Hermione's Wand *Spoiler*

Eloquent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
Hi all.

I've wondered about this. Hermione loses he wand during the Malfoy Manor chapter. And her wand is taken by(i.e won over) the snatchers....
And she leaves her wand behind in Malfoy Manor and they steal Bellatrix's wand from there.

Hermione has no option but to use Bellatrix's wand...but she does is grudgingly..and she loathes the wand. She has NOT won it over and so does not own it.
In the Battle of Hogwarts, she is using Bella's wand...and at the end, she, Ginny and Luna are all battling Bellatrix.

Now, if Hermione's using Bella's own wand against her...how does the wand work???
Maybe coz Ron or Harry won over bella's wand? And it belongs, now, to neither Bella nor Hermione.

Also...did Bellatrix use Hermione's wand in that last battle??? It seems logical, since her own wand was stolen...and there's neither Ollivander nor Gregorovitch to make her a new wand...

So,if she was using it, did it weaken Bellatrix somehow? And hence she lost to Molly?
Wands are so damn confusing!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

edward_cullen thumbnail
You are right WANDS ARE CONFUSING..

i think "Maybe coz Ron or Harry won over bella's wand? And it belongs, now, to neither Bella nor Hermione."
edwardsgirl thumbnail
yes you are quite correct bcz there is no master of wand so anyone who has it can use it..... 😊
val0822 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Also not all the wands have properties like Elder Wand or Harry's Wand. Wands differ in sizes and qualities from one another.
ammmu thumbnail
Wow... Harshu, really good points yaar, and you've made me confused now 😳 😆 but in a good way!!

Hmmm... so Bellatrix mightve had Hermy's wand? Could be possible... how strange, both who hate each other have each    other's wands... hmmmm 😕 let me think somemore and i'll come back :P..
Mini786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Harshu,

You always find things like this doncha..?

This is pretty interesting, and i do agree wands are confusing...

Hmmm lets see, Do we know for sure that Hermy has Bellatrixs' wand? I mean in the chapter Malfoly's Manor, Draco picks up the wands that Harry and Ron threw on the floor, and those wands are Bellatrixs' and Wormtails, and it says that Harry had threw one of the three wands at Ron. We ofcoarse know it wasnt Draco's, but it could have been either Bellatrixs' or Wormtails.

Umm I dont remember if they mentioned about Hermoine having Bella's wand...Ummm does it? 😳

And if she is using Bella's wand...which she might b...Harry had won Bella's and Draco's wand so it makes Harry the holder...but can he have two wands? And he gave it to Hermione willingly, so if it is Harry's wand and he gives it up willingly to Hermoine, doesnt it make it hermoine's?

Im not so sure that Bella had Hermoine's wand, because in that chapter the last thing she is holding is a knife, so can someone confirm that for me, please.

Did anything i saw make sense or am i just blabbing?
😃

-Tanu-
nitin_dave thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think that u r mixing the elder wand with anyother one. I tought that only the elder wand works that way.
-Aastha
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
Its not the Elder Wand na??? Bella's wand will work for any other person maybe not as well as it will dfor Bella as the and chooses the owner but it does serve the purpose for any person.
Only the Elder Wand WILL NOT attack its aster. Other wands may be atatched to their owners but WILL work for the person using them..There is no need to WIN IT from the owner coz u cannot WIN a wand from anyone except the Elder Wand
albusdumbledore thumbnail

Originally posted by: xMarauderx

Hi all.

I've wondered about this. Hermione loses he wand during the Malfoy Manor chapter. And her wand is taken by(i.e won over) the snatchers....
And she leaves her wand behind in Malfoy Manor and they steal Bellatrix's wand from there.

Hermione has no option but to use Bellatrix's wand...but she does is grudgingly..and she loathes the wand. She has NOT won it over and so does not own it.
In the Battle of Hogwarts, she is using Bella's wand...and at the end, she, Ginny and Luna are all battling Bellatrix.

Now, if Hermione's using Bella's own wand against her...how does the wand work???
Maybe coz Ron or Harry won over bella's wand? And it belongs, now, to neither Bella nor Hermione.

Also...did Bellatrix use Hermione's wand in that last battle??? It seems logical, since her own wand was stolen...and there's neither Ollivander nor Gregorovitch to make her a new wand...

So,if she was using it, did it weaken Bellatrix somehow? And hence she lost to Molly?
Wands are so damn confusing!

Its not as confusing as it seems to be ... Ron had taken Wormtail's wand from him forcibly. Harry had used it to disarm Bellatrix, so now her wand owes its allegiance to Harry, who later gives it willingly to Hermione, Now since the Wand was won from bellatrix it won't matter if it was attacking her since she was no longer its master. and also as Ollivander said, you can use any one's wand to cast a spell (or for that matter anything to channel a wizards magic through it.), but usually the best results will be obtained from a wand that has allegiance to the wizard like the wand that selects a wizard as its owner, or a wand that has been won over by a wizard. We can see this when harry takes Hermione's wand in the forest of Dean. though he's able to produce magic from it but is not as good as he had been doing with his own wand.

And as to whether Bellatrix was using Hermione's wand or not is not known. But your assumptions are most likely to be correct, as Gregorovitch  is dead already, and Ollivander is free and under the Order's protection at the Burrow.
Maybe that played a part as to why she died.... any ways it doesn't matter to me as long as she's dead that nasty little piece of you know what.... 😛 😉

And yeah I absolutely agree wands can be confusing as well as troublesome..... 😛

Tejas
-Krupa- thumbnail
GOSH!..how do you come up with such thing!..

I also thought only the Elder Wand can't destroy the owner..

With other wands, you can cast magic, but not as good as your own naa?..I dunno..I'll need a wand of my own to see if it's true! 😆