Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Why SRK's KBC logo is red

Srabanti Chakrabarti

December 06, 2006 14:29 IST

Can't get enough of television? Grab your weekly gossip from the industry right here.

It seems Debojit Saha found Bengal more lucrative than Amchi Mumbai.

Not being able to carve a niche for himself as a playback singer, despite a moderately successful debut album, Zee TV's Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge winner seemed to be following the path of other reality show winners and concentrating on stage shows to earn that fast buck.

But that was until the Bengali version of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa happened.

Debojit is back in limelight in Bengal with hosting Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. For the show that is just one week old, the TRPs are pretty encouraging.

ShahRukh Khan seemed to be in an unbelievably good mood at the press meet for Kaun Banega Crorepati in Mumbai. Not only did he crack jokes but he also responded with characteristic humour to questions like 'Why is the KBC logo in your case red, while it was blue in Amitabh Bachchan's version?'

Sample Khan's response to this: "Amitji is like God in our industry and we keep him above everyone else. His stature is as high as the sky. And thus, the color is blue. In my case, I am desh ka Lal, thus the colour is red!"

Quite innovative, one must say.

Johnny Lever's much talked-about entry on television doesn't seemed to have paid off too well.

After the initial success, Johny Ala Re is not doing as good as one would expect it to. In what can be touted as a sincere effort to revamp the show, comedy queen Bhavna Balsavar will be supporting Johnny Lever in hosting the serial.

Bhavna has been in the industry for more than a decade now and done popular comedy shows like Dekh Bhai Dekh and Zabaan Sambhal Ke.

Believe it or not, Mazher Sayyed (Saloni's brother Samar in Saat Phere) walks with his eyes closed on the sets. According to Sayyed, he shuts his eyes the moment he comes for the shoot and keeps them closed until he takes a break!

This apparently helps him portray the character realistically. For those who do not know, Sayyed plays a visually challenged character in the serial.

Not satisfied at this, Sayyed has also asked for dark glasses that will hide his eyes so that viewers will not realise that his eyes are shut behind the lenses

rediff.com
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
KBC training for SRK

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 08:58:20 am
By Vijaya Upadhyay

As the entire nation awaits the new edition of KBC with King Khan as the host, KBC producers are going the extra mile to make sure that he lives up to the popularity his predecessor - the Big B - enjoyed. And to do that, a month-long training camp has been arranged right at his residence.

"They have set up a system at my residence for practice," confirmed Shahrukh Khan. "First the technical aspects related to questions, buttons, prompts and how to look at the many cameras shall be taken care of".

And Big B's catch phrases like "Lock Kiya Jaye & Computerji" could be passe. Viewers can expect something new, delivered by King Khan in his inimitable style. Also, being the perfectionist that Shah Rukh is, he is now devouring book after book to widen his knowledge base.

"I'll try to prepare for a month as I am deeply interested in the show and my basic general knowledge is also quite all right," said the actor. "I would alos like to be there when the questions and sessions are set up," he added.

The three magical letters SRK and KBC when clubbed together will create excitement on the television screen. We shall now wait and watch how King Khan dons the avatar of a quiz maestro.

www.timesnow.tv
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Shah Rukh measures his IQ level

RAM KAMAL MUKHERJEE

It was evident from his body language, that ShahRukh Khan has been affected by the constant scrutiny of his not-so-good relationship with Amitabh Bachchan. But he made it a point to clear the air about their relationship, while addressing the media yesterday, about the second season of Star's Kaun Banega Crorepati, which he will be hosting.

"I never talk to Amitabh Bachchan casually. You cannot expect me to say, 'Arre Amit tumne suna main KBC kar raha hoon!' (Hey Amit, have you heard that I'm hosting KBC!) I cannot adopt such a casual approach with Mr Bachchan. Whenever I am with Amitabh Bachchan, I am formal and I give him due respect. He is a father figure and I would not like to be pompous or casual with him," said Shah Rukh.

Needless to say, the SRK humour was intact as he did not seem to be bothered by the comparison which people drew between the two. "I think it started from Don and it's obvious that people will compare us. But I have always said that I will try and be myself on the show. I guess people would love to see something original," he said.

When asked why the channel had changed the background colour of KBC from blue to red, SRK came up with his own witty interpretation. "Amitabh Bachchan is like a stalwart, he like the sky, so they used blue for him. Aur mein is dhaarti ka laal hoon, (I am a son of the soil) so they have used red for me," he smiled.

