LRL: My Cadet FINISHED on page 41

andreamcl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Hi everyone, this is the first time I'm trying writing a story here. I've been reading all the great stories here and thought I might try writing one of my own while we wait for the new season of LRL! It's going to be a Raj-Naina fic about how they might end up getting together. The first part starts when Raj was put into solitary confinement, to set the scene a little! I'll be writing mainly in english as I'm not that great at writing in Hindi. So here we go:

21 hours to go and he'd already run out of things to distract himself with. For the first two hours he'd been so angry with Major Bharghav that he hadn't been able to think about anything else. An hour had been spent cursing him, and another hour thinking of what he'd like to do to him if he ever got him alone. It was around the two hour mark that he couldn't ignore the thoughts that kept coming into his head anymore. What was happening to Naina right now? Was she under suspicion, or did the rest of the cadets accept it was an accident? Would her friends stand by her now when she needed them the most? One thing was for certain, if she was in trouble because of him, he'd never forgive himself or that damn Bharghav…

It was when four hours had passed that he started replaying everything that had happened in his mind.

"Aur cadet Singh to mere protg hai, main uski mentor hoon, to…it's so, funny…"

What a god damned stupid reason to say. Honestly, couldn't he have thought of anything better than that? He'd managed to find good reasons why he couldn't be in love with either Dr Shalini or Pooja, but for Naina…only a reason that he SHOULDN'T be in love with her.  And truthfully he shouldn't be in love with her, not now, not ever. And there were many reasons more than her just being his cadet. No, he wasn't in love with her, no, he definitely wasn't. No, no, no, no, not in love and not with Naina Singh Ahluwalia. He just hadn't been able to think of a good reason why he wouldn't be…

Five hours and he was beginning to go crazy. He didn't want to be in this room, where he had no idea what was happening outside. Was Naina okay? Was she thinking about him? No, wait, it didn't matter if she was thinking about him, it was better if she thought about herself and how to save herself from this mess. Whatever happened, whatever he needed to do, he'd make sure nothing happened to her and that she could fulfil her mission, at whatever cost to himself…

He can't stop thinking of her. Only six hours have passed, with 18 to go, and Naina won't get out of his head.  Her smile, her laugh, the trust in her eyes when she would look at him. Their conversations together, and their moments together they replay over and over again. He tries to think of something else but still can't get her out of her head so he turns to exercise to distract himself.

Ten pushups go by before he starts thinking about her, and before he can stop himself she's all he can think about again. He remembers the way she felt when he hugged her after he'd told her of her brother's death, how soft she'd been in his arms, how warm…he pushes himself harder to try and stop the thoughts coming but it only makes it worse, until finally…

"Nahi! Yeh sach nai hai, main Naina se Pyaar ne karta…" he gets up, trying to convince himself that there's nothing in his heart "Aisi nahi ho sakta, joot hai yeh!" but when he looked in the mirror, his eyes told him otherwise. "Joot hai yeh!" he screamed, wanting it to be so, wanting to smash the truth that was so clear to him along with the mirror. Until he heard a voice…

"Kya joot hai Raj?" and Navin's ghost sat before him.

Navin was gone, and Raj wasn't sure if he had hallucinated him or whether the ghost had really paid him a visit. But nothing could change the fact that he'd realised…he loved Naina Singh Ahluwalia. He shouldn't love her, he really shouldn't, but he just couldn't stop himself. 'You'll only ruin her', he tells himself 'Nobody will ever forgive you for this', but it didn't matter because he could not rip the love out of his heart like he wished he could.

He loved her. He didn't know when and where it had happened, but it had, and now he had to deal with it. Twelve hours gone and still twelve to go, and he couldn't get Naina 'ah' Singh out of his head.

'Yes they're smiling at you right now' he tells himself 'they respect you as their daughter's mentor. But if they really knew what lay in your heart, what thoughts run through your head about their daughter, and more precisely what it was that you'd like to do to with her, then they'd be slapping you instead.'

-----

So here's the list of further chapters which I'll change every update:

Ch 2 on pg 2

Ch 3 on pg 4

Ch 4 on page 5

Ch 5 on page 5

Ch 6 on page 6

Ch 7 on page 7

Ch 8 on page 7

Ch 9 on page 8

Ch 10 on page 9

Ch 11 on page 9

Ch 12 on page 11

Ch 13 on page 12

Ch 14 + 15 on page 13

Ch 16 on page 14
Ch 17 + 18 on page 15

Ch 19 on page 16

Ch 20 + 21 on page 17

Ch 22 on page 18

Ch 23 + 24 on page 19

Ch 25 on page 20

Ch 26 on page 21

Ch 27 + 28 on page 22

Ch 29 + 30 on page 24

Ch 31 on page 25

Ch 32 on page 26

Ch 33 on page 27

Ch 34 + 35 on page 28

Ch 36 on page 29

Ch 37 on page 30
Ch 38 on page 31
Ch 39 on page 32

Ch 40 on page 33
Ch 41 on page 34
Ch 42 + 43 on page 36

Ch 44 and 45 on page 37

Ch 46 on page 38

Ch 47 + 48 on page 39

Ch 49 on page 40

Ch 50 and epilogue on page 41

Edited by andreamcl - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pinka28 thumbnail
hi andreamcl
i am the first one. i must you are good writer. you concept and the starting point of ficis perfect. but tell you the truth you need to improve . as you ptraying the feeling of charachter. uptill you just interoduced the RAJ charachter but you didn't potray his feeling too well.

