Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

a5abeegirl389 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
I completely agree with Alka Yagnik. Sumitra's third overall performance, "Aao Na, Gale la ga lo na" by Asha ji was TERRIBLE! And with the exception of Alka, the judges gave her good marks! What was up with that.

On another note:
      Each judge got to chose 4 contestants that they wanted to hear again, right? Well, Alka listened to the other judges choices, so it is only fair that she gets her turn as well. The other judges should give her the respect that she gave them. It's called common Courtesy!!!

P.S. Which one of Toshi's performances were weak? I can't recall any...
1st- "Piya re, Piya re"--Excellent performnace
2nd- "Lage Tum se mann ki lagan (paap)"--fantastic
3rd- Mohd. Rafi's "Din dhal jaye"--couldn't touch Rafi (but who can??? Rafi sahib is a legend for a reason!!!), but he did very well.
All 3 songs of his were consistently strong. He made his place in the final 12, and if he were to be recalled, he would prove himself again.
anonmember thumbnail
I think Alka was referring to Priyani. Its possible that Priyani sang before Vipul in the actual shooting. When Alka said "suron se samjhauta ho raha hain", she could have been referring to the high points the other judges gave Priyani for chalo chal mitwa. But in the aired episode, they showed Vipul's performance first.
Well, thats my theory. 😕
Bhaskar.T thumbnail

Originally posted by: a5abeegirl389

P.S. Which one of Toshi's performances were weak? I can't recall any...
1st- "Piya re, Piya re"--Excellent performnace

Agreed... but thats the only one....

2nd- "Lage Tum se mann ki lagan (paap)"--fantastic

He was singing at low scale and faltered at the lowest notes of the song. Listen to it again you will notice, just at the starting itself he has failed.

3rd- Mohd. Rafi's "Din dhal jaye"--couldn't touch Rafi (but who can??? Rafi sahib is a legend for a reason!!!), but he did very well.

He was technically perfect but he turned a sad song into a happy one. This is one point that the judges took into consideration while eliminating or giving less marks to few other contestants. So why not for Toshi?

All 3 songs of his were consistently strong. He made his place in the final 12, and if he were to be recalled, he would prove himself again.

*Jaya* thumbnail

Originally posted by: sonyaee

I think Alka was referring to Priyani. Its possible that Priyani sang before Vipul in the actual shooting. When Alka said "suron se samjhauta ho raha hain", she could have been referring to the high points the other judges gave Priyani for chalo chal mitwa. But in the aired episode, they showed Vipul's performance first.
Well, thats my theory. 😕

Very good point Sonya, and I agree.. I was actually surprised that Alka did not say anything to the 9s that all the judges gave to Priyani on her weak Saturday performance... But now I can correlate... Yes, the order may have been changed!

kktk thumbnail
Well she is always against the female singers...but that's not the point.

If everyone got to name their choices....she should have her choice too.