'DON'T JUDGE...KYPH FF p33 (end)pg 31

Posted: 16 years ago
Hi Guys...this is an old ff of mine (written 6 months ago) called "DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER" It is not very long, I hope u like it:

[SIZE=7>PART 1:

HEATHROW AIRPORT, LONDON:

An air India flight had just landed from Mumbai. Two young men arrived on this plane for a 14 day vacation in London.

They are waiting to clear customs and immigration

"Yaar, Prithvi…..yahan London mein suna hai Punjabi khana bahut achcha milta hai…."

"Angad! Tu India sey itni door sirf khana khane aaya hai…..aisa hi tha tho wahin reh jaata…."

"Prithvi, kya baat karta hai…..khali pait ghumna-firna kaise karr saktey hain?….food first then tourism!"

"Angad, let me re phrase that for you….food first….. then girls….then pubs….then may be in sab cheezon se time mila tho London darshan ho jaayengey…."

"EXZACTLY!" Angad said and they both started laughing

Angad Khanna and Prithvi Bose were childhhood friends. They had both lived together with each other since 11 years of age. Angad was an orphan, when Dilip Bose, Prithvi's dad adopted him. Since then, the two boys had done everything together. They both just graduated from IIM-Ahmedabad with a MBA degree. Dilip Bose had gifted them a trip to London as their graduation gift. Dilip's wife was deceased, so his world revolved around the two boys. Dilip was a retired high court judge and spent most of his time gardening or reading his books. Recently, he had been offered a contract to write a book for law students. He readily agreed, and that is why could not accompany the boys to London.

Angad was the more outspoken and bratty of the two. He was street smart and a complete charmer. It was rare to see him without a girl in his arms, whether it was school, college or now the real world.

Prithvi was the shy one; he let Angad do most of the talking and interaction with other people. Prithvi loved to write poetry and was a good singer too. Prithvi had never dated any girls yet. Angad made fun of him, "Prithvi, looks like you will die a virgin!….learn to have fun man!" Prithvi ignored most of Angad's outrageous comments as he knew Angad was good at heart and if need be, would sacrifice his life for Prithvi.

Angad was indebted to the Bose's for adopting and giving him the opportunity to get a good education. He still remembered how Dilip Bose had rescued him from the Juvenile court and taken him to his house. The only memory of his own family was that his dad was always drunk and abused his mom. Angad had run away from home at the age of 8 years and gotten involved in criminal activities like stealing, pick pocketing, and cheating people. A few months later, after he ran away, he heard that his father had died of liquor poisoning and mother had committed suicide soon afterwards. Angad's battle with the law continued after his parent's death till one day, he was rescued by the kind hearted Dilip bose. Angad was initially introduced into the Bose family to help out as part-time domestic help and attend school simultaneously.

Prithvi and Angad had a tough time bonding. They were poles apart in their personalities and outlook towards life, but that is what probably brought them close to each other. The turning point in their relationship was the death of Prithvi's mother, when he was only 12. Prithvi had a major breakdown after her death; he even became violent and abusive towards others. No one had ever seen Prithvi like that before-he was the perfect, obedient son that every one was envious of.

Angad, who had experienced worse things in life, helped Prithvi deal with that crisis. Dilip realized that Angad was a strong person from inside and would be a good influence on Prithvi in the long run. Since then, he treated both the boys equally and helped pay for all their education in the best of schools. Dilip Bose adopted Angad legally, as his son. Angad refused to change his last name, though.

"Chachaji, main jab tak Khanna surname se juda rahoonga, I will always remember where I came from and I never won't to forget what I was!" He even called Dilip "chachaji," as his memories of his dad were all negative, and he would rather address Dilip without remembering his alcoholic and abusive father.

Angad had a sharp brain and it did not take him time to catch up to Prithvi's level. They both went into engineering and then completed their MBA from one of the most prestigious business schools in India.

After clearing immigration, they were waiting for their bags to arrive at the baggage claim. Angad was getting restless; he hated waiting in lines, "main zara ghoom karr aata hoon…zara yahan ka real estate check karr ke aata hoon….."

