Poll

Which entry was the best?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Dark Love thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
">
Hello Beautiful People,

It's me again😃 We have received three entries for the Dhamaka Contest. Pretty disappointing guys, we were hoping more of you would participate. Anyways, all three entries are wonderful, and we couldnt just vote ourselves, we need your votes first, and the final results will be announced once voting ends and we judge it ourselves. All right, I'm posting the entries below, vote for the best one, voting ends tomorrow night, so get the votes in soon!!

Our writers were given the following concept:

Ajit- Lower class, is currently working his way through college as an intern and works his father's shift at a late night pharmacy. Is innocent and reflective, very wise though young. Responsible and handsome. Story may be from his POV or Third person ominous or POV switching is also allowed. Concept is completely open with one exception; no repeating storylines!

Customers on The Night Of The 19th of April

Jyoti- Came in seriously panicked with a guy, who every single nobody knows was not her boyfriend. In fact, that was her best friend, Kailash. She hurriedly bought a pregnancy test and walked away what looked like, crying. What's it to me, should've been more careful. She paid for it. The pregnancy test, I mean.

Kailash- came in with Jyoti, and offered to pay for her. She cried on him. He bought a tube of Cortaid and Band-Aids. He left them on the bench outside after buying them so I suspect he only got them to divert attention away from Jyoti.

Yash- comes in every night with his under-age friends; Raghav, Anil, and Rahul to steal beer. I let them; they've jumped me a couple of times and I really rather let them take a couple hundred Rs. Worth of alcohol than making me spend thousands on hospital bills.

Rakesh- Is an acqauinance. Is one of the smartest kids in school. But this particular night came and nervously pointed to something behind the counter. Saline spray? Nope. Condoms. I was as surprised as you. He gave me his credit card and quickly left.

Sachin- The last buy of the night. Under-age once again but I can't do anything to prove his ID fake. It was very masterfully created, I must say. He buys one package of Camel cigs every day. Whatever. It's his alveoli that'll be damaged. I'm not the one getting emphysema at age 16.

Okay, so what's so special about this night 19th of April? It can be a love story, a mystery, thriller, ghost story whatever. Complete creativity. These people are related somehow. You decide how.

Entry 1:

"So Mr Ajit, would you like to clarify what happened on the night of April 19th" The rugged police officer, sat opposite me in the interoggation room in the police station, presses the record button on the stereo system ready to record my statement. I breathe deeply before beginning
"It was a normal day like any other, I did my usual routine and came into work......."

April 19th

I stood behind the checkout waiting for the usual customers to enter, and as predicted the first to enter was Yash, he stood in the corner eyeing the alcohol up, I figure no harm can be done so I turn my eyes to the door, and in comes Jyoti, she smiles and comes to the counter
"where's the paracetemol" She asks, I tell her where they are and she goes towards them, but stops as Kailash enters the shop, he rushes towards her and motions her into a corner. Probably discussing Jyoti's pregnancy, if she is pregnant, which I think she is. I turn away from them to give the some privacy, Yash is still eyeing the beer up, waiting for his cnce to sneak off with it, the door opens and Rakesh enters, he comes up to the counter and we make small talk, I feel like asking about the condoms but I hold back, after all its personal isn't it, so I look again at the door and Sachin enters, he points to  a pack of Camel cigs and I reluctantly hand them over.
Everyone seems so busy in their own lives but all had time to come to the store to get their things, I'm taking money of Sachin when the door opens again, I look up and see a masked man and think the worse, yes he's holding a gun and has it pointed at me, I hear Jyoti scream as she holds on to Kailash, Yash backs away from the beer and Sachin and Rakesh step away from the counter, I place my hands up
"hand over the money" the guy has a rough voice and I nod my head slowly and reach other for the till, thats when I hear Rakesh
"don't do it Ajit!" The masked man looks over at Rakesh and points the gun at him, Rakesh steps away, Sachin looks at me
"give him the money" Boy for such a young age, he sure did talk intelligent, I again nod my head as the masked man thrusts a bag into my hands, I frantically begin loading the bag with the money, when I catch sigt of Yash behind the masked man, no, I think, don't play hero Yash, but Yash can't hear my thoughts and lunges himself at the masked man, Sachin and Kailesh rush over to help him pin the masked man down and thats when it happens. Like a firework going off in the night, the silence erupted with a bang, a bullet goes off, Yash limps back with blood on his hands, I hear Jyoti scream Kailash's name, I look over and see Kailash and Sachin managed to pin the masked man on the floor. Rakesh whips out his cellphone and calls the police and the ambulance. Everything is silent again, Rakesh applies pressure on Yash's wound when sirens are heard, the police come in first and arrest the masked man, then the ambulance come and take Yash away. We all went outside with the police officers who requested us to come with them and give our statements

"and thats how it happened" The police officer nods his head and turns the stereo off and ushers for me to leave, I obey and leave the room, I catch sight of Jyoti, Kailash, Sachin and Rakesh also leaving the other interrogation rooms with one question on their minds "how was Yash?" We all got our answers as a police officer informs us that Yash was out of danger. We're all grateful and leave the stattion, we take a breif look at each other, we may be strangers to each other, but we were connected, with this one day that neither one of us would forget.

Entry 2:

Continued:

Jyoti entered in the public toilet with her self pregnancy test kit. She didn't have the courage to take the thing to her home. Kailash waited outside impatiently, praying silently. 2 minutes later, jyoti came out, her eyes blood shot red. She knew she should have been more careful. Tears welled up in her eyes on seeing kailash. She clutched him and cried on his shoulders bitterly as positive test trembled in her hands. Tears started flowing from kailash's eyes too as he consoled her. His love. He cupped her face and said, "I am sure he will accept it. Just go jyoti and tell him." She nodded frantically and pulled out a piece of paper from the pocket of her jeans. "I don't know wats going to happen. But if something happens to me, just give this note to sachin and tell him that his di loved him a lot."

Kailash took hold of paper wid trembling hands and saw her running away on the deserted roads maniacally.

Sachin walked on the road mindlessly, smoking a cheap cigarette as the events of 1 month before replayed in his mind. 5 min. and his life was shattered in pieces. He haven't slept peacefully 4 even once after that day. All he had been doing is smoking and drinking. It relaxed him. The moments of dizziness gave him solace.  If only that rascal yash hadn't done that to him.

Yash, his classmate and hardcore enemy since school days. It was only a month before that he had forced him to see that…that disgusting mms clip. The clip that showed his very own sister having sex with some bas****. The sister that was always a mother figure for him…who was everything 4 him after there parents passed away. How cud she do this! Yash threatened to release it on internet if he didn't agree to his demands. He agreed, to protect his sister's pride. But yes he wud never forgive her. Never ever. He hasn't talked to her in last month and he will never do it. He closed his eyes in pain and anger. Suddenly bright lights flashed on his face making him temporarily blind. When he regained composure he saw yash's jeep in front of him, with him smirking at him.

Jyoti panted heavily while beating the door of his house frantically. Finally he opened the door. Dressed in mere boxers rakesh's eyes widened in shock on seeing her. He started fidgeting awkwardly and pushed her forcefully, madly scared. Shocked jyoti caught hold of herself and stared at him in disbelief.

"What r u doing rakesh." She asked.

"u…u wat r u doin' here." he asked scratching his neck in nervousness.

"I want to tell u sumthing." She said trying to get in. she wanted to rest, she realized.

"U cannot go inside." He stopped her way.

"but y?" she asked suspiciously.

"Because I am saying so." He made a cynical face and tried to close door on her face.

Jyoti struggled and pushed him aside to barge in. convinced of sumthing fishy, she directly went to his bedroom. But wat she saw made her stop in her dead tracks. There lied a woman…covered with nothing but a black satin sheet. She figured it out. She stood there dumbfounded for few minutes. Then rubbing her eyes furiously for any tears she turned around, suddenly feeling very sick.

