fan club of Abhay Deol - Page 4

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by Savageforlife

I agree !! In fact I thought I was the only who likes him !! I started liking him from earlier (SNT) but my craze grew only after Dev. D , only then I back tracked and watched all his movies !! I would probably not have watched Manorama if Abhay wasn't in it !! I liked the movie though !! But yes it's sad that we as an audience would rather watch movies with star names in it than risk it in independant movies !! Like when if I want to watch a movie like Dev D in theaters than I can't take my family !! Not even friends !! Because my friends in RL also like only masala movies !! I had to watch Dev D ALONE !! :( All other movies of his I watched online !! BUt atleast now Aisha is maketed as a commercial movie so I guess my friends or family will come !!

I had seen an interview of Abhay where he said he also came in with a commericial SNT!! But after it flopped , he said he threw caution to the winds!! He figured that look a commercial movie can also flop !! So why not just do what I want and be creative !! That's the exact same reason I love him too !!! Well it doesn't hurt that he has those killer dimples too !!! LOve my Dimpy !! 😳
i still to this day don't understand why SNT flopped, is was so entertaining and the music was awesome too!!

Yeah Dev D i watched myself too, no body i knew wanted to watch it with me! Still loved it though!

Wow SNT was soooo looong ago !!!

Abhay looks good with Ayesha too !! OMG AISHA AND AYESHA! LOL Randomness !! Yupp They should come together !! Actually from all his movies I would say his pairing with Sonam is best !! And second on the list would be him and Ayesha !! I don't know about Mahie Gill or Kalki Kochin !! I do like Mahi but there's no chemistry between them and Abhay !! He was okay with Gul Panag or Raima Sen , nothing special !!
<div></div>

i remember in bW section there was a article about aisha(the movie) and people referred Ayesha Takia haha.
Originally posted by sweet coco

my goal for this week-end is to find as many abhay siggies, info, fun facts, quotes, and FANS as possible!!!
</div>
<div>

thank you so much, that would be GREAT!! I am also looking for Abhay's Aisha avis.
Originally posted by Zareena

aww yeah i loved them but i am so disappointed in ayesha, she got the surgery and she isn't the same anymore as she use to. i use to adore her.
i feel she lost her cute factor! But still before i saw sonam-abhay pics and Aisha trailer i found Ayesha-abhay the best pairing in his filmography! Hopefully more sonam-abhay in the future!!
serious question: What is Dimpy's best feature? Pick ONLY 1!!!!

Tied between smile and eyes, but I'm going with smile!!!

serious question: What is Dimpy's best feature? Pick ONLY 1!!!!

Tied between smile and eyes, but I'm going with smile!!!

I would have smile before yesterday !!!

BUT BUT when I saw ECKLL movie online last night , there was scene where he's wearing a raincoat , it's raining and he's half wet and has to catch a rickshaw , he meets Neha Dhupia in it and he bends over and looks at her SO SEDUCTIVELY with his eyes !! That expression was soooo good !! He can do amazing thigns with his face !! That time his eyes looked so sexy !!

So I will say eyes !!! 😳
How pathetic is this, this is all the info of Abhay on wiki?!!

Career

Abhay Deol has avoided the commercial cinema that his family is known for. He stated in an interview with Rediff that he is not into acting because of his famous uncle and his cousin, but that he was involved in theatre in school. "At 18, I decided to take the plunge. It took me 10 years because I didn't want to leave my education to get into films."[1]

He made his film debut in the 2005 film Socha Na Tha. The film made little impact at the box office, but got him good reviews for his performance. His second film was Ahista Ahista in 2006 which also earned him positive critical reviews. His first 2007 release was Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd. which has a multi-star cast and emerged as a box office success.[2] His second 2007 release was Ek Chalis Ki Last Local. His third film in 2007 Manorama Six Feet Under, won the Best Film at the Mahindra Indo-American Arts Council Film Festival in New York City. He also won a Best Actor award for his role. His 2008 movie Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! was a big hit, not just with critics but with the masses as well and established him as a dependable mainstream actor.

Abhay Deol is also the pivotal person behind the 2009 Bollywood film Dev.D, a modern day version of Devdas which he himself devised, and in which he enacts the title role. About being compared to Shah Rukh Khan and veteran Dilip Kumar, who have played Devdas in the past, Deol told Radio Sargam "I'm not too scared of the comparisons. I am aware of the fact but I don't get into that too much. After all, I was compared to my brothers and uncle when I came to the industry. So I am used to it and only worry about my work. So after them, it would very well be Shah Rukh Khan".[3]

Dev.D, directed by Anurag Kashyap, released on 6 February 2009 and was critically acclaimed. The Times of India gave 5 out 5 stars to the movie and it did very well at the box office.

Deol has been the cover of Man's World and Time Out Mumbai, with titles such as "the new face of Indian cinema". He placed seventh on Zoom's "50 Most Desirable Hotties" poll for 2009.[4] He has often been described in the media as the thinking woman's sex symbol.

His latest release is Road, Movie with Tannishtha Chatterjee. Deol has also started producing films through his company Forbidden Films. For Basra, the first film under his new production company,[5] Deol learned the Israeli martial art Krav Maga.[6] He also trained to be a deep-sea diver for his film Zindagi Milegi Na Dobara which was filmed in Spain.[7]

[edit] Personal life

Abhay lives in Mumbai, where he also grew up. He is a self-described fan of "cinema that has the 'real' element" and lists his favourite films as Chupke Chupke, Mother India, and Dr. Strangelove.[1]

[edit] Filmography

Year Film Role Other notes
2005 Socha Na Tha Viren Nominated, Filmfare Best Male Debut Award
2006 Ahista Ahista Ankush
2007 Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd. Aspi
Ek Chalis Ki Last Local Nilesh
Manorama Six Feet Under Satyaveer
2008 Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! Lucky Movie won the National Award for Best Popular Film
2009 Dev.D Dev Movie won 6 Filmfare Awards in 2009
Meridian Lines Vijay
2010 Road, Movie Vishnu Special screening at the Toronto International Film Festival
Zindagi Milegi Na Dobara Filming
Basra Amal Sinha
Aisha Arjun
Darkness Visible
Neither the Veil Nor the Four Walls Directed by Afia Nathaniel

I would have smile before yesterday !!!

BUT BUT when I saw ECKLL movie online last night , there was scene where he's wearing a raincoat , it's raining and he's half wet and has to catch a rickshaw , he meets Neha Dhupia in it and he bends over and looks at her SO SEDUCTIVELY with his eyes !! That expression was soooo good !! He can do amazing thigns with his face !! That time his eyes looked so sexy !!

So I will say eyes !!! 😳
yeah i would have said eyes except i watched Aisha trailer like 30 times and so i went with the smile! OMG!!! Waiting for Aisha to release is like the longest wait ever!!!!

<div></div>wait, what? who calls him wooden? the critics are obviously blind...he's was amazing in dev d, oye lucky, SNT, ahista ahista(he was the best part of the whole film)! He's quality cinema and acting!

oh i think during Dev D days and when abhay was finalized for Aisha, they said great 2 wooden actors:/ that really made me angry. He is a good actor, he is here because of his own talent. I adore him so much, is he from Delhi? he sounds like it, so down to earth.
I knoww that's really pathetic !! That's not much at all !! 😒