Prithvi smiled, "matlab ladkiyan check karne ja raha hai?"

"I would like to get a headstart….you know I don't like to waste time in these matters"

Angad roamed around for a while and then came back. He found Prithvi staring at a girl across the baggage claim carousel. She was struggling to free her bag from one of the edges of the carousel.

Angad snapped his fingers, "Hello…hello…kahan kho gaye?"

"Wo…kuch nahin…"

"OH….lagta hai uska bag phans gaya hai…..kahan ki hogi yeh ladki?"

"Mujhey kya pata?….Indian lagti hai….yahin rehti hogi London mein"

"Naa…I think London ghoomney aayai hai" Angad said as he checked her out from top to bottom.

"Kapdon se tho yahin ki lagti hai….you know….look at the way she is dressed" Prithvi retorted

"Yaar, kapdey tho aaj kal India ki ladkiyan bhi sabsey modern pehnthi hai…gaye wo salwar kameez ke din…chal aisa kartey hein poonch karr aatey hain…..."

"Nahin…yaar…rehney de" Prithvi said shyly

"C'mon man….OK 100 rupees….or rather 10 pounds ki shart" Angad said and walked towards the girl, who was still struggling to free her bag.

"Let me help you…." Angad intervened and pulled out her bag from the carousal

'Thanks…." The girl said

"Mention not….parr yeh bataayie….aap kahan ki hain?"

"What?   Aap se matlab?" she sounded a little annoyed at the stranger's over friendliness

"Wo…mera dost….wo jo wahan khada hai…" Angad pointed towards Prithvi, who was trying his best, to hide his face from embarrassment, "uski aur meri 10 pounds ki shart lagi hai…wo kehta hai aap London mein rehne wali hain aur main kehta hoon aap India mein hi rehti hain aur yahan ghoomney aayi hain….that's the only reason I ask"

The girl could not help smiling at this stranger's frankness, "well, main Mumbai mein rehti hoon, yahan ghoomney aayi hoon…..mere dad bhi aaye hain mere saath…wo cart lene gaye hain….thanks…nice to meet you….."

"Ek minute….ek minute, mere dost se bhi mil lee jiye….I would like him to know that I have won the bet.."

Angad gestured Prithvi to join them. Prithvi was reassured when he saw that the girl was still standing there and was not ready to kill them.

"Yeh….Prithvi Bose hai…mera sab sey achcha dost….actually mera bhai hai…ladkiyon se bahut darta hai…." Angad introduced Prithvi.

'Hello…..aap Angad ki baton mein mat aayie….yeh tho aise hi bak-bak karta hai…."

"Main bak-bak karta hoon?….OK insey poonch lee jiye ki shart kaun jeeta hai?" Angad pointed towards the girl, who could not help smiling at the interaction between the 2 friends.

"Prithviji, aapkey dost shart jeet gaye hain…."

Prithvi looked at Angad, "wo tho jeet ni hi thi…."

"Kyon?" Angad asked innocently

"Kyonki….ladkiyon ke maamley mein tu zyada experienced hai…." Prithvi replied shyly

"Waise….aap ko kaise pata chala?" the girl asked curiously

"Seedhi si baat hai…..London ki ladkiyan zyada workout wagarah karti hain tho unkey muscles zyada strong hotey hain….hamari Hindustani ladkiyan zara naazuk hoti hain….tabhi aap bag nahin utha saki…"

The girl's facial expression changed from a friendly smile to a cold stare, "Bye…Mr Angad and Prithvi…..NICE TO MEET YOU BOTH …good luck with your 10 pounds!!…." She stomped off.

"Arre….miss…apna naam tho bata te jaaiye…" Angad called from behind

"Angad…tu bhi….kya soch raho hogi wo?" Prithvi pulled Angad back

"why are you so worried about her, Prithvi? Sochney de jo sochna hai…..let's go ….hamare bags aa rahey hain…."

