Writers Corner: Books, Stories & Poems

Life at 16... Note on Page 34 - IMP!!!!!! - Page 2

~Sirius*Ysh~ thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
😆 i saw tht guy first in princess diaries 2 and liked him 😳 but i somehow like ryan better 😳 😳
and no no bad charectors here... ter will be a lot of controversies though...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~Sirius*Ysh~ thumbnail

PART 1

The brakes of the car squealed as a black Bentley pulled up at the parking lot.

"Ryan, how many times do I have to tell you not to go so fast!" said Hilary getting out of the car and trying to catch her breath.

"Hey I don't even drive over the speed limit for your sake Hilly, so just chill!" said Ryan pulling up his windows and getting out. He took off his cooling glasses and smiled at the sky. It was the same heat stopping smile that never failed to send scores of girls crazy. He was sporting a total black outfit for his first day in 11th grade. As he walked out of the parking lot towards the building a lot of looks came his way. Being the star quarterback of the school's football team was accompanied by fame and popularity.

Hilary McCathy was walking close behind him, still trying to get her mind of the horrors of the drive to school. She had been through this for the past two years and still had not gotten used to it. Given her way she would like a quiet, peaceful life and after she had gotten Ryan, one of her best friends, for a step-brother she had said goodbye to her peaceful days. With a brother as reckless as he was, she felt like having to substitute for his elder sister who lived with them only 3 months a year. But however reckless she claimed Ryan was, it was more that he was unpredictable, because she knew that he would never ever do anything that was dangerous.

*~*

"Alex!" screamed Kevin from the bottom of her stairs.

"Coming!" she yelled back.

"Hey Kevin! Come to pick up Alex for your first day?"

"Yes Mrs. Summers… Thank you!" he said as she handed him some money.

"They are not for you, they are for Alex. She won't take it if I give it to her and since David's not home I want you to give it to her," she said sounding weary.

"Look Mrs. Summers, I just… I am sorry that she is… she is so difficult…"

"You don't have to apologize to me for her Kevin… it's not your fault!" she said.

"I tried to talk to her but every time I open the topic to her she just… walks away… and after… after the car crash… she just seems to have closed everything out of her life except… except…"

"Except you and you don't want to spoil that! I understand. Thanks for being so nice!" she said giving him a smile. The sound of Alex's sneakers on the stairs came first followed by Alexis herself, chewing gum. She had colored the front portion of her rich red hair black and had twisted the red part of her hair up in a scrunchie and hair was coming out if it so that it looked messy. She wore a small full sleeved jean jacket ripped at the elbows with a navy blue shirt inside and faded jeans ripped at the knees. She had started dressing this way to defy her stepmother. She was a really beautiful person once you took out that heavy black liner around the eye and dressed her up neater. She really had a great figure which she hid under her jackets and sweatshirts. Kevin personally thought she was a beautiful person with her normal look and her dyed hair. But after her father's death Kevin didn't want to upset her more. She was distant even to her longest friend Hilary. She was all right at school. She was the same sarcastic, tomboyish self. But when it came to home she was so rigid about it. She stayed away from home as long as possible after school by staying over at Kevin's and playing tennis in his backyard. She did not feel that any woman was good enough to replace her birth mother. Looking at her sideways as they walked to school he knew he had to help her through this and make her see that her stepmother was really nice.

*~*

"Rhea, sweetheart, all the best for your first day!" called her mother from her room.

"Thanks mom!" she said as she picked up her backpack and hurried to the hall where her father was waiting for her.

"Ready for your ride pumpkin?" he asked giving her a hug as she stepped into the room.

"Thanks Dad!"

All along the ride she was chattering away to her father who was listening with a patient look on his face. As a computer programmer he was working in NASA when he met her mother who was his friend's lawyer. They had had a happy life for the past 20 years and the proof for that was sitting right next to him talking nineteen to the dozen to him. She gave him a quick peck on the cheek as she got dropped at the gates and walked inside with her head held high.

*~*

"What took you so long?" asked Rhea as Kevin and Alex walked towards them.

"Alex! She woke up late!" answered Kevin. Alex smiled without a least bit of repentance.

"At least she got here safely!"

"Ryan, you should stop torturing Hilly like that!" said Kevin laughing. Ryan gave the same impertinent smile that Alex had and leaned against the locker nearest to him.

"Anyways, I picked up your schedules, Kevin, you and I have 8 out of 10 classes together!" said Rhea handing his schedule to Kevin, "and I am sorry Alex but you have all of your 10 classes with Ryan, but the good part is out of the 10 you get to share 3 with me and Kevin and 2 with Hilly who shares 4 with me and Kevin and all of us share lunch time and Math!"

