Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kaleidoscope thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Success finally!

Rajeev Khandelwal.
HE CALLS himself the black sheep of the family. Now riding high on the success of his role as Sujal in the tele-soap "Kahiin To Hoga" on Star Plus, he says, when he first told his father, an Army officer, that he wanted to be an actor, his father could not believe his words. Striving for years together, first in Delhi and then in Mumbai, Jaipur-born Rajeev Khandelwal himself could not believe it when he finally tasted success through this Balaji Telefilm production after many a slip. "I struggled in Delhi to get noticed. I ended up doing a few plays. Nothing more. Finally, I had to migrate to Mumbai. There too, running from pillar to post, I almost thought I had lost it till one day I went for a screen test to the Balaji studios for the serial. I could not believe that I bagged the lead role of Sujal," says this 27-year-old chemistry graduate. Calling Sujal's character as "human", Rajeev calls it the usual love triangle, but "very passionate and intense." In his effort to get noticed, he says, he started doing advertisements. Subsequently, though, he tried his hand at production, which proved to be his financial undoing. He even lost his car in the process. "When I became tired of waiting for a role to come my way, I started making documentary films for Doordarshan. But what turned out to be a financial disaster was a pilot project I shot for Star Plus. It got rejected, and I lost all the money," he recalls. After making his debut in a small role in the first story of the series "Kya Hadsa Kya Haqeekat" on Sony TV, Rajeev's real success landed up in the form of Sujal. "Now people recognise me on the street. My parents are pointed out in a crowd as Sujal's parents. They have finally come to terms that I shall never be an armyman like my brother," he says.

In New Delhi recently to inaugurate a shopping mall in Pashim Vihar, Rajeev says people were pushing and jostling to shake hands with him. "I perhaps enjoy it more than others because I know I have worked hard for it," he says.

Courtsey: The Hindu

Edited by chocolate - 19 years ago
kaleidoscope thumbnail

Aamna to turn on the heat
The mosquitoes know whom to bite and where to bite. Like men, even they are crazy about beauties. Recently, Aamna Shariff was down with malaria. But bechari sunder ladki could take only two or three days off from her hectic schedule of Kahiin To Hoga. Reason? The shooting for the wedding week was round the corner and she was naturally supposed to be present on every occasion. Now for the breathtaking part. Mausiji (Nim Sood) had designed six special costumes for this special beauty for the six different occasions that culminate into the wedding. You can bet your last penny that she will look hot in all six. As for us, we can't wait.

Courtsey:Telly Chakkar

Cheeni thumbnail

RAJEEV KHANDELWAL
Me on myself: The guy next door.

Me's hot because: I think it's all about the character I play. It's
because Sujal is the way I am today. If I am looking smart on the
screen that means Sujal is supposed to look killing in that frame. And
if Sujal is looking intense that means I have to be equally intense. I
think it is the packaging that gels well. I know I don't have those
killing looks. If my looks were so killing, I would have girls
approaching me the very same day I appeared on the screen for the
first time. It is with the passage of time that I have developed this
huge female fan following and some males like me too. I am thrilled to
bits by this fame.

Rating as an actor: On a scale of 10, it's 5.5.

Fan's response: There are so many different kind of responses! Can I
kiss you, let me pleeeaase hug you. These are some of the expressions
from teen queens or even college-going girls. I cannot believe that I
have now such a big dedicated and wonderful fan following. I have to
confess that TV is great when it comes to instant appeal and it works
like a great motivator for me to come true to all these crazy fans and
all their wonderful expectations.

My future: I see myself shinning bright in the future. I have made it
big and I'm committed to making it even bigger. The key for me is to
focus, work hard and ensure that it all works out for me not just in
terms of fan following and success but also in terms of having
creative satisfaction. I am sure that as t e l ev i s i o n evolves we
will get even more d ive r s e roles to play.

This article is from times of india new paper.

He is one in crores and still calls himself the guy next door.

Edited by Cheeni - 19 years ago
Cheeni thumbnail

Jodi No.1 in Pak serial?
Hot from the oven! Petite beauty Aamna Shariff and handsome hunk Rajeev Khandelwal have been approached for a Pakistani TV serial, as yet untitled, which will require them to be together for 20 days in Malaysia, sometime early next year. The serial, that will also feature Pak star Humayun Saeed will be produced by Saeed himself . No prizes for guessing that two males and one female in the principal cast spells a love triangle. Seems, Aamna who starred in Saeed's Ana- The Ego as well, has a become a favourite in the Saeed camp!

kesha thumbnail
''It's 'Sujal only' for me,'' says Rajiv

By: Prerana Thakurdesai

September 29, 2004

After Rajiv Khandelwal's (better known as Sujal Garewal of Kahin To Hoga) acting career took off a year ago, one expected to spot him in every other soap as a lover, son or son-in-law. But he defied these predictions and stuck to being "Sujal only" for more than a year.