….to be continued…

Edited by bheegi - 16 years ago
aare wah, another FF frm u, then it will be intresting .so carry on.

coool new FF frm u
i was thinking wht happened to your other FF..cos u alwasy update 2 FFs 😆

plz do hv a chapter index 😃
if nt i might lose few parts
Thanks Ash, Deeya and Ashwini

I will try to update this one more frequently as it is already written. I will make a chapter index too...thanks for the suggestion Ash 😊
i'm so happy u started another fanfic 👏 👏
gr8 part

any ways continue soon.

mittal 😛 😛 😛
nice start continue soon 👏 👏 👏
haha, dat waz funny. i lyke da prithvi-angad combo so far...its very different. kripa is funny too 😆 ur up for a good start. can u please put a little less hindi in there tho. it takes a really long time to read and its pretty difficult. ur da writer so its up to u, but i juss had dat as a request...please and thank you.

oh yeah, how could i forget?! continue soon! 👏

<3 kiran
E> GA <3
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately, I cannot change the script of this ff as it has already been written a long time ago. Sorry Kiran

[SIZE=7>PART 2:

Angad and Prithvi checked into their hotel soon after leaving the airport. It was a nice sunny day in London and they both wanted to take advantage of the weather and go sightseeing.

Prithvi looked over at all the brochures, "Angad….yeh bataa….pehley kahan chaley?"

Angad was busy flipping channels on the TV, "jahan tu le jaayega wahan chaloonga……bas pait ko khane ke liye kuch mil jaaye aur aankhon ko sunder kudiyan mil jaayen….."

"Yaar kabhi tho serious ho jaaya kar……bataa Eye of London aaj chalein ya phir river cruise kar lein, ya pehle museums chalein…ya palaces….??"

"Prithvi, why can't you make some decisions….sab kuch mujh sey hi poonchta hai…" Angad was annoyed as he was busy checking out the playboy channel, "yaar…apney cable waale sey kuch aise channel bhi lene chahiye…."

Prithvi got up and turned the TV off,"yeh le apna jacket…let's go now!" he said firmly

"OK…OK….ab liya na kuch decision tuney…..pata nahin shaadi kaise karega….biwi bhi mujhey hi select karni padhegi tere liye…."

Angad and Prithvi decided to start their tour of London with a cruise on River Thames. That way they would have an overview of the city.

They boarded the ferry and settled down on the rear side of the boat, with their camera and binoculars.

"Photos tho tu hi le, Prithvi…..I will check out the horizons with my binoculars….." Angad handed the bulky camera to Prithvi. Angad did not have the patience to mess around with the camera- Prithvi was more organized and more artistic-he was usually the cameraman when they went on vacations.

As Angad surveyed the "horizons," Prithvi asked him, "Angad…tu bahar ki scenery kyon nahin dekh raha…..yeh ferry ke logon parr hi kyon focus karr raha hai?"

"Prithvi…..you won't believe, what I just saw….." Angad said excitedly

"Kya….Buckingham palace dikh raha hai yahan se?"

"Nahin…..wo baggage claim wali ladki…..she is on the same ferry….dekh bilkul aagey khadi hai…saath mein ek budha bhi hai…."

"ANGAD!…leave her alone…."

"Why are you so protective about her? Main ussey khaa thode hi jaaoonga…chal let's go and say HI"

"ANGAD! Tu bhi…." Prithvi followed him like a lamb.

"Hello, Uncle! My name is Angad Khanna. I am from Mumbai" Angad purposely ignored the "baggage claim" girl and talked to the elderly gentleman with her. Prithvi had his eyes buried in the ground but stole glances at the girl every so often.

"Hello…..how are you?" the elderly gentleman shook hands with Angad

"I am fine sir, in sey miliye….yeh mera bhai Prithvi Bose hai…." Prithvi extended his hand to shake hands.

"Bhai? Yeh Bose aur tum Khanna?" the elderly gentleman was puzzled

"Oh…uncle….hamara rishta hi kuch aisa hai….kabhi fursat mein samjhaaunga…" Angad said as he put his arm around Prithvi.

"Well, nice to meet you young men….mera naam Suryabhan Sharma hai, retired high court judge from Jaipur, parr ab Mumbai mein hi rehta hoon….and this is my daughter…." Suryabhan pointed towards the girl standing next to him.