All of them smiled politely at Rhea and looked bewildered the moment she turned away. Alex took a look at her schedule which Rhea had neatly put initials of the people she was going to have the classes with under the name of the subject.

"Great! This year I am stuck with Ryan!" groaned Alex.

"It will be no picnic for me either Honey!" he said, putting his cooling glasses on and looking around, "I had better get going to see who else is in my class. Hopefully the others won't be as crazy as her!" he said walking away.

"Meet you'll at lunch!" called Kevin to Alex as she grunted in response and followed Ryan. Kevin turned to Rhea and said, "There are going to be fireworks this year!"

"You bet! Come on now, we don't want to be late!" she said walking away. Kevin looked after her for a minute.

"There is sure going to be fireworks this year," said Hilly snidely into his ear. And his cheeks turned a slight pink as he turned to Hilly. "When are you planning on telling her?"

"You Shut!" he said pointing a finger at her.

"You have been crushing on her for like nearly 8 months! Now you have all the time to tell her! I tell you go for it!"

"I have told you that she thinks of me as just her friend… I want to take my time ok!"

"Suit yourself!" she said shrugging, "meet you in economics!" she said waving to him, "have a nice time!" she added teasingly. He gave her a LOOK before he turned and left.

These were the five friends. Ryan and Alex with their oversized egos, Kevin with his crush on Rhea who is really full of herself in a nice way, Hilly who was the shy and quiet one without whom their group wouldn't be complete.

Ryan marched to his classes with an air of being the most handsome guy in school and indeed he was. He flung his black bag over his shoulder and removed his cooling glasses to wink at the girls. Alex trotted indifferently next to him. He and Alex were not really enemies. They disagreed with each other only because the both of them were very alike, they were very proud and both of them had big egos and both were really kind at heart. But given a chance they would have gladly stayed away from each other. It was the fact that they had common friends which kept them together. Ryan could never get over the fact that Alex was not all over him as the other girls were (Hilly at least admitted that he was handsome and Rhea had said that if they were not such good friends, she wouldn't mind dating him) and Alex was prejudiced against the fact that he was so proud. In spite of all that, they were friends. They entered the classroom and Ryan was immediately offered the last bench due to the account of his popularity. Alex was really disgusted with the way he lapped it all up but still couldn't resist the lure of the last seat. She was going to set her bag down and sit down when a girl glided next to Ryan. She was wearing a pink mini skirt which was dangerously tethering on the dress length code of Westwood High, and a sleeveless top which had a neckline as low as the school would allow. Alex placed one hand on her hips and one against the table and raised her eyebrows at the girl. She was too busy cooing to Ryan to notice Alex.

"Ryan... it's so nice to see you after so long!"

"Sharon! What have you been up to in the holidays?" he asked turning to her with his charming smile.

"Shopping!" she said batting her eyebrows, "and thinking about you…" she said lowering her voice. Alex rolled her eyes at her.

"Let me relieve you of your misery! How about a date this Friday?" he asked stroking her hand.

"Sounds brilliant Ryan!" she said settling down to sit next to him. This cheesed Alex off. She slammed her hand, which was on the table, thrice to get Sharon's attention.

"You flirted and you got a date. But you already have a seat and I suggest you return to your giggly friends there and return my seat to me!" she said chewing her gum harder.

"I got here first!" said Sharon with a very superior look, "besides the freak tables are in the front!"  

"So why don't you seat yourself there?" she said without batting an eyelid.

"Watch who you are talking to freak!"

"Alex is my friend Sharon!" said Ryan in an angry tone. As much as he fought with her he was her friend and always got indignant when anybody called her a freak.

"Yes Ryan dear but she is a-"

"You call her a freak once more and Friday's date is cancelled!" Sharon saw that he meant business before she helplessly stood up, her eyes narrowing with anger as she turned to Alex. She grabbed her pretty pink bag and walked over to her friends in the next table and sat down. Alex sat down in her seat just as the bell rang and there was a scrambling for seats as their teacher came in and stared taking roll call after introducing herself. She held up her book and turned to Ryan angrily –

"I don't need you to stick up for me. I can sure take care of myself!"

"Sure!" he said in a disbelieving voice.

"Ok we have known each other for 5 years and if you still think I need you to take care of me, you are wrong!"

"You need me dear! You just refuse to admit it!"

"You just refuse to admit that I am not attracted to you the way other girls are!" she said and got the satisfaction of seeing him glare angrily at her. She added with a smirk, "That still hurts your oversized ego doesn't it?"

