Not Varun Toorkey, but Siddharth Shivpuri to join Kasautii

av131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
It seems that the makers of the second edition of 'Kasautii Zindagii Kay' had a rather difficult time in finalising the actor to be cast opposite the protagonist, Erica Fernandes. Reportedly, the production house had approached Namik Paul to play the part of Vikrant on the show. However, there was a change in plan and he was signed on to play the male lead in the second season of the supernatural thriller, Kavach. It was then reported that actor Varun Toorkey was approached for the part, but it seems that the deal has fallen through. We have now learnt that the makers have finally found their Vikrant. Their wait has ended with Siddharth Shivpuri, who has featured on shows like 'Sasural Simar Ka', 'Naagin' and 'Rishta Likhenge Hum Naya'.
Informs a source associated with the show, "We were in talks with Varun, but the deal failed to materialise over the budget. We have now signed on Siddharth for the role of Vikrant."

Siddharth confirms, "Yes, I am playing Vikrant on the show and will commence the shoot very soon. I am really excited about this character, as it's layered. He has a past with Prerna (Erica) and had helped her in some way. This guy is full of attitude and seems positive. However, his real motive will be revealed at a later stage."

Ask him how he bagged the coveted role for which two actors were considered before him and he replies, "Well, I am not aware of this. I don't know who all were approached for the part."

Despite repeated attempts, we couldn't reach Varun for comment.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshig8 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hopefully, he will play a positive character. Too much negativity in the show we need one positive character
pallawi1803 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Wat is wrong with then y can't they finalise one??
Priya_18 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Seems like he's played a supporting role in Naagin. Someone enlighten us on his acting talentsπŸ˜†Edited by Priya_18 - 5 years ago
luvmayurarti thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
eri ki opposite mujhe koi handsome hunk chahiye tha. πŸ˜” 
Cute_Virgo thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Another actor change, looks like everyone knows there is no consistency in character development in the show πŸ˜†
_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Is this for real? πŸ˜† Now it seems Namik was too good for this role and the role is not v important.. .and this guy actually revealed everything about the character...how dumb that  can be. 
Mrinmoyi_me thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Seems like this one is worse than Varun.. He will look like Erica'a brother.. πŸ˜†
The layered role seems to be like our Mishka.. πŸ˜‰
lovelyleighton thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
 πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£
This is so funnyπŸ˜†

Seems like those who are writing the script, also doing casting as they can't make up their mind πŸ˜”πŸ₯±
Suchi_Ejf_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: _symphony

Is this for real?  πŸ˜† Now it seems Namik was too good for this role and the role is not v important.. .and this guy actually revealed everything about the character...how dumