Nivedita B 2 handle soap story-Article

preet_2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

The United Soaps of America!

< content=07/03/2007 name=date>

Ekta Kapoor is set to expand Balaji Telefilms by opening an office in the US and plans to produce soaps in English

Back to Section Stories Posted On Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Mail this Article Print this Article Search
View Comments Rate this Article Comments

Ranjib Mazumdar and Sandipan Dalal

Ekta Kapoor

Ekta Kapoor is expanding the operations of her home production company, Balaji Telefilms Ltd. After a successful stint in Dubai, Colombo and more recently in Jakarta, the soap-queen is in a hurry to open offices in the United States. Apart from generating more desi shows for the local Indian viewers, Kapoor has plans of producing soaps in English. Sources close to Balaji Telefilms indicate that tie-ups with American production houses cannot be ruled out.

Kapoor is keen on doubling the assets of her production house (which is estimated at 817 crores) and command a worldwide viewership. Her popular shows Kasamh Se and Kayamath were recently, shot in Turkey. In an earlier interview Kapoor had confessed that she's thinking about using opportunities in foreign markets. She says, "We get frequent offers of shooting in foreign locales. Tourism departments of various countries keep inviting us. It not only facilitates a better exposure for us but also ensures a visual treat for our viewers."

A reliable source from the production house says, "We are looking at a massive expansion. All our efforts have gone down well with the audiences in Dubai. We will have new shows for the American viewers too. If all goes well, we will have an independent office in the United States."

Kapoor, who has been heading the creative division of the production house in the country, will now give away her duties and responsibilities to confidant and deputy creative director Nivedita Basu. However, this has not gone down well with other loyal members of the creative team who have been working for the company. Kapoor has showered praises on Basu in the past. She had told this paper, "I want Nivi (Nivedita Basu) to take care of the soaps running here. She will have the last say in matters of stories and screenplays. My mum will continue to be the MD and CEO." 

Source: www.mumbaimirror.com

preet😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bugs_bunny thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

thanks!! english soaps?? wow!

am not sure what to make of the news! will other soaps be butchered too with Basu incharge?

Edited by bugs_bunny - 16 years ago
Lord-Mangeshwar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing this great article Preet! πŸ‘πŸΌ

Looks like Ekta ji is more than happy with the work done by Nivedita ji... hence the promotion for her.

I wish the Balaji group of companies all the very best in all their ventures πŸ‘πŸΌ

God bless.
SIKinLoVE thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
tfs.. mayi shows in english?? wow improvement and more success πŸ‘πŸΌ

wat exactly does it mean when it says.. NB lady 2 "handle" soap story.. d way she's handing KS??? πŸ€” im sorry im just concerned for the future viewers of those 'english' shows
.:Megha:. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Thanks for sharing this article Preet! πŸ‘πŸΌ Looks like Ekta is more than happy with the work done by Nivedita. Good luck tothe Balaji group of companies all the very best in all their ventures πŸ‘πŸΌ

WOW!!! English soaps? That'll be exiciting 😳

preet_2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Guys I am scared as with what Nivideta Basu will do with all these soaps.BT seems to have a scary future ahead of themeselves.I am so glad I let go all other BT soaps,except KS.which with its recent track will be gone soon as well.

preet 😳
InduD thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
With NB lady writing the story, i really wish BT good luck...poor ekta, what is she trying to with BT...poor girl, she worked so hard for it and now she is handing it to NB lady...i mean of ALL ppl, NB lady...πŸ˜•

Good Luck to BT...
majumdar thumbnail
Becharey Goron ka bera gark ho jayega. 😭

Rgds,

Pri
putturani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ouch. Looks like Kekta wants to take revenge for racism and colonization.
πŸ˜†
mary poppins thumbnail
NB has spoilt KZK and now KS . she loves making her women lead cry all the time and making them mahaan while the men are all turned into wimps. God alone knows what is in store for future