sorry if i hurt you and plz do post next part as soon as possible. i am waiting

mehvishrainbow2 thumbnail
nice story and do read my both story and also comment on it too.one called Masty-Fan Fiction and Tera Liye and here is link of both story

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=520680

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=109450

miss_neha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome ff..... excellent 1st part..... u hav to continue... cnt wiat to read more of this ff!!!!! 👏
yoginisahakari thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hey

very good start
😛 😊 😉
good presentation 👏

Tas thumbnail
hey i jst loved ur fanfic.i think this is ur first attempt and it was really worth a applause.pls continue soon.
HPmaniac thumbnail
I like ur ff....plz continue.. 😊
andreamcl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Soooo sorry for the long delay I would like to blame my university and my workplace as neither are giving me any time to write properly! But hopefully I will have another part for you before the weekend! This is the last bit that will be setting it up, and next part we'll be getting on to the real beginning of the story! Yay! So let me know if you like it, because if I get more replies, I'll write faster, hehehe

"And Captain Rajveer is with me"

Those words haunted him even now when he was possibly about to die.

God knows he had tried to stop loving her. He had thought that after she told him she didn't love him it would become easier, but it just became worse. Dreaming of her he would wake up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat. Instead of being thankful that she didn't love him, he started thinking of how he could make her love him.

But the eyes of the entire academy were on them, and the only reason they weren't under suspicion was because Dr Mishra had saved them.

He tried to behave normally with Naina again, but it was difficult when he knew everyone was watching them. It was even more difficult when he couldn't keep his own damn heart under control.

He was sure that Dr Shalini had guessed the truth, but she was doing her best to pretend that she didn't know. Dr Shalini knew that Raj's feelings for Naina would be disastrous, so she was trying to convince him to accept Dr Mishra, even as his own heart was breaking. While he tried to ignore his feelings for Naina he had to deal with Huda trying to win her over, and Dr Mishra trying to convince him of her love. It was almost too much for him to bear.

Finally it was the 26th of January and he faced his biggest test of all, to sit with her parents and pretend that everything was normal. It was easy enough at first, he just had to introduce himself. But then Naina smiled at him and it did funny things to his inside. Even while he smiled back and her parents smiled at him he couldn't stop the guilt that was building up inside him.

'Yes they're smiling at you right now' he told himself 'they respect you as their daughter's mentor. But if they really knew what lay in your heart, what thoughts run through your head about their daughter, and more precisely what it was that you'd like to do to with her, then they'd be slapping you instead.' He was almost glad when Dr Mishra arrived, and Naina's mother left the room hurriedly, just so that he could leave them before he broke under the pressure of trying to pretend he wasn't doing anything wrong.

Then he had heard the words.

"And Captain Rajveer is with me".

There was so much trust in them, she knew that he'd never leave her, that he'd fight with her until the very end. But how could he when what he really wanted would ruin her life?

How could he support her when if she knew the truth about him, she'd never want to see his face again.

And now it had come to that, Naina knew the truth about him, that he'd killed her brother. And she hated him, he was sure of it. In the end she hadn't shot him as she'd chosen to put the mission first, but he knew that she'd wanted to and he didn't blame her.

The bullet from Dr Mishra hadn't stopped them from taking the triggers to safety and once the rest of the cadets had arrived they had been able to do so. Now Dr Mishra had been taken into custody and he was about to be taken to hospital but he didn't know if it would be too late or not.

He had lost a lot of blood and he was having trouble keeping his eyes open, he felt like he was going delirious.

As they loaded him into the ambulance he called out suddenly, "Wait, please, I want to talk to Naina first."
She came to him reluctantly, with a look on her face that said she'd rather be somewhere far away from him but she bent down to hear his words anyway.

"Naina," he whispered "I'm so sorry, I should've told you before now but I didn't want to lose you…I…" he stops himself before it's too late, it's better if she doesn't know.

"Naina I know I can't expect you too but I hope you'll forgive me one day. Believe me that I never wanted to kill Navin, it'll haunt me for the rest of my life. But if you forgive me then I might be able to gain some peace."

He sees Alekh watching them, his face is blank but Raj is sure that he understands. Alekh has always said little and understood much.

She is silent, and a hundred emotions cross her face in one second. The medics continue loading him into the ambulance.

Finally Naina speaks. "Sir," she says "It'll take me some time."

They shut the ambulance doors and he can no longer see her, but Raj can't stop himself from giving a small sigh of relief. He can wait.

Preview:

"I've forgiven you, sir, but I don't know if we'll ever be as close as we were again. I've lost my trust in you and I don't know how I'll get it back".

He would've gladly died to regain her trust, so what was the harm in sacrificing his one chance of happiness for it?
fabremixed thumbnail
Hey. cool part. you've wonderfully summarized the synopsis of the story till present. awesum part. cont soon.
yoginisahakari thumbnail
hey great job

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
GGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Good presentation and you deserve a 👏

great work keep it up

pl post the next soon