When she turned around, she saw something that freezed her to death. Rakesh standing there, with a knife in his hands and odd cynical smile plastered on his face. He laughed out loudly and then made a crying face. Then laughing again, he attacked her with the knife. Jyoti managed to push him hard and started running towards door blindly to save her life. But to her bad luck she clashed to a small shelf on the way. All the books and papers fell on the floor along with jyoti, one of them exactly in front of jyoti. The bold letter of the paper caught jyoti's attention. She grabbed it quickly and red the bold lettered sentence. She felt a deep dismay and fear overtaking her suddenly. She turned again and saw the lunatic smirking at her foolishly. Before he cud reach her, she gathered her full strength and pushed the fallen shelf towards him, which luckily hit on his legs and made him trip. She gathered herself for the last time and ran like she had never ran. She ran blindly on the road with full might…sensing the steps following her. Suddenly out of nowhere she collided against someone hard and fainted immediately.

Jyoti opened her eyes with lot of trouble and saw three smiling faces around her.  Ajit, kailash and sachin. Her head ached as she tried to get up and asked, "what…what happened?"

Kailash smiled and directed ajit to start up, "well wen I was returning from work tonite, u collided against me on the road with this file in ur hand. Rakesh, who was following u ran away on seeing me.  I brought u here and managed to trace out kailash. On our way we found yash and his friends beating sachin. We saved him and took those kids to police station. There we found something which shocked us and cleared everything up."

He paused and took out two papers from his pocket…photocopy of a police report and medical certificate that jyoti had found out. Ajit read the things to all of them.

Medical certificate:

This certificate hereby, proves Mr. rakesh sinha, mentally imbalanced case, suffering from psychotic disease.

Case history:

Rakesh sinha, who suffered a deep mental shock as a child after his elder brother committed suicide in front of him due to a woman, has developed an intense hatred for the fairer sex. With the intentions of ruining women so as to 'avenge' his brother's death, he was reported of destroying the life of various girls, by trapping them in his web of love and then making there nude videos, along with his partner in crime, yash verma. Mental level: exteremly high.

Police report:

Yash verma, charged of making illegal po*n mms clips along with his partner rakesh sinha, has been granted an anticipatory bal of two months.

Ajit sighed and folded the papers back. "Now, rakesh in mental asylum and yash in jail, there right place. I think I should leave now." He said and went away bidding them good bye.

Sachin came and hugged his sister, "sorry di, for being so mean...I am really sorry." Kailash looked at them admiringly. He decided what he wanted to do now. He would marry jyoti and give her and sachin a new life. Smiling to himself, he continued to admire, now crying siblings.

________________________________________________________&nbs p;       The end.

Entry 3:

Story:

Damini is a single mother and has been settled in America for 25 years. Her only son Yash is in his last year of college and has all types of habits as he believes he was born to enjoy life. His mother Damini has no time to keep an eye on him 24/7 and is happy as long as he keeps his grades upto her expectations.

Jyoti and Rakesh are Dilip's children. Dilip moved to America two years ago. Jyoti joined college a year ago and now her college is having spring vacation...  Rakesh is still in his high school. They are two years apart.

Kailash is Jyoti's best friend who came to America a year before her as his mother Avantika had a four year project in US. Kailash and Jyoti became good friends as they both belong to same city back in India and he could understand Jyoti's shy nature in new atmosphere. They have met last summer when Avantika and Dilip have met in a community party. Since both Jyoti and Kailash are in same college and have same common subjects, they had become good friends in no time.

Kailash lives in Damini's subdivision with her mother and maternal uncle's family and knows Yash for last two years. He does't like Yash's lavish living and always complains to Jyoti though he never spell his name in front of her until he came to know that Jyoti is dating Yash since last six months.

Raghav, Anil, and Rahul are Gayatri's children who live in neighbouring apartment of Jyoti. Gayatri is Damini's younger sister. Damini has sponsored Gayatri's husband for greencard and brought his family to America two years ago. Raghav, Anil, and Rahul are teenagers and studying middle and high school in 8th, 9th, 10th respectively. They are too excited to live in America and Gayatri is also eager to mingle in American style of life become rich soon as her sister, Damini.

Sachin is only son of his father who works with Damini and is settling in America now as his greencard is in final stages. Sachin is Rakesh's class mate.

Jyoti has noticed Yash one day when she is returning a bowl which her mother took for a party before Thanksgiving from Gayatri. She has fallen for Yash's dashing personality at first instance and kept peeping into Gayatri's house for his next visits.

Yash is kept visiting constantly since one year after noticing beautiful Jyoti lives in his aunt's neighbourhood. Though Gayatri is wondering at his frequent visits she is feeling happy for him helping her kids in studies.