If one is to judge by the parameters of small screen, Rajiv comes across as someone who lacks the killer instinct. But speak to him and he gives a completely new perspective of focusing all his energies towards just one role.

"I don't want to lose my exclusivity in the serial," he says, adding, "Now that the show is popular I have to weigh my options." Rajiv says that it's every actor's dream to act in films and that he is no different. "I want to act in films not just because my character is successful, but because I want to nourish my dreams of acting in films."

His creative instincts led him to television stardom that most actors would kill for today. A documentary film director and writer of yesteryears is now the Sujal Garewal of many homes.

For Rajiv Khandelwal life hasn't changed much since he became a TV star. "The medium is the same so is the language, just that my creativity is applied in a different form," comments the actor about his shift from documentary films to acting.

Rajiv's dream role would be that of Amitabh Bachchan's in Shakti. "His character is so human in the film with varied shades.

You actually empathise with a negative character." Apart from that Rajiv would love to play a typical Bollywood type role like that of Shah Rukh Khan in Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge.

Rajiv feels that even though TV is a smaller medium it is not easy being successful for too long. "It's a struggle to win adulation for a role, but it's a bigger struggle to maintain it," he elaborates.

And what about female adulation? "It's always great to be appreciated, but adulation from the fairer sex is the icing on the cake," exclaims the Film city Road resident. 

Even after staying in Mumbai for over a year, Rajiv says he hasn't warmed up to the city yet. He says, "Previously I used to keep going back to Delhi where I used to work, since I couldn't stand Mumbai."

However, he says he is making an effort to like the city. "Now that Mumbai has accepted me it's time I do the same," he adds.

Source: mid-dayEdited by kesha - 19 years ago
Who-I-Used-2-Be thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

ARTICLE ON SUJAL AND KASHISH:    ( read it on the same group)

"From Must Foes to Just Friends "

The jodi no1 on TV - Sujal - Kashish ... are all set to tie the
knot.Neha Mehta catches up with the duo to get to know the duo behind the screen.

Rajeev 'Sujal' Khandelwal is on a roll. He was shooting till five in
the morning, and after a smart haircut and catnap at his spanking new flat, he is about to zip off to the sets again in his Hyundai Accent, to do what he likes doing best - marrying his best buddy

Aamna 'Kashish' Shariff!
His voice crackles from his handsfree set as he drives but it can
scarcely contain his excitement over the "wedding of all TV
weddings." And though he insists that he "remains the same guy who was kicked out of home because of his obsession with the glam world," life has certainly changed for Rajeev. Women throw themselves at him and he thinks twice before answering his incessantly ringing cell. So when the eyecandy tells you that he doesn't think he looks good, you are more than a tad surprised.  Is he like the brooding Sujal he plays? "No, I am a happy-go-lucky guy. I am as passionate as Sujal but would have given up the chase if my girl married another guy." But are him and Aamna an item? "No, it's a rumour spread by the media. But I don't blame the media - after all, we were voted the Jodi No1." 
The way to his heart, he says, is through green vegetables! "Take me to a farm, or bring me fresh vegetables. And you have all my attention." He has done up his new house in red and black, and "would rather invest on good upholstery than cars and bikes."

But 'Sujal' follows him everywhere. Even when he was called in by Yash Chopra's office. Though he was Sujaled around, he is still waiting to see if his visit fructifies into a project. But the one things he is certain about is, "I want to do something that will
take Sujal off your mind."

* It's been a year since Aamna Shariff became a household name, but the 22-year-old is still learning to cope with her celebrityhood.

It's not the letters written in blood that bother this half-Arab
Bandraite as much as her fawning fans, who have forced her to keep a bodyguard and miss out on what she likes doing most - shopping.
Considering that she almost never made it to tinseltown, her's is an incredible success story. She's already bought a big house and a Corolla and is a living legend for giving the Indian woman a glamourous face on TV. The girl who keeps us up late on weekdays, has her own poster girl: dhak dhak Diksh*t. "I grew up dancing to Madhuri's numbers. But I belong to a conservative Muslim family and never thought I could do films. Things changed after I did ad-films and music videos, though it took me a year to convince my mother to let me star in my first ad-film!" Kahin... breezed into her life at 20, and there's been no looking back eversince.