SRK also spoke about the educative and entertaining aspect of the show. "I am sure that my kids and everyone in and around India will watch the show, like they used to earlier, because the show is not just about earning money, it's a way to sharpen your IQ level too," he said. On the Bollywood front, Shah Rukh has just completed shooting for Shimit Amin's Chak De in Australia. "It's about the Indian hockey team and I am proud to be associated with a film which deals with our national sport," he said.

Now, with KBC, won't his film assignments get affected? "Thankfully, I won't be working on KBC for 24 hours a day, 365 days a year," he laughed. "I have my film assignments and I intend keeping a proper balance. I am yet to sit with Siddharth and rehearse for the show." }

From being an inaccessible star, with the show Shah Rukh will be in everyone's home through television from Monday to Friday. Will that affect his stardom? "I think as long as I enjoy doing my work, I will never get bored of anything and by the grace of God my stardom will not be affected. I love interacting with people and that's the USP of this show," he said.

And how will he spend New Year's eve this year? "I think Siddharth (Basu)will teach me how to operate 'computerji' and Samir (Nair) will teach me how to sit on the hot seat. Jokes apart, I think I will be with my family, my wife Gauri and my kids. I think it's important to be with your family on such days," he said.

indiatimes
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Shahrukh's charm floors Delhi media

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

UNI: For once the normally aggressive media in New Delhi was rendered speechless by the intelligent and smart rejoinders of this 'Badshah of Bollywood'! The famous 'magical charm of Shahrukh Khan was in full evidence as the 'heartthrob of millions' fielded with his trademark lan the various probing queries of mediapersons gathered in Delhi on December 4th, 06 to have their first tete-a-tete with him after the announcement of his hosting the forthcoming edition of the popular game show 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'.

In fact, at the very beginning of the press conference, the 'King Khan' left mediapersons speechless when he said,' Grill me, Kill me but be kind to me as I am from Delhi. ''Mujhe Dilli ke gusse se bahut dar lagta hai (I am afraid of the anger of Delhiites),'' he said in a humorous vein.

Shahrukh's witty repartees and replies laced with humour had the audience of mediapersons often in splits, leaving them raving about his excellent sense of humour.

To a question on what would be his contribution to the show as its new host, Shahrukh, pointing out to the producer Siddharth Basu and head of Star Sameer nair sitting alongside him said, ''Siddharth is the Kreator (of K in KBC) while Sameer will get the Crores (C of KBC) to the participants. Between the two of them, I am the 'Baccha' (B of KBC).''

Asked what was it like to step in the shoes of Mr Amitabh Bachchan, whose stint as host of KBC took the Game show to the crest of its popularity, after the recently-released Don, the 'King Khan', in his humorous style, said, ''I am too small to step into the shoes of Mr Bachchan.''

To another question on whether like in the case of Mr Bachchan, KBC would be a turning point for him as well, Shahrukh said, ''no, it will be a learning point for me.'' Asked as to what he felt were the reasons for Star choosing him for the show after Mr Bachchan declined, Shahrukh said, ''I am a normal middle class person with a normal upbringing. At the risk of sounding immodest, I would say that at some level, I feel I am able to connect with people, whether it is kids or youngsters, who feel that I am one of them. In that sense, I live in hearts of many people.''

On what preparations he planned to do for the show, considering that it was meant to be a test of general knowledge, Shahrukh said, "I am already brushing up my general knowledge by reading books on general awareness so that I am fully prepared when the show begins.'' To a query on what would happen to KBC of he were to be offered a role in a Hollywood movie tomorrow, Shahrukh said, ''If I have any intention of doing a Hollywood film, I will ask Sameer to produce one and get Siddharth to direct it.''
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
SRK ka KBC!

Shah Rukh Khan returns to television with India's most popular game show KBC. At a power packed press conference held in suburban Mumbai King Khan kept the media in splits for over an hour while answering to the endless questions by the journo brigade. The badshah of bollywood faced the media's volley of questions with lan and effortless wit; as some called him a juggler while others called him a replacement for the Big B.

Well, we think life has now come full circle for Shah Rukh who's an entertainer to the core. To put it in his own words, "I believe I am a entertainer and my job is to make sure that people get entertained. So, here the medium doesn't matter, it could be the small screen or the big screen for that matter. Afterall, I started my career on television and went on to do films and now I am back on the small screen."

So how differently does the actor plan to anchor the show considering Big B made KBC a household name with his style?