*~*

"… This year is going to be the student body elections and I am thinking of running for the vice president post here. I mean it's not going to be hard. I'll make Hilly my campaign manager and I know Alex is going to say no but she's great at art and she's going to design all my posters and pamphlets and stuff and Kevin you can be the organizers and you know the one whose by my side all the time…"

Kevin was listening to her chatter as they were sitting down waiting for the teacher to come in. He was amazed at her ability to babble on constantly without having to take a breath.

"Rhea?" asked Kevin silently because a lot of times rhea did not take kindly to being interrupted in the middle of her speeches.

"Yes?" she said turning to him as if she was actually seeing him. Kevin swallowed not knowing how it would sound to her. 'Would you like to go for a cup of coffee sometime?' Nah! That sounds too innocent. How about, 'Rhea! That's such a pretty name!'? How corny can he get? Maybe he should just stick to telling her the truth… Suddenly he realized that Rhea was waiting impatiently for him to speak.

"Uh – Rhea… I – I was going to – uhm… ask you if you minded… that – if we could – Saturday night… go for a movie?" he blurted out after a lot of hesitation.

"Sure which one?" she asked him and he realized that she had not understood him at all.

"No it's… not like that. I meant –"

"Good Morning everybody!" the moment he was interrupted he lost his courage and when she tried to continue their conversation he just shrugged it off. He sighed inwardly frustrated with himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey all of you! here is the first chapter of my story... pls reply 😳

Naughty_n_nice thumbnail

Ummm, i decide that I like ... alex....., ryan and kevin....

Reminds me a lot of James, Lily, Sirius and that character u and niyu made up :p

Good going, buddy! As usual, u've hooked me! Urs are one of the only series i read, and i so hate you for making me addicted!!! 😆

-Sam
Mini786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
One word...
amazingwonderfulgreatawsomemagnificantstupendusextraordinary !
Viashoo
Important buziness with u...
Please teach me how to write like taht..
It was absolutely wonderful..
No joke yaar!
I cant wait till the next chapter!
😃

-Mahak-
~Sirius*Ysh~ thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Naughty_n_nice

Ummm, i decide that I like ... alex....., ryan and kevin....
Ryan is my favie 😳
Reminds me a lot of James, Lily, Sirius and that character u and niyu made up :p

well, thats right! look how that happened? *angelic look* well maybe but then its going to be a lot different as the story goes on...
Good going, buddy! As usual, u've hooked me! Urs are one of the only series i read, and i so hate you for making me addicted!!! 😆

😳 well im not saying thisjust  to b polite but im addicted to ur story too... 😳

-Sam

-Ysh 😛😆

~Sirius*Ysh~ thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Mini786

One word...
amazingwonderfulgreatawsomemagnificantstupendusextraordinary !

thats the longest word i know... beats pneumono­ultra­micro­scopic­silico­

volcano­coniosis, thts the longest word as mentioned in wikipedia 😆
Viashoo

Tanuu 🤗
Important buziness with u...
Please teach me how to write like taht..

😆 sweetie u ryt lovely!!! u just abandoned ur story 😡
It was absolutely wonderful..

😳Thanks
No joke yaar!
I cant wait till the next chapter!
😃

-Mahak-

-Ysh- 😆😳😛

coolniyu thumbnail
awwwwwwwwwww
simply perfect

now im just chantin one thing...
a-lex..ry-an..a-lex..ry-an..a-lex..ry-an.....*sigh* 😳

kevin n rhea r cute too...rhea seems to be miss organised...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 😳

n yeah,its funny how they remind u of marauders na 🤣 but i still luv em 😳

i wonder,im turning 16 this yr..is life gonna b lyk dis fr us 🤣🤣=))]
kitty468 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
this is such a cute story luv it. ryan n alex 😳 . i cant see the pic
~Sirius*Ysh~ thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: coolniyu

awwwwwwwwwww
simply perfect

now im just chantin one thing...
a-lex..ry-an..a-lex..ry-an..a-lex..ry-an.....*sigh* 😳

I knew u would... its so ur type 😆

kevin n rhea r cute too...rhea seems to be miss organised...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 😳

well thts a nice thing to be [-(

n yeah,its funny how they remind u of marauders na 🤣 but i still luv em 😳

yea i wanted this plot to be HPFF first but ten lyked to cr8 new charecs and so i made tis 😳 but dunt wry as it goes it will be less n less lyk marauders

i wonder,im turning 16 this yr..is life gonna b lyk dis fr us 🤣🤣=))]

yesh of course 😳 :P

~Sirius*Ysh~ thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: kitty468

this is such a cute story luv it. ryan n alex 😳 . i cant see the pic

ya it happened to me also... just right click and view pic or the link is here

http://i14.tinypic.com/42k8d8g.jpg

Edited by ~Sirius*Ysh~ - 17 years ago