Is Aamna like Kashish? "I am as soft-hearted and family-oriented as
her. But I wouldn't let go of my first love." Though she gets calls
from all over the world beseeching her to marry Rajiv, she claims her darrrling is her Persian cat Coco. She had "ego-problems" with her dishy co-star Sujal, but now is "best of friends" with him.

Marriage is a strict no-no for another five years, after which she
will happily give all to home, hearth and hubby. So, is it going to
be Bollywood ho now? "No, I will have to wait for Kahin...to wrap up, and then sit at home for a few months so that Kashish gets out of everybody's head!" But will she do a choli ke peeche? "If the director is good," she shoots back. Quite clearly, Aamna Madhuri Dixit banna chahti hai.

Love Meter 8 /10  ...

Rajeev Khandelwal - Ammna is a ver lovable girl, very mature for her
age and a great friend.All the guys must be cursing me for acting
with her.But i am not seeing her.If i was , i would talk about it:
who wouldnt want to flaunt a girl like her in his arms?

Aamna Shariff - Rajeev and i are the best of friends.But we had a
huge ego problems and didnt talk to each other for the first six
months on the sets. I broke the ice by inviting him for my birthday
party in July last year but now we"best friends".

There were three photographs - one of Rajeev in yellow a shirt, one
of Aamna and the third one is of Sujal and Kashish in their wedding
finery.

(THIS ARTICLE SOUNDS A BIT EXAGERATED,IN MY OPINION)

Born Lucky - from the Pioneer.....About Rajeev

Born Lucky!

It's party time for Rajeev (Sujal) Khandelwal of Kahin to Hoga.After his onscreen marriage with Kashish, his birthday bash this saturday gave him more than a reason to feel on cloud nine.!

None other than Jodhpur's Maharaj Gaj singh Invited the dishy star and his family to felicitate his success.This wasn't the only moment to savour.Rajeev's fans world wide took out a book for him. Titled 16th October, 2004.A Product of Great People Magazine, it consists of over 2,000 letters and good wishes for him. Besides, he was flooded with gifts from all over... laughing buddhas, suggestive wall hangings, letter pads with his face plastered all over them...

Rajeev feels he " cant thank them enough" and as a gesture of
appreciation wrote an article for them, to be published next month in Great People Magazine.

From the day Rajeev celebrated his birthday in dilli Haat with just a pastry in hand, it has been a stunning journey. so much so that Aamna(kashish) who disliked him earlier was upset that her onscreen hubby and off screen best buddy wasn't in town to celebrate the big day with her. But she gifted him a watch well in advance - perhaps to strap him up.😉

(source:sg group)

Edited by simplyvivacious - 19 years ago

When 29-year old aspiring actor Rajeev Khandelwal (Sujal Garewal of Kahiin Toh Hoga) came to Mumbai from Jaipur with a suitcase full of dreams, little did he know that he would soon become a teenage heartthrob.

Before stepping onto the small screen, this chemistry graduate was a documentary filmmaker and writer.  Excerpts from a chat with one of small screen's big stars...

Childhood dream
Though I love writing I had always wanted to be an actor. In Delhi there was not much scope to realise my dream, so I was writing and making documentaries. I am not someone to sit and let life pass me by. I kept myself occupied and waited for the right break

First break
Kahiin Toh Hoga. It was an open audition. I auditioned amongst 500 others and was selected. It was quite tough initially, as I had no clue about acting. I am a normal actor, not a great one.

Since I know direction I knew exactly what the director wants, but performing in front of and behind the camera are two different things. But I worked hard, lived and breathed the character on and off the sets, and slowly it started working.

On being a heartthrob
It's unbelievable! I still can't digest that I am one. I feel like I am living in a bubble that will soon burst. But I take it with a pinch of salt. It's my character that's working, that's all. In college I would get excited about girls, and now it's just the opposite.

Comparison to Kakka
I have been told that I remind people of Rajesh Khanna. On the sets they tell me jokingly that I am imitating him. But I don't, not even sub-consciously. I would be flattered if I can generate the kind of hysteria he did in the 70's but apart from that, I want to be myself.