"I'll be myself on the show and I see this as an opportunity to connect with viewers who have loved me so much. First and foremost, I think it will be very important for the contestants to feel comfortable on the show. Also, it's really not about winning for them but being on the show taking back memories is what counts. So, it could be a hug, a statement, or just the informal chat that we have on the show will probably be a memory. I am nervous, exited and thrilled to anchor a show which is very classy, intelligent and entertaining." chirps the energetic actor.

The show is being slotted in the every Monday to Thursday at 9 pm. Elaborating further on the positioning of the show, Sameer Nair, CEO , Star Entertainment India says, " our weekend slots are already looking very strong with shows like Prithviraj Chauhan, Baa Bahu aur Baby and others. Right now, we need to look the 9 pm slot. As for now, Viraasat and Karam Apnaa Apnaa will go off air to make way for KBC. "
When queried further on the choice of the new anchor, Nair said," after the Big B if there's anyone else who could do the show, it is Shah Rukh Khan. His wit charm, energy, style will definitely make the show worth watching."

KBC is being produced by Siddhartha Basu's Synergy Communications.
"We get to see a rejuvenated KBC this time but with the same magic. This time one would get to see the first production which will be a joint venture with Ad labs," smiles ace quizmaster Siddharth Basu who is basking in the glory of his Sony dance show Jhalak Dikhla Ja.

Sameer Nair, Star India COO adds "KBC is close to our heart right from the beginning and to Star Plus which the last time defined the weekend strategy. We will have all the 15 qualities and four life lines and the works."

Here's a peek at the question-answer session for the King Khan(with his sense of humour intact)

Tell us about the cold war between you and the Big B?

We are both professionals who've been working together for a long time now. I have learnt a lot from him and have tremendous respect for him. Its like Tom Cruise never tries to attack Brad Pitt and I've been having all colours of wars with my colleagues for so many years now.

Are you doing any homework for the show?

The channel people and the production house has been very kind to me. They have set up a training set up for me at home so that I can get myself acquainted with the show and don't have to travel all the way to the studio every day. So I would be joining school from today to not having any glitches.

Are you going to have the trademark o-oh which the Big B was famous for during the show?

We would be retaining the o-oh and maybe try Kkkk… On a serious note we work on the creative soon. And use good amount of Urdu as I have already done a few Hindi films and people know how good my Hindi is.

People call you a juggler as you have been trying different genres?

I think juggler is a good word though I prefer being called a Badshah. I've been a jack of all trades but master of none and have been juggling with many things in the scope of entertainment.

How long is your contract with the show and wont you get bored of hosting the show?

I've have a two years contract with KBC wherein I get to expose my personality. I am finishing work on a film called Chak De. But from January I get to work on KBC and Om Shanti till April. I enjoy my work so I never get tired of what I am doing.

What is your look going to be like?

I am going to wear clothes from Dhoom 2.

http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k6/dec/5dec/news_kbc.php
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
SRK in Seedhi Baat ~Watch Online~

04December
musicNmovies.info12:12 pm

Well SRK is on tabloids regularly thesedays due to his latest contract for KBC. On everys magazine you can see his interview, press conference regarding the show to be going on air from January 2007. Lately, he was invited in Sheedhi Baat show hosted by Pravhu Chawla in Aaj Tak to discuss more about the show and his future plans.

Watch this exclusive show:

http://www.musicnmovies.info/index.php/2006/12/chit-chat/srk -in-seedhi-baat-watch-online/
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
SRK on KBC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DetTzDM-GS8
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Shah Rukh spells moolah for KBC 3

Ramya Ramamurthy
CNN-IBN
Posted Thursday , November 30, 2006 at 20:08

STAR'S BIG BUCKS: Kaun Banega Crorepati-3 is betting on big moolah from ad sponsors.

Mumbai: Kaun Banega Crorepati—scrumptious fodder for those addicted to the idiot box is returning back this time with the Bollywood's biggest brand name Shah Rukh Khan.

While the much hyped quiz show is going to be a respite from lackluster saas-bahu saga on television, Star Plus is counting big time on KBC to rake in big moolah.

KBC 2 anchored by Amitabh Bachchan charged the sponsors over Rs 3 lakhs for a 10 second spot and around Rs 20 crores for each episode. This time with Bollywood's hottest star Shahrukh Khan making appearance on the small screen, the stakes are going to be even higher.

KBC 3 will have 104 episodes and for each episode Khan will be paid around Rs 30-50 lakh. With such high figures and even higher popularity, the sponsor and spot rates on the show are bound to inflate. Star is counting big time on SRK's charm to woo the advertisers.

