URGENT: Script, advertizing issues

rocker1 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Since yesterday, I'm having a problem where a warning box appears and says that the script on this site is slowing down my IE, and I should close it. Ultimately, after a few such messages (on almost every page), IE freezes, and I have to end it and restart. 

Also, I'm constantly getting a 'Congratulations, you have been selected to receive a Free Ipod Nano' audio message on almost every page. This is a message I usually get on other free websites, and it's quite irritating. I hope it hasn't started on IF now. Others have also experienced such ads. I have pop-up blocker so I'm not getting pop-ups, but other people are.

Has IF signed up with advertisers to give us these messages?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kiran. thumbnail

I am facing the exact same prob😭
I thought I was the only one getting these messages

Vijay, please do something.😭

P.S.  Shady, I am changing the subject of your post so Vijay responds soon.

yes... and i hadn't abort that script so it's now sitting on my desktop... need help w/ deleting it...i mean i can delete it from the desktop... but it's copy is somewhere else too... so where is that at? how do i find it? what do i do? where do i go? why did it happen? When did it happen? lolzzzz... would appreciate the help...thanks
vijay thumbnail
Hi,

Thanks for bringing this to my knowledge.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We were trying out a new advertising network and it was in the fine tuning process.

Have asked the network to remove sending all such ads and till they do it we are stopping them on our site.

Cheers,
Vijay
But i hadn't abort that script at first so now i have couple scripts on my desktop... i can delete those... but isn't there always another copy somewhere else... i need help to find that and delete it... it's slowing down my computer.
Kiran. thumbnail
@Vijay.
Thanks a lot for the reply.
But I am still facing the same problem 😕
advil thumbnail

Vijay,

on every page, a pop up apppears telling that some script is slowing down the IE and abort it to save the comp from going non responsive. but aborting it also is making it non responsive.

How long will this persist ?