Sujal and I
Sujal and I are two totally different people. There is just one similarity: we are both very passionate about whatever we do. I am an ordinary, simple, boy-next-door who has some attitude in life. I haven't changed with success, the people around me have. Yes, I am a very romantic person — the candlelight dinner type.

More serials
I want to concentrate on doing just one serial at a time. I cannot do more than one character at the same time, at least right now. I have been here for just a year, give me some time.  I have been getting lots of offers. But I don't want to do B-grade films. All that I am being offered are Sujal extensions. I want to do something bigger.

Co-star Aamna Sharif
I don't have a girlfriend. Aamna (Kashish in Kahiin Toh Hoga) is a wonderful person and a good friend, that's it. When I went to some dandiya events, everyone kept asking me the same question: when am I getting married. It got embarrassing.

Marriage
Not for the next two years. I can't think of marriage right now. I want to focus on my career. I can't afford a girlfriend right now — I have no time!

Ideal woman
A pretty woman outside and inside. I want someone who will give me space. One look at my eyes and she should understand what I am feeling.

vijay thumbnail
Akshat is Sujal's step-brother!

BY VICKEY LALWANI

When one of the most happening serials on TV starts dragging, you know it's time to infuse some action into the proceedings.

And who knows the strategy of the sudden twist in the tale better than the empress of soap herself? After dallying for a few weeks while the Sujal-Kashish wedding pulled Kahiin To Hoga's TRPs down, Ekta and her scriptwriters are in overdrive.

Just in case you think that she's going to zero in on Piyush's killer and make Sujal and Kashish quickly unite, think again!

We have it on authority, Akshat's (Chaitanya) mother Anju Mahendroo will turn out to be Chetan Garewal's (Deepak Parasher) first love. Whether CG married her or not, why they parted ways, and the rest of it, is all still to be decided.

But the drama that unfolds now is that CG has not two sons, but four - Sujal, Rishi, Akshat and Akshat's elder bro who is yet to make an entry. Last heard, Armaan Kohli (Raj Kumar Kohli's son) was being considered for that role.

So expect hi-fi tension in the Garewal household in the next few weeks.

Maybe now you know why CG was never able to shower much love on the second woman in his life (Sujal's mom).

Kashish's miscalculated revenge on Sujal can wait, or it may continue to happen, but on the sidelines.

Welcome to the fore, Parasher. You never got your due in Hindi cinema. You deserve some limelight now.

Cheeni thumbnail

'Aamna and I make a hot couple anyway'
MANGALA RAMAMOORTHY

"My career plans are well chalked out," assures Rajeev Kandelwal aka
Sujal of Kahin To Hoga fame, when asked why he chose to stick to just
one serial at a time. "It's a conscious decision not to take up more
than one project at a time. People have expectations from me and I
want to live up to it," explains the actor who was in town recently
Call him the current heartthrob of the telly, and the handsome actor
refutes. "It's all about being loved by the audience, but I'm not a
heartthrob, please," says the Jaipur lad. He admits to being hounded
by his female admirers wherever he goes.

When not working, the actor is all game for adventure. "I love
trekking or any other sport that's equally exciting."

Rajeev enjoys spending time with himself, but his popularity, he says,
has taken a toll on his personal life. "It's difficult to shield
anything about my life now," he says.

Quiz him about being linked with his female co-star, and he gives an
_expression that clearly says 'not again.' "I am tired of being linked
with Aamna Sharif (Kashish). I know it sounds clichd but we're great
friends and nothing more." Surprisingly, he doesn't blame people for
this misconception.

"I spend a lot of time with her. We go for movies or catch up for
lunch often. We are also invited together for many events. Since
people see us together many a time, they think we're going around." He
adds mischievously, "You see, we make a hot couple anyway."

Though he always loved acting, the serial happened to him purely by
chance. He reminisces, "I was kicked out of my house because my family
didn't like me getting into this field. I went to Delhi, where I made
over 15 documentary films. Once, I came to Mumbai to sell one of my
projects. The documentary didn't get sold, but I managed to sell
myself," explains the actor who comes from the Army background.

Unlike other stars who deny having celluloid dreams, Rajeev is open
about his future plans; "I want to see myself on 70mm. I'm getting
offers, but all of them are either an extension of Sujal or something
similar that doesn't interest me."

Rajeev seems to be the ideal son every mother wants. "I love cooking
and buying vegetables. I can't do that anymore because I bargain a
lot. It becomes embarrassing these days," quips the 29-year-old.