After two weeks of constant visits Jyoti has became friend of Yash as Gayatri also has encouraged Jyoti's friendliness with her kids as she liked Jyoti's family background. She also has noticed the attraction between Yash and Jyoti and thought Jyoti would be perfect match to her nephew. She is thinking in her mind to inform Damini in future when she confirms their attraction as love.

Gayatri is keeping herself busy with group parties and kitty parties as her husband started touring nowadays and seeking help from Yash for babysitting her children. Yash is enjoying this new development as he is being attracted to Jyoti's friendship. Yash has lately started visiting Jyoti in her college and taking her out whenever he gets a chance.

All children became good friends in Christmas holiday season. Sachin also keeps coming to play with Rakesh. Jyoti and Yash became more friendlier. Yash being a rich person is taking his cousins,Jyoti, Rakesh, Sachin and Kailash to movies and having parties in Damini's house as Damini has gone on tour with her friends..Yash taught his teenager cousins to play to is tunes as they all are admired at his intelligence, age and dareness. Kailash has advised Jyoti several times to keep distance from Yash as he is noticing the closeness between Jyoti and Yash.

On January first when everyone is with their own family parties, Yash took Jyoti to one of his friends' house for a party. He convinced her to taste his closeness. Out of curiosity and her passion on Yash Jyoti surrenders herself with full consent.

In January Gayatri has joined her husband to roam the other cities keeping Yash as guardian to her children. Yash takes his cousins everyday for getting beer and cigars at late hours.

Ajeet who lives in Jyoti's apartment complex knows all the children and hates Yash for spoiling kids with his lavish spent thrift. He is not old enough to teach any of those about the bad and good habits. He concentrated on his own business.

Yash and Jyoti forwarded their relationship without thinking about consequences. Since Gayatri and her husband away from home Jyoti has started spending her time with Yash in their house whenever she comes home from college.

Jyoti noticed about her cycle of periods when she constantly started getting pain in her stomach. She first revealed her fears to Kailash as she shares everything with him first of all. He suggested about testing in home. He took to the pharmacy and showed the aisle. He bought Cortaid and band-aids while she is searching for pregnancy test kit. Both bought tem and walked out hurriedly. Kailash advised her to inform Yash first and think about next step. He assured to help her all the time till the problem is solved.

All Kids have spring vacation and Gayatri again joined her husband to spend sometime with her husband.  Yash has planned camping with all kids in spring vacation and ascertained some work and things to bring up for camping. The day to start for camping is 20th April morning.

Everyone became busy in collecting things at one place. Yash and his cousins are busy since morning in buying some groceries like bread, cheese, fruits, vegetables like bell pepper, tomatoes, wood chips, firewood, gas, barbeque grills. They have finished loading all the things in Yash's big truck. He bought his beer and other things on his own way. Yash forgot the most important things in his list and ordered Rakesh, sachin to buy them. They are scared to buy those since the shop owner knows them. And what if he tells their parents? But Yash threatened them to drop from the camping. He drove them to the pharmacy and waited in the truck after sending the kids into the pharmacy.

Everyone gathered in Gayatri's house and planned what time to start and everything. Jyoti became nervous and was waiting for a chance to talk with Yash. Sachin gave his cigar pack and Rakesh the condom pack. Yash put them in his bag and took one cigarette and walked into balcony after his three cousins slept. Sachin slept with Rakesh in his room putting alarm to get up in time. They are now nervous till Yash take them with him. Kailash reassured Jyoti and advised him to talk to Yash openly and left for home promising to meet next morning.

Jyoti slowly came out of her room and noticed Yash in his balcony and walked out of her house to him. Yash surprised to see her in that late night. "why did you come at this time? What if your parents notice? Is there anything you wanna share with me? You look so nervous, what happened?"

She slowly gathered her courage and slipped her tongue. "I missed my period. I tested and it was positive. You have to help me out. I'm scared now. What if my parents come to know about it?"

