prettyw0man?¿? thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Party season for the Chopras
10 Jul 2007 - 20 Views - Gilda
There are twin reasons for Priyanka Chopra's family to rejoice. This week, both she and her kid brother Siddharth turn a year older.

"Yes, it's party time for us. My brother Siddharth celebrates his birthday on July 12, while my birthday falls on July 18," says the actress.
So is there a joint celebration for the Chopra siblings in the offing?

"I'd love to," exults the doting didi. "But Siddharth wants to bring in his 18th birthday in a big way with his friends. So Siddharth will have a party of his own."

The surprise bash at the Chopra abode would be the one Priyanka is planning on her own birthday for the first time.

First time
"That's true. I've never had any kind of party ever since I came into this industry. Friends keep teasing me about it, but I'm not a party person. Believe it or not, I'm shy of crowds. Also, the past few years have hardly given me reasons to feel like celebrating," Priyanka's voice gets distant as she recalls her father's serious illness.

Perking up, she says, "Yeah I'm having a birthday party for the first time. Not a huge one, just 40-50 close friends and family. That's all."

Getting reflective, she says, "I can't believe how much time has passed. I'm suddenly feeling very old! Seriously. Professionally I've no reason to complain."

Happy days again
At home we've gone through some turbulent times. Hopefully we're out of it," says Priyanka who will be seen in Goldie Behl's Drona.

About the film, she says, "It is a FX spectacle done in the comic-strip mould, with Abhishek Bachchan playing a bespectacled nerd in the US. I play Abhishek's bodyguard. It's a real kickass role, and a first of its kind since we've never had the leading lady 'protecting' the hero, unless we remember Hemaji in those hunterwaali movies like Jyoti , where she looked after the hero.

My entire look in Drona is very virile and aggressive."