Celebrity Fan Clubs

Rani & Saif FC Contest Pg1 - Page 2

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 16 years ago
Bipasha, Priyanka, Rani & Co. - Our Fearless New Beauty Brigade!

Many journos complain about the aloof, haughty even, nature of Rani Mukherjee. And I always tell them they must be talking about someone else. The Rani I know and adore is a warm hearted, loving natured, family-oriented person who wears her affection (again for those who matter). Once again, she is bold in her choices, except that she doesn't believe in talking about it to the world or even 'leaking' info to the media like most actors like to do to get their mugs in the press. That's what is so honest and amazing about Rani.

http://movies.indiatimes.com/News__Gossip/...428,curpg-2.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spuffyfan thumbnail
thanks for the article and will post soon part one ๐Ÿ˜‰
I'd never race cars, says Saif Ali Khan

First Published: 19:05 IST(29/4/2007)
Last Updated: 18:01 IST(30/4/2007)

Though Saif Ali Khan plays a car racer in his just released Ta Ra Rum Pum, in real life he stays away from such risky sports.

"No I'd never race cars. It's one of the most popular sports in the US. But I don't think I'd even want to watch it. But my son Ibrahim loves it and would love the film. That's the beauty of Yash Raj. They know what the audience of every age wants," Saif informs.

"The film raises the bar for this kind of cinema. Binod Pradhan's cinematography is of international quality. Welcome to world-class cinema."

Refuting rumours that Siddharth Anand's Ta Ra Rum Pum is inspired by Tom Cruise in Days Of Thunder, Saif says that the only similarity between the two films is the car racing background.

"The similarities are skin deep. When Siddharth narrated the idea I said, Days Of Thunder! He told me that was a rubbish movie. The only thing in common is the car racing background."

Saif remembers some touching moments in New York.

"They sent Ibrahim a little racing outfit from there. He was really kicked. But as a sport, car racing is too dangerous. But I did get into sports cars for Ta Ra Rum Pum. We drove at around 150 mph. For one shot done by a double we drove at 200 mph.

"All the instruments were constantly crooked while your head hits the panel. It's so hot in there. No doors. It's like a metal coffin. You're walled in, strapped in, you can hardly breathe. And those car racers really want to do it. They enjoy cruising at that speed."

No joking, he's out!

Saif was all set to do a cameo in John Abraham-starrer No Smoking. But John wasn't happy about it, so Bipasha has equested Saif to opt out

Sandipan Dalal

If sources are to be believed, spurned lovers Bipasha Basu and John Abraham had a discussion of sorts at a posh Bandra salon recently. As earlier reported, John is making all the efforts to patch up with his lover, but Bips is not yet in a mood to reconcile. However, the outcome of the discussion is that Saif Ali Khan is no longer going to make a special appearance in Anurag Kashyap's No Smoking.

It was not too long ago that director Anurag Kashyap had revealed his plans of featuring Saif in a significant scene along with John in No Smoking. Even Saif had given the nod to it.

However, recently Saif begged out of the film for reasons best known to him. Kashyap had earlier told this newspaper: "Saif is going to do a special cameo role in No Smoking. It's a very significant scene and I cannot divulge too many details now. Saif has already given his commitment to our producer Kumar Mangat."

The buzz doing the rounds is that Bipasha requested Saif to step down, as John was not too keen on teaming up with Saif in the film, or having him around on the sets. Fortunately, Bipasha has not opted out of a lavish item number. She will film it later this month.

When quizzed about it Kumar Mangat feigns ignorance. He says: "I have never made a formal announcement about Saif's cameo role in No Smoking at the first place. In fact, I have been talking to Saif for another film that I intend to produce later this year."

When probed further he quickly adds: "Saif and I keep discussing a lot of things. But that doesn't mean that he is going to be in all my films."
spuffyfan thumbnail

FAMILY TIES

Characters

Saif ali Khan - Dev
Rani Mukherjee - Rhea
Vivek Oberoi - Rishi
Nasserudin Shah - Pa
Konkena Sen-Sharma - Tulsi
Reema Sen - Prezeeb

Summary: Rhea and Rishi are best friends turn lovers about to be married. But will a chance meeting with Rishi's past irrevocably change the course of the future? I suck at summaries but be warned that this is a very dark fic. Enjoy!!! And do comment via PM๐Ÿ˜›