"Next week we are meeting clients in Delhi and Mumbai. We will tell them about the details of the show. KBC is back four times a week from Monday to Thursday 9 to 10 pm with Shahrukh Khan in it. We are expecting a huge premium out of it," Star Entertainment India CEO, Sameer Nair said.

The show will go on air from January next years and will be slotted between 9 to 10 pm, for days a week. The channel heads say that the show timings have been positioned keeping in mind the cricket World Cup that starts in March next year.

However, with previous sponsors Nokia and LG having already invested Rs 20 - 45 crore on cricket, will KBC sponsorship run into rough weather? Is it going to be tough for the show to find big-ticket sponsors?

"KBC is certainly going to be a big thing in 2007. Post cricket it would be on top of our priority but a lot depends on the TRP's it will be able to deliver. Since Shah Rukh Khan anchoring it, of course it will rank high but at the same time it might conflict with the brands he has endorsed," LG Marketing Head, Sandeep Tiwari said.

Star has converted the show to an annual seasonal one with a 13 week run. And with a brand new 5-year contract with former owner Celador, Star seems willing to bet on KBC for a long run.

Video:

http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/27419/...for-kbc-3.html

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/shah-rukh-spells-moolah-for-kbc- 3/27419-8.html
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
The race for dressing up ShahRukh Khan for KBC hots up

Team After Hours
Wednesday, December 06, 2006 23:59 IST

The country's leading designers give SRK styling tips for his TV comeback.

The race for dressing up ShahRukh Khan for 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' is hotting up. We asked some of country's leading designers to reveal what look they'd like to give King Khan.

Surily Goel

KBC is a very formal show. Unless they are changing the format drastically wherein Shah Rukh could break free and dress in more casual outfit, for the present format I think he is best suited in well cut jackets and suits. Shah Rukh looks great in suits.

Shaina NC

No one can touch Amitabh Bachchan and the way he dressed for the show. For a high profile show like this one, a jacket is a must. He should ideally be dressed in a trendy or classic suit, but the shirt and necktie look that he had in 'Don' definitely won't work here. I can never imagine him in Indian wear, so it is a definite no-no.

Arjun Khanna

I would like to see him in very chic and suave clothes, but definitely not casual wear. I would have also given him Indian wear, not too ethnic but something of a mix with very subtle embroidery. I would want him to experiment and dress up differently for every episode.

Aki Narula

I loved what Amitabh Bachchan wore but for the fact that he stuck to dark colours. For ShahRukh Khan, I would give him a washed linen suit and Madras check jackets in lighter colours for summer. For winters I would give him darker colours like Olive green and also perhaps a cravat to go with the suit.

Anna Singh

I feel that SRK's look should not be inspired by what Mr Bachchan wore. SRK should experiment and try his hand at various clothes - more so on semi-formals. Above all, his look should be identifiable and relate to audiences, as KBC is a people's show.
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Badshah on Hot Seat

Chandrika Bhattacharya
Wednesday, 6 December, 2006

King Khan - ShahRukh Khan says "I am not a Jr Ab, I have my own identity" when asked about hosting KBC following Big B's footsteps.

A press conference was held by STAR channel to officially announce the re-launch of Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC), at Taj Land's End. Sameer Nair (CEO) and Quiz master Siddhartha Basu flanked ShahRukh Khan who has stepped in the place of Amitabh Bachchan.

A quick interview with SRK:

You started with television, then went to films and now you are back to TV. How do you feel?
Yes that's true, but I never left television. My films, songs and interviews are shown on all the channels. So I am constantly on television.

ShahRukh KhanKBC being a daily show, what about films now?
I have just completed one film on football Chakde India. I will concentrate on this show and around May I will start my home production, Farah Khan's film with Deepika Padukone. That's it.

You had said in one of your interviews that when KBC was offered to you, you had asked your son whether you should do it?
When my son said that I should do the show, I decided to do it. I leave all my mature decisions to him.

ShahRukh KhanWhich of your heroines would you like to see on the hot seat?
I want to see all of them on the hot seat. It all depends on Sameer and Siddharth, as to what they planned.

You seem to be the next choice after Amitabh Bachchan. After the old Don, you were the new Don, now you are the choice for KBC, are you becoming the Jr AB?
It's good to follow in the footsteps of a great man. There's a Jr AB, whom I am very fond of, he's like my younger brother. I am not a Jr Ab, I have my own identity.

Who do you think would do a better prefer SRK or AB as KBC host? Click here to poll!

www.indya.com