"DARD ka rishta" KYPH ff END pg 35

bheegi thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Hi guys, I dug out one of my first ff's I had ever written. It is called "DARD KA RISHTA" based on a medical story. It is short, I hope you like it. 😊

Hi everyone

PART 1

DEAN's OFFICE at BOSE MEDICAL INSTITUTE, MUMBAI

"Ms Kripa Sharma….hmmm….. aapki mark sheets aur recommendations tho kaafi impressive hain. You are fortunate that we have an opening for a 3 rd year medical student. You are probably aware, how difficult it is to get admission to our medical program. Hamara attrition rate bhi bahut low hai, you are lucky ki abhi ek student 3 rd year chodd kar gayi hai. Welcome aboard, Ms Sharma. Dr Karthik Pandey, aapko orient kar dengey, unka office room 103 mein hai" Dr Dilip Bose, Dean and chief of surgery at the Institute got up and shook her hands. Kripa smiled and thanked him for his graciousness and left.

Kripa's dad had just got transferred from Delhi to Mumbai. Kripa was a medical student in Delhi but her parents insisted that she move with them as they had found out about this opening at the Bose Medical Institute (BMI). BMI was a prestigious private medical college with one of the best surgery centers in India. In fact, some of its surgeons were renowned for their work world over.

Dr. Dilip Bose's grandfather had started this institute 50 years ago and their family had churned out some of the best physicians in the country. Dilip was married to Naina Bose, a former hospital nurse but now a fulltime housewife and socialite. They had 2 children, Prithvi and Mishti Bose. Prithvi had inherited his ancestor's zest for medicine and was a final year student. He wanted to pursue a career in cardiac surgery. His twin sister, Mishti, also a final year student was at the Institute due to her high profile connections. She was more interested in gossiping and flirting with the interns and residents. She had finally latched onto another final year student, Angad Khanna, who was the brightest of the lot and was touted to be a future chief of surgery due to his talent. He was brought up in a modest family environment but was grateful to the Bose family for giving him an opportunity to study at their institute on a scholarship. His goal was to become a famous Neurosurgeon, just like the current head of Neurosurgery, Dr. Mani, who was a world-renowned surgeon and had operated upon some of the biggest celebrities in the world.

Angad helped Mishti with her assignments and projects and practically gave her exams every semester. Somehow, all the professors and attendings ignored Mishti's ignorance and lack of aptitude for medicine, and let Angad help her out during patient rounds, exams and assignments. Angad did not mind that, as he earned a favorable status with the Dean of the Institute for helping out his darling daughter. The rest of the medical college recognized Angad as Mishti's boyfriend as Mishti flaunted him to everyone. Angad could care less, as he was very focused on building his career and making the right moves to attain a position in the coveted Neurosurgery program at the BMI. He hung out with his group of friends and had become a little arrogant lately, as the constant praise from colleagues and attendings had gotten to his head it seemed.

PATIENT ROUNDS ON SURGICAL FLOOR:

A number of medical students in their white coats, with PDAs in their hands were standing around a patient bed with an attending, who was explaining something about the patient.

"Sorry to interrupt, Dr Gupta. Can I introduce a new 3 rd year student to all of you" Dr Karthik Pandey was standing with a petite, fair girl in her early 20s.

"Sure, Dr Pandey. Please come and join us….Ms…….?"

"Ms Kripa Sharma" she said politely

Kripa stood in one corner after nodding a friendly "hi" to the other students. There were 6-7 students, some 3 rd, 4th and final year students. She noticed two tall students whisper something in each other's ears and giggled. She ignored them and tried to pay attention to Dr. Gupta.

Kripa, being a bright student surprised everyone, including Dr Gupta with her prompt answers and understanding of that particular case. She overheard the 2 men students say, "arre, yaar. Yeh tho phataka lagti hai….lagta hai iski kasske ragging karni padhegi"

"Haan, bahut impression jamaa rahi hai pehle hi din. Rounds ke baad isse dekh lenge"

Kripa frowned at the last comment and went and stood next to a friendly looking girl, whose badge said, "Aaliyah Kapoor." She wondered why the two men students did not have a badge.

