Main, meri wife aur ek party!JD Majethia

dures thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Main, meri wife aur ek party!
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   March 23, 2007

Producer JD Majethia celebrated his 10th wedding anniversary with a surprise bash for his wife

SURPRISE, SURPRISE! J D Majethia wife Nipa and daughter Kesar
It was an impromptu celebration with plenty of help from friends.

Telly producer J D Majethia (Baa Bahoo aur Baby, Khichdi, Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai) and his wife Nipa celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary on March 11.

As the couple had not planned anything for the day, JD thought of hosting a surprise bash for his wife.

Says JD, "On that day, I had a shoot scheduled for Baa Bahoo aur Baby. Nipa was upset that I was not going to be at home.

I had told her to drop by the sets with our daughters, Kesar and Misri at the Swati Studios, Goregaon. We had planned to go for dinner to a restaurant nearby."

However, a day earlier, JD had already begun work on the surprise party.

Close friends of the couple, including filmmaker Vipul Shah (Namastey London) and his actress wife Shefali, writer-director Aatish Kapadia and wife Alison, actor Paresh Ganatra and wife Leena, actor Deven Bhojwani and wife Jagruti were all in on the secret.

College buddies

FRIENDS FOREVER: Deven Bhojani, Aatish Kapadia, Paresh Ganatra, JD Majethia, Nipa and Vipul Shah
"We have known each other since our student days at N M College, Vile Parle.

But the biggest hurdle was to keep Nipa in the dark about it," says JD.

He adds, "When we got married, we did not have lavish celebrations.

We just had a court marriage. I knew that Nipa always longed for a bash with music, masti and dance."

JD worked out the party within 24 hours. "I managed to organise everything — from the catering, the orchestra and the invitations. The toughest part was to keep our immediate family members from letting the cat out of the bag.

In fact, a helpful neighbour even managed to get a sari and blouse from Nipa saying that she wanted to borrow it for a wedding. This was to enable Nipa to dress up for the bash at the venue!"

I JUST FLEW IN: Shefali Shah with Nipa Majethia
Among the invitees were several members of the cast of Khichdi, Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai, Baa Bahoo aur Baby, besides folks from the industry like Tanaaz Lal and Bakhtyaar Irani (who did a special jig), Satish Shah, Supriya Pathak Kapur and Deepshika.

Luckily for JD, everything went off without a hitch. When Nipa arrived on the set, she was in for the biggest shock of her life.

"She cried in astonishment as each person sprung out of the several rooms in the studio.

She was shocked when Shefali appeared in front of her.

Shefali had specially taken time off and flown down from Kolkata where she was shooting Rituparno Ghosh's The Last Lear," he says. And the bash was exactly like Nipa had wanted.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CherryPrincess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
how sweet of him to do this for his wife!!!!!!!! wow!!!!!!!!! of oh wives why do they get fat so soon btw???? JD is so handsom! do i sound rude????? sorry
priyankap thumbnail
ya...women often tend to get fat after marriage..they hav nthn to do ...hehehe jus kiddin....

cool article thnx for sharing it with us...!!!

pri
shabari thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
thanks for the article,btw i thought shilpa of BBB was his wife...sorry