"OH….we know her…Miss Baggage claim!" Angad laughed and winked at the girl

Suryabhan started laughing too, "what a coincidence….it means we all came by the same flight too….she is my only daughter and my only reason to live, KRIPA!" he hugged his daughter.

"Hello….Kripa" Angad said enthusiastically. Kripa answered curtly, "Hi…..thanks for helping me with the bags again" she lowered her eyes as she could feel Angad's eyes staring her down. She wanted to clarify to her dad, that she knew them as acquaintances only, as they had helped her with her bags.

Prithvi stood there quietly admiring Kripa's beauty. She was dressed in a skirt and a sleeveless top with a scarf on her neck. Her shoes and purse were well coordinated with her outfit. Kripa turned around and started looking outside at the river and the city of London.

Prithvi finally spoke, "Uncle aap ney kaha high court judge? Mere papa bhi retired judge hain…parr wo Mumbai mein hi posted the"

"Kya naam bataaya unka?" Suryabhan was curious

"Dilip Bose, uncle" Prithvi said
"OH….Dilip….hum dono ek hi college mein the…in fact I was junior to him….we have even met at some law conferences in recent years….what a small world?" Suryabhan was pleased to meet the young men and shook their hands again.

Kripa, with her shades on, was busy admiring the city of London, she had no interest in the two men, especially the over-talkative, over-friendly man. Somehow she felt a little uncomfortable when his piercing gaze fell on her. The other man seemed nice and polite, perhaps she could become friends with him, if needed she thought.

"Papa….wo dekhiye London Eye…..why don't we go there next"

"What a coincidence! Hum log bhi wahin jaa rahey the…"Angad butted in

Prithvi gave him a stare and whispered in his ears, "Angad….we are?"

"Now we are…." Angad whispered back.

Suryabhan was delighted. These two men were well educated, appeared single and were from a good family…..what else could he ask for?…..may be one of them would be a suitable boy for his princess?

Kripa was not too thrilled when she heard that they were all going to the same destination.

As they waited in line for tickets, Angad kept them all entertained with his jokes and outrageous comments. Kripa noticed that his gaze wandered around whenever he saw young good-looking woman pass by. Kripa kept her distance from him, as she was not sure about his intentions. She preferred to talk to Prithvi, who just answered in monosyllables with his eyes to the ground.

Kripa tried to engage Prithvi in a conversation, "aap kaam kartey hain kahin, ya abhi college mein hain?"

Before Prithvi could answer, Angad replied, "hum dono abhi IIM sey graduate kiye hain….ab wapas jaakar job-wob dhoondengey….aap kya karti hain?"

Kripa rolled her eyes and said, "Maine fashion designing ka course abhi poora kiya hai…..main apni boutique kholney ki soch rahi hoon…."

Suryabhan intervened, "Kripa ke designs tho college mein hi bahut popular ho gaye the….she had many offers from designers to join them, but she prefers to start something on her own. She also sings on the radio sometimes…." He was beaming as he proudly talked about her achievements.

"Papa….please!!" Kripa looked embarrassed.

Angad decided to leave Kripa alone with Prithvi, as he could sense her irritation. He started whistling and checked out a woman in the neighboring aisle. Kripa could not help notice where Angad's eyes were wandering. She thought, "what a cheapster?….kisi ladki ko nahin chhodta….parr main kyon bother ho rahi hoon?….he has not said or done anything to me….why does he have that affect on me?"

They finally boarded one of the capsules of the London Eye. As they were entering the capsule, Angad accidentally placed his hand over Kripa's, which was resting on one of the railings. As soon as his hand touched hers, she felt like she had been struck by lightening….she looked up at him…..he was staring at her but soon realized what had happened….he took his hand away and said, "I am sorry…..did not see where I was going…" he smiled and looked outside the window.

Kripa moved away and stood next to her dad for rest of the journey on the famous wheel. Angad had his binoculars on during most of the trip, Prithvi was busy clicking pictures, Suryabhan enjoyed the London skyline, Kripa tried to focus on the scenery but felt distracted, and kept stealing glances with the handsome tall man with the binoculars….

…..to be continued….
oh that sly Angad 😳 He is such a flirt...aww cute how kripa is falling for him 😊