To use buttons instead of hyperlinks

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago
Hi everyone,

I just want to know whether we can use buttons in our posts instead of hyperlinks to link various pages from say for example-Archive mansion.

Buttons will look much better and also we can colour them according to the type.

I would be grateful if someone from the technical team can clarify.

Many thanks in advance

Hello everyone,

Can anyone kindly suggest something?

I will forward the idea to Vijay๐Ÿ˜ณ.....lets see what he has to say.๐Ÿ˜›

Originally posted by Kimi_dost

I will forward the idea to Vijay๐Ÿ˜ณ.....lets see what he has to say.๐Ÿ˜›

Thank you very much Kimi_dost.
I am really waiting for someone to respond
Well, I waited for quite some time and finally I managed to find the solution myself and I have created for my section a archive mansion where buttons are inserted which lead to various monthly archived updates.

If anyone wants to have a look, they may please go this archive mansion here and give their comments --

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=606579

Originally posted by dasa1

If anyone wants to have a look, they may please go this archive mansion here and give their comments --

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/606579

Great work๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
It looks very organized.

How did you do that?๐Ÿ˜ณ

Originally posted by Kimi_dost

Great work๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
It looks very organized.

How did you do that?๐Ÿ˜ณ

Thanks kimi_dost.

What you need is to first create a button from any free site available. There are plenty of sites you can get for that.

After  creating the desired button,save it as a image in your pc and then upload it to any server like for example imageshack.

The link from imageshack comes in 2 parts --1st part refers to imageshack URL and the 2nd part is the actual image.

Now  if we want a particular I/F page to open on clicking the button, then copy that page URL into the 1st part URL as mentioned before.

Now your link is ready to paste in your post and you can see that when the button is clicked, it opens out the page that you want.

If any doubts are there, I am ready to clarify.

wow....good work buddy......you rock...

Hope Vijay will see this...and respond

Thanks kimi_dost.

What you need is to first create a button from any free site available. There are plenty of sites you can get for that.

After  creating the desired button,save it as a image in your pc and then upload it to any server like for example imageshack.

The link from imageshack comes in 2 parts --1st part refers to imageshack URL and the 2nd part is the actual image.

Now  if we want a particular I/F page to open on clicking the button, then copy that page URL into the 1st part URL as mentioned before.

Now your link is ready to paste in your post and you can see that when the button is clicked, it opens out the page that you want.

wow great !!๐Ÿ‘

Thanks kimi_dost.

So its just like the siggys we put with links?๐Ÿ˜ณ

Well...Vijay is really busy with other stuff right now........hopefully, he'll be able to look at these suggestions soon.๐Ÿ˜›.......give him some time as he has many other things to look after๐Ÿ˜›