Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

munyr123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by: kiran_a

Asoka had several wives. His first wife was the daughter of a merchant of Vedisagiri, whom he met when stopping at the merchant's house on his way to Ujjeni (Mhv.xiii.8ff). Her name was Dev, also called Vedisa-Mahdev, and she was a Skiyan, descended from a Skiyan family who migrated to Vedisa to escape from Viddabha (Mbv., pp.98, 116). Of Dev were born a son Mahinda, and a daughter Sanghamitt, who became the wife of Aggibrahm and mother of Sumana. Dev evidently did not follow Asoka to Ptaliputta, for his aggamahes (chief-queen) there was Asandhamitt (Mhv.v.85). Asandhamitt died in the thirtieth year of Asoka's reign, and four years later he raised Tissarakkh to the rank of queen. Mhv.xx.1-3. The Allahabad Pillar Inscription mentions another queen, Kruvk, mother of Tivara. The Divy. (chap. xxvii.) gives another, Padmvat, Kunla's mother. Besides the children mentioned above, names of others are given: Jalauka, Crumat (Mookherji. p.9).

Asoka had more than 1 wive

Thats good information...Thanks for sharing.
munyr123 thumbnail
Edited by munyr123 - 15 years ago
munyr123 thumbnail
Originally posted by: sankla

I am going to try and help clear a few issues firstly prithviraj raso was written by 2 people chand bardai and jalhan bardai( one of his 10 children and chands favirote child) it is up to 10 000 verses long. Secondly he had only one wife and had only one son kola chauhan but after prithvi commited sucide his son swore loyalty to ghauri (modern day afghanistan king)

Thats good information. But can you please give reference or source of the information. Thanks πŸ˜›
munyr123 thumbnail
Originally posted by: meghaparti

Well there are different versions some say that PRC had 1 wife some say that he had 7 wives!! Well it's hard to decide as there are different versions stating different facts & we are in the 22nd century & not 11th century ...If we were we would have known the exact facts...so it's no point arguing on this issue whether he had 1 or 7 wives!!!

Thats true. No matter how much we argue or debate it will remain mystery as different books state different facts.
maria-83 thumbnail

Agreed with you munyr123 on this aspect of PRC's Life!!

yahhhhhh i also don't belive on that prithviraj had 7 wives but different versions have own views , even 

according some books sanyogita was not wife of prthvi , and According Book (The HISTORY and culture of the Indian people) by R. C. Majumdar  according this book marriage of prithvi and sanyogita was fake.

and πŸ˜•

According book  Prithviraj_ Vijaya prithvi wife name was Tillotama (he had one wife)

=

=

Edited by nicemali - 15 years ago
Originally posted by: nicemali

yahhhhhh i also don't belive on that prithviraj had 7 wives but different versions have own views , even 

according some books sanyogita was not wife of prthvi , and According Book (The HISTORY and culture of the Indian people) by R. C. Majumdar  according this book marriage of prithvi and sanyogita was fake.

and πŸ˜•

According book  Prithviraj_ Vijaya prithvi wife name was Tillotama (he had one wife)

=

=

Thanks a lot lot dearπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ. Its reallyπŸ˜•πŸ˜•
meghaparti thumbnail
Originally posted by: nicemali

and πŸ˜•

=

=

Thanks for the information DearπŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒ
mad-about-Rajat thumbnail
I agree with u Megha that therez no point discussing this ...because many historians and scholars have different versions regarding PRC's life.....many even say that Sanyo never married PRC at all coz d only eveidence if their wedding is the raso.......also we never know that maybe Ghori may have distorted some facts written in the raso n changed what had truly happenned......there are many questions.....but personally i dun beleive any of this n go by what Sagars said......that PRC had only ONE wife!!
meghaparti thumbnail
Originally posted by: mad-about-Rajat

I agree with u Megha that therez no point discussing this ...because many historians and scholars have different versions regarding PRC's life.....many even say that Sanyo never married PRC at all coz d only eveidence if their wedding is the raso.......also we never know that maybe Ghori may have distorted some facts written in the raso n changed what had truly happenned......there are many questions.....but personally i dun beleive any of this n go by what Sagars said......that PRC had only ONE wife!!

Thanks! Dear for agreeing to my point of view!πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Yeah u are absolutely right it's better we go by sagar' version...afterall they have researched for 10 years which is no small span of time!!πŸ˜†
mad-about-Rajat thumbnail

Thanks! Dear for agreeing to my point of view!πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Yeah u are absolutely right it's better we go by sagar' version...afterall they have researched for 10 years which is no small span of time!!πŸ˜†

Me too agree with that.....Sagars reasearched for 10 years and they are veterans in this field...they must have carefully analysed the different aspects in his life.....i'd like to beleive that PRC had only one wife i.e. his ONLY love - Sanyogita!😳