Rhea and Rishi are best-friends turned lovers. Ever since they met at the back of Mrs Talwar's English class in their first year of secondary school, the two have been inseparable. Whilst everyone around them saw that the two were perfect for each other, it was only in the last two years that the two finally realised that their feelings for each other ran deeper than that of friends. During the two years, Rhea has graduated from Art college and has opened a small art gallery with one of her girlfriends, whilst Rishi is an up-and-coming business executive. They have even purchased their first property together and life for the two love-birds could not have been more perfect. In fact, with every waking moment their feelings for each other has grown stronger to the point that Rishi now feels he is ready to commit the rest of his life to the woman he loves. But, like in every love story, there are complications. Well in their case, one major problem that cannot be overlooked. Everytime Rishi has brought up the topic of marriage, Rhea is insistant that she will only commit to him after she has met with his family. To this Rishi could do nothing but groan. He loves Rhea to bits but at times she can be so stubborn. She seems to think that he was too embarrassed of their relationship to introduce her to his family. But that was far from the truth. How can you tell the woman you love that your family are a pack of wild animals who take to killing as a form of sport? The truth of the matter was he knew what his family was capable of, he has known ever since he was nine when they brought him to Mumbai to live with his uncle, and by God he did not want Rhea expose to their ways. He will be damned if he let that happen, but how was he to convince Rhea. She was so set in ways. This was all he could think of on his way to the gallery. How the hell was he to convince her?

"Rhea, Prince Charming is here," calls Susie, Rhea's business partner and friend, from the gallery front window. "Ooh and he seems to be carrying a huge bouquet of flowers," she adds.
At that enters Rhea, hair dishevelled and clothes in a disarray of coloured spots and imprints. It was almost as if she had just wrestled a rainbow, which had obviously bested her. To this Susie sniggers and at the same time, Rishi enters the gallery, half-hidden by the bunch of flowers. "Delivery for a Miss Rhea Prakash," he sing-songs, unmasking his face and handing over the bunch of flowers to a smiling Rhea. Noting how inseparable Rhea is with her bouquet, he frowns and teasingly adds; "And the kind gentleman doesn't even get a hug and a kiss for all his troubles." To this Rhea carefully unwraps herself from her flowers and gently places them on a nearby table. She then turns to Rishi and smirks; " Aww poor baby is feeling jealous of bunch of flowers. What are we, 12? " At Rishi's wounded puppy dog look, she flies into his arms muttering a whole heap of "Thank you's" whilst peppering kisses all over his face. Susie, who has been watching the whole exchange with keen interest now notes that the scene before her was getting a little to intimate. At this, she makes an attempt to quietly leave the two alone, but not without adding in a voice loud enough for the love birds to hear; "You two are so sickly sweet that sometimes you make me wanna barf. Oh how I wish for such barf-worthy romance." And with that she walks out of the room, leaving Rhea and Rishi in a fit of giggles. Making sure that Susie is out of earshot, Rhea turns in her lover's arms, making sure that she was facing him. Her eyes held a question and to this Rishi squirms. "What is this really about Rishi?" Unsure of himself, Rishi's gaze falls downcast and he mutters; "Can't a devoted boyfriend bring his loving girlfriend a bunch of flowers without raising a few eyebrows." To this Rhea snorts and sarcastically replies; "Right, and I wonder why my oh so thoughtful boyfriend would find the floor more appealing than the face of his loving girlfriendโ€ฆcome on Rishi don't play me for a fool, what is this really about?"

The long silence that ensued was too deafening to bear, and so Rhea disentangles herself from his warm embrace, needing to put as much distance between them. In doing so Rhea could now be able to think clearly and then it dawns. She knew exactly why he was playing the part of a thoughtful boyfriend. Ofcourse, he wanted to coax her into forgetting her desire to meet with his family, but if he thought she was that easy to subdue he had clearly mistaken. Rhea Prakash was a woman firmly set on her ways, in the end she always gets what she want.

"So are you trying to bribe me?" At the sound of her voice, Rishi's head snaps up, he could now clearly see the anger that was jarring her beautiful face. Her beautiful hazel eyes glistened with unshed tears. It was at that very moment that he finally made up his mind. Hell be damned he would take her to see his family. "Okay," his whisper was barely audible but Rhea heard him. *Is he agreeing to what I think he is agreeing too?* Still she needed to be sure and so she asks; "Okay, what?"

"I will take you to meet them," was his response. At his words, Rhea's mouth split into an open, ear-to-ear, toothy grin. She felt elated, speechless even and so to show her appreciation did the only thing she could - ran at lightening speed and seized him in a bear hug. Rishi on the other hand was facing a raging battle in his head. As a whole, he was sure he had made the right decision. After all Rhea's happiness was all that mattered to him. Yet there still a nagging voice at the back of his mind telling him he had made the biggest mistake of his life, and so when Rhea hugged him he welcomed the hug as a cool release from his thoughts. For now, Rhea's happiness was proof enough that he had made the right decision.

To be continued - In part 2, first impressions are always important. Dev and Rhea meet.

Edited by spuffyfan - 16 years ago
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww u have gr8 writing skills OMG it's so interesting
spuffyfan thumbnail
thanku hun...I havent finish posting part one yet though still writing it ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
spuffyfan thumbnail
fary Part one is now trully completed...please read ๐Ÿ˜Š
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww amazing hasi ๐Ÿ‘ totally in love with it
spuffyfan thumbnail
thank u hun...glad u like it...hopefully Part 2 will be ready by tomorrow...it will be longer than part 1 but we finally get to meet Dev...wonder what Rhea will think of him and him her ๐Ÿ˜†