Mona Singh was desperate to act!

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago
Mona Singh was desperate to act!

The model turned actress admits that she was enamoured by the glam world.

AKASH WADHWA

You have seen her in a simple salwar kameez with braces and huge glasses perched on her nose. You have also seen her walking the ramp. She's the makeover queen of Indian television who made her debut with a serial which was totally hat ke. She is none other than Mona Singh aka Jassi of one of the most talked about show on Indian television β€” Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi!

ACTRESS BY CHOICE OR BY CHANCE?

"It was not that I became an actress by chance. I was always charmed by the glamour world. I was so desperate for acting that when I met Deeya and Tony, I asked them to consider me for any role. I had really liked their show Banegi Apni Baat and after giving 10 auditions I was selected for the role of Jassi.
AS JASSI, HOW DID YOU HIDE YOUR TRUE IDENTITY? 

"I never went to any party for a year or so. I also kept away from them because I had to work 20 hours a day and 30 days a month. Moreover, it was the production house that made proper arrangements for keeping me away from the media. They used to change my car daily in order to hide me from everyone."

HOW DIFFERENT IS MONA SINGH FROM JASSI?

"Well, frankly speaking Mona Singh and Jasmeet Walia are not all different from each other. Rather, they are identical. But yes, one thing that Jassi had and Mona never had before the show was Jassi's never say die attitude."

JHALAK DIKHLAJA .........
   "After Jassi, I wanted to break that image and do something different from what I had done earlier. As an actress we need to be versatile and the dance show did help in showing me in another light. Now people also know Mona Singh as a dancer. I never thought that I could win Jhalak Dikhlaja. I still think Shweta (Salve) is a brilliant dancer."

ARE TV ACTRESSES' CAREERS SHORTLIVED?

"This was the trend in the industry some time back β€” once an actress played the lead role in a serial it was difficult for her to be accepted in another lead role. However, I think Smriti Irani has changed the trend completely as she is playing the lead in three different soaps."

FUTURE PROJECTS

"Right now I'm doing a reality makeover show. It is a very different show, as we will be doing the makeovers of persons who have given up hopes. For instance, we have an acid attack victim. I also plan to model for some of my favourite designers like Neeta Lulla."

Edited by Manoj_Tina fan - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blyton thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks. I'm glad Mona still acknowledges Shveta's dancing abilities. πŸ‘
Waiting eagerly for her reality show. 😊
laddoo598 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
When will EM start? Wasn't it supposed to start in April?
Anyway thanks for sharing 😊
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: laddoo598

When will EM start? Wasn't it supposed to start in April?
Anyway thanks for sharing 😊

Tanny we have to wait for KO to open his MM...he will probably tell us  when he is asked about MS's work.

He seems to be the only one talking these days...πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

laddoo598 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Dimdim

Tanny we have to wait for KO to open his MM...he will probably tell us  when he is asked about MS's work.

He seems to be the only one talking these days...πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Use Antakshari se fursat mile toh kahega nah kuchπŸ˜‘πŸ˜†

jasmin thumbnail
it's good that she's doing a variety...good for longevity...
Showbizz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
FUTURE PROJECTS
    ?Right now I?m doing a reality makeover show. It is a very different show, as we will be doing the makeovers of persons who have given up hopes. For instance, we have an acid attack victim. I also plan to model for some of my favourite designers like Neeta Lulla.?

Wow that really admirable . I wish India comes up with more such shows where common people are helped 😊
Cheers