Yash dropped his cigarette from his mouth and slid down on the floor. He brushed his hair several times to suppress his tension. He was shocked as he took all care all the time. Jyoti shook her head and replied as if she was also startled with the result, "it might be a mistake somewhere?" Yash wiggled his head "Mistake? Do you know the consequences now? I can't marry you. My mother will definitely kill me. She knows my habits but she never expected these things from me at this age. I can't take you somewhere and struggle for life with you. There are many, so many things to count, house, food, money, care for kids, delivery, insurance, hospitals…oh God! Where did I end up?"He was thinking loudly as Jyoti dropping tears helplessly in front of him. "I have to think about this before it gets late. I have to talk to my friends for a known doctor. Nowhere can you go for abortion. They ask so many questions. Thanks god, you are not minor, one good thing. Think…Think…Think…oh man!!." He was getting nervous.

He stared at Jyoti "Jyoti! I can't take you with me to the camping as this is not good for you. Let's think about this after my return. I cannot cancel this program now as everyone got ready and I cannot disappoint them. Even our parents ask several questions if we cancel it now. You stay in your hostel or somewhere in friend's house for these two days."

Jyoti disappointed and felt he was trying to avoid her already. She had no option than leaving for now. She pleaded him once again to save her and left. Yash dropped her at her door and walked back to his apartment.

Next morning everyone left for camping except Jyoti. Kailash also wanted to stay back for moral support but Jyoti forced him to go with others as he was the only person who could keep an eye on Yash now, rest of others were still youngsters.

Two days went heavily for Jyoti and flew for others. Yash , Kailash and other kids enjoyed thoroughly as Yash gave full entertainment including trekking, walking trials, cooking, singing, laying, cleaning, everything without wasting a minute. Kids started loving Yash more now as he became a guide to them in this camping. Kailash also equally enjoyed with other but kept observing Yash all the time. Yash didn't spill any beans and acted as if he has no worries.

A week passed after returning from camping. Jyoti couldn't contact Yash again as his mobile was off and no one picked his home number. Kailash personally checked Damini's house and found none at home anytime. Gayatri returned the next day of their return from camping and took care of her children as normal.

Jyoti started worrying about the present situation and Kailash kept assuring her. Both didn't know what to do next. Oneday suddenly Gayatri conveyed the message in between conversation with Jyoti's mother about Yash's shifting to London to his paternal uncle's house for higher studies in medicine. Jyoti got the news from Rakesh and shocked. She cried in front of Kailash and both couldn't decide anything. Kailash lost words to assure her as he also didn't know how to proceed further. He advised Jyoti to inform the news to her parents. "If they scold you, bear it as you committed a blunder. They only could guide you. Now Yash no way take care of you. He was daring enough to go out with you but not to marry you. I too cannot save you other way. We cannot go for abortion as they ask for insurance and other matters."

Jyoti cried whole night but couldn't grab courage to inform at home. She has no other friend than Kailash. She cursed herself for not having a girlfriend to share her sorrows. Again other moment she praised for not having any more friends as this is not a great news to share. She thought whole night and losing hopes every minute passing by. She was not daring enough to face the day ahead. She decided to end her life for the mistake she committed to save her parents' prestige. She took a knife and cut her wrist and slept in her room. She prayed to forgive her sins and asked for courage to her parents to bear the loss.

Next morning the warden came to know about her and informed police. She was admitted in the hospital emergency in unconscious status and informed to her parents. Meanwhile Kailash came to know about it and rushed to the hospital. Dilip and his wife shocked to know about Jyoti's pregnancy and cried a lot. They couldn't bear the insult but prayed for Jyoti's life. Kailash couldn't inform anything about Yash as he was scared for unknown consequences. He kept silence. Jyoti came into conscious that night and cried and kept asking apologies from her parents. They asked for the boy but she couldn't reveal it as Yash escaped from scene. She started hating herself and Yash for the common sin. She thanked Kailash secretly for not revealing the truth.

Dilip and his wife decided to abort the child though Jyoti wanted to keep it.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dark Love thumbnail
55 views and only 3 votes, that too a tie? come on guys i'm not making you write, just read and vote
sabrinaa. thumbnail
heyy, i liked em but i vote for entry 2 😛
Paru6 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
all of them were fabulous 👏
but i'm gonna wid #1 😊
good job every1 😊
Dark Love thumbnail
Voting's over! lol Thanks for voting 😃