After the rounds were over, Kripa introduced herself again to 2 of the women students.

"My name is Aaliyah, and this is Harshini. Welcome Kripa. Aao hamaare saath cafeteria chalo."

"Tehroh. Yeh pehle hamaare saath jaayegi kyonki hum seniors hain" said one of the 2 tall men.

"Shabbir please rehney do. She is officially a 3 rd year, no ragging wagging, OK" Harshini tried to defend Kripa.

"Isska decision hum lete hain, juniors nahin, samjhi!" the other tall but darker guy with a booming voice said.

"Sure, main aap logo ke saath chalne ko tayyar hoon" said Kripa coming forward.

"Wow, bahut himmatwali hai" winked the tall fair guy.

"Aap logon ko main kya address kar ke bulaoon? Aap log badge tho pehente nahin hai." Kripa looked fearlessly into the tall dark man's eyes.

"Humein yahan sab jaante hain….chahe wo dean ho ya chapraasi….GOT IT! Anyways, Mera naam Angad Khanna hai….yaad rakhna….never try to act too smart with me. OK!" Kripa returned his cold stare and thought, "itni arrogance tho president Bush mein bhi nahin hogi"

"I am Shabbir Aggarwal" the fair man said. He seemed a little mellower than Angad thought Kripa as she walked with them towards the cafeteria.

……to be continued…

Edited by bheegi - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kIrAn...E>GA<3 thumbnail
oooooooh, interesting. theyre mean for doin all dis ragging jank....but kripa is so brave. i wouldve ran.

great part, cont soon!!!!

<3 kiran
E> GA <3
insia12 thumbnail
ooo thatz random...that u hav started another ff after finishing DJ!!!awsome as all of yours other ff!!!cont sooon
bheegi thumbnail

Originally posted by: me_iq

ooo thatz random...that u hav started another ff after finishing DJ!!!awsome as all of yours other ff!!!cont sooon

this is an old ff...already written long time ago, i am just posting it here for the first time 😊
amber0802 thumbnail
wow Bheegi..Mind blowing....Dude I guess u got much in ur small brain to store all this..lol..ur genius not only in writing but in creating new ideas too. Well Keep it up..hopefully I will be commenting regularly...! byez!!
berkeleygirl818 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
ahhh, i am excited!!! i LOVE ur FF's, they r awesum, i am sure i will love
this one too, infact i love it already, lol... it is sooo cool, nd different!!!
Angad is sooo arrogant, gosh... i hope they dont do something bad to
Kripa... i like how confident she is... anywho, CANNOT wait to read the
next prt... continue soon, like asap!!! 😛
ashwini_k thumbnail
happy to read ur new FF, every time u come with new ideas, keep it on.
waiting 4 ur next part eagerly, so update quick .
cheeselova thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

yay! i'm so happy u started another ff. it's really interesting. awesome part

_________
Sana

DREAM BIG ACHIEVE BIG

Edited by iamsmart - 16 years ago
bugs_bunny thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
ooo. interesting start!! 👏 👏

angad arrogant??-- do we know him any other way? 😆 well...kripa will set him straight hopefully!

and kripa storng independent-- like it! 👏

i hope this is overall a happy story...coz the title suggests otherwise! 😆

and yeah.. cant wait for the next part!! 😛

bheegi thumbnail
Thanks everyone. AK inspire me like no one ever has. That is why I have all these ideas in my head- thank AK and thank KYPH 😆 😆

I never write stories with sad endings, so don't worry the end will be happy even if the journey has 'dard' in it. Kripa is and always be a confident and independent girl in all my ffs. Angad...arrogant...ofcourse!! 😆