked out of aggarwal house,it was paro who brought up krishna and took care of him.And ditto! is happening now.THough chotu is paro's own blood,it was pallavi who took care of ishan these years.But the fact that i tend to sympathize with paro is that she has never ever used her children to trouble others,but for pallavi,history itself proves that be it monallika or krishna,she has used them as a weapon against aggarwals many times.And whenever krishna or monallika came to know abt the true colors of pallo,they have returned to their 'badi ma' 😳 😳 .But if u look it from another point of view,u do feel sad for pallo bcoz she has left a lonely life always and hence she never wanted krishna or monallika to leave her.She found consolance in krishna bcoz she never had a child of her own and krishna meant the world to her 😳 .To sum it up,i do respect pallavi's motherly insticts,but i disapprove her actions πŸ˜‰ .

3.Well both pallavi and parvati will do their best to make chotu happy.It wud definetly be great if they work together in getting chotu back to normal.Paravti has proved her concern by putting behind her hatred for pallavi and asking for help.On the other hand pallo seens in no mood to put her ego behind and she is helping paro only to get revenge from her which again shows her insecurity.She feels paro is getting too close to her chotu and she fears loosing him to paro.Already she lost her love 'suyash mehra' to her babhi dearest and she doesn't want to repeat the same mistake πŸ˜† πŸ˜† .

4.I strongly condemn pallavi's plan of using chotu against paro.I will not be surprised if she does so bcoz as i said earlier that pallavi is very possesive abt chotu and she doesnot to loose him to paro like she lost krishna and suyash to paro πŸ˜† .But somewhow i feel pallavi will have a change of heart when she will see through paro's genuine feelings for chotu and she may even drop her plan.Or it may happen that chotu will try to save paro and he will become victim of her(pallavi) plan and probably she will realize how wrong was she to use chotu and she will feel guilty for her actions πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜ƒ .Its impossible for pallavi to change completly bcoz it an ekta serial πŸ˜†

5.I don't feel that paro and pallavi will ever call for truce.Pallavi can never forget how paro ruined her life(she feels that way)by first getting him engaged to kamal,to snatching his love(suyash)πŸ˜† and more importantly for taking krishna away from her life whom she loved to bits😳😳.Parvati on the other hand has bore the consequences of trusting pallavi only to be betrayed again.I guess its normal to behave like this bcoz its difficult to forgive or trust a person who has betrayed u n number of times .

6.I probably feel pallavi's plan will backfire on her.I guess when chotu will see paro in trouble,he will jump to her rescue and will get hurt in this process.Pallavi wud probably feel guilty for her actions and who knows she wud change to a better person 😳 or it may happen that paro will try to save ishan thinking that he is in danger 😳 and will get injured.Seeing paro's love and care for chotu,pallavi will feel guilty or may be she will herself jump to her babhi's rescue 😳 😳 .

Once again thanx a lot for this topic vasu! πŸ˜ƒ

ANKIT Edited by ankit rocks - 16 years ago
luv_sakshi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Hey Vasu...😊 Thanks for this DOTW Topic...Here's my take on the Topics:

Hmmm πŸ˜•...On human grounds...Yes! it was quite Inhuman to lock Chotu up in the dark room ...Parvati was dead against it but the other AGs thought that it was safe to lock Chotu, so he would'nt harm anyone in the fit of voilence . Probably if they'd let Chotu be with his "Best Friend" for sometime instead, he would've turned normal in no time 😊..afterall Mommie knows best!! ...And Parvati knows just how to handle her babies!! 😳 Its good that Parvati brought Pam along to console Chotu...😊

Well, at that point of time...Parvati just wanted to protect Krishna, 'coz although Pallavi loved Krishna genuinely, she'd leave no stone unturned to brainwash Krishna against Parvati n the AGs...the signs of which were already beginning to show in Krishna's behaviour n attitude, not just with the AGs or Parvati, but also with Gunn! πŸ˜• But after what Parvati went through for 18 long years 😭, she's probably decided not to dig up the past..especially now that Krishna is'nt even alive. Parvati's always understood Pallavi's feelings for Krishna ..but situations were different then from what it is today. So, i guess even in the current situation with chotu, both Parvati n Palls have their own perceptions n both of them are justified in their own way. 😊

Parvati n Pam can definetly work together to cure Chotu n make him happy 😊...provided Pam is willing to leave her egos n issues behind . Parvati's love for Chotu is genuine 😳... not that Pam's is'nt...but Parvati would never use her children to plot revenge unlike Pam ...Moreover, what matters most to Parvati is to see her Chotu fine as before n happy always, for which reason she decided to let go off the past n put forward a genuine hand of friendship to Pam 😳...but unfortunately Pam, seems to stay rigid on the past inspite of her kid being at stake, to chalk out her revenge from Parvati 😭...even at the cost of her child. πŸ˜•

Pam's definetly not doing the right thing using Chotu's current mental state to plot her revenge...πŸ˜• ...But keeping up to Pam's past reputation, does'nt look like anything's gonna change from her end even if Parvati's taken a step to team up with Pam just to Chotu happy.  

Well, Parvati has become more practical over the last 18 years n as her new life as Janki Devi 😊...yet being her soft, motherly, affectionate self as Parvati, 😳 ...she has decided not to stubborn or get stuck with past issues. What matters most to her is Chotu's well-being n that's the reason she's gone all the way to team up with Pallavi (even if it means backfiring the AGs on this issue)...she's also asked Pallavi to help her cure Chotu 😊...the one who intends to stay stubborn is Pam ...so if Pam's willing to set her Ego aside for the sake of her child, then everything will fall into place 😊....n who knows by the time the two work together n cure Chotu, they might actually turn into the Best of Friends!! πŸ˜‰

Not sure if Pam n Balraj are to be blamed for Chotu's current mental state πŸ˜•...unless they'd arranged the accident that Chotu keeps seeing in his illusions πŸ˜•...probably for reasons relating to money / property / just pure revenge??? πŸ˜• πŸ˜• πŸ˜• Could be that Chotu was truly in love with someone n she may have got killed in an accident that led him to a state of shock? πŸ˜• At least... that's what i can guess keeping the mind those illusions he got the other day! πŸ˜•

7. What do you think will happen next? Will Chotu manage to do what his mom wants him to? Will Paro find out that Pallavi is planning murder? Will Paro and Kamal ever find out how Chotu got like this, and will he ever recover?

I think i'll stick to a positive n ending 😊...probably Parvati will find out abt Pam's intentions 😊...n will do all it takes to help Chotu normalise 😊...or Probably, Chotu will take to liking parvati so much that's he'll not do anything to harm her 😳....he may even tell his "best friend" (with all his innocence) abt thye plot after Palls trains him 😳...guess Kamal n Parvati will also find out what made Chotu like this n eventually end up curing him! 😊

Cheers,

Chandrika

Bubbly_Shelly thumbnail

Yes, i felt sorry for the poor guy having to be locked up in a dark room yet once again. I hadn't really thought that they'd actually have him in a dark room. What's the difference between him staying at Paro's or Pam's then, other than the fact that Balraj would inject some kind of drug to him.πŸ˜• Though yes, I do agree that I'm liking him better in AG house and I'd rather have him in Paro's hands than Pam's. Don't know right now, how she's planning to use Chotu to kill Paro.

I guess they're both justified in their own point of views. I know that Pam doesn't want that whatever happened to Krishna to happen to Chotu because she thinks that Paro's trying to take them away from her which is not what Paro's doing but I guess they're both looking at through their own eyes, which is why Pallavi isn't able to understand Paro. So for that I guess that they're both right through their own eyes.😊

I'd love to see them both work together and yes they can work together to make Chotu happy as they both genuinly do love Chotu.

Defintly not. It's not right for her to take advantage of Chotu's mental state just to plot her revenge against Paro. Maybe there is something else going on.πŸ€” Though as much as I've seen Pallavi, I don't think she'll be changing her mind or plan so easily. Of course a person can change and this might happen with Pam as well. Although, I'm not sure if this will be happening in Pallavi's case.πŸ˜•

I think that if Paro has to, she will forgive and forget for the sake of her family.😳 Like we're seeing here, she's asked Pallavi to join her in helping her to cure and help recover Chotu.😊 But for Pallavi, I'm seeing her still staying stubborn as she's yet again plotting against Paro.

It's actually very confusing.πŸ˜• I'm not quite sure as to what might've happened in that period of time that Chotu's mental state is what it is now, though It's so confusing to blame Pam because I'm seeing soo much love in her for Chotu. Maybe Balraj has a hand in this.πŸ€” Though what's really shocking is that he had Prem-Mukti flashbacks!πŸ˜†πŸ˜• So right now, i can't predict what might've happened in Chotu's past.πŸ˜•

7. What do you think will happen next? Will Chotu manage to do what his mom wants him to? Will Paro find out that Pallavi is planning murder? Will Paro and Kamal ever find out how Chotu got like this, and will he ever recover?

I hope not. I don't want Chotu to succeed in the plan Pam's made. Paro will have to find out about Pallavi's plot against her. I'm sure Kamal and Paro will be able to uncover Chotu's past and Chotu will recover. I just hope all ends well.😳

Nice DOTW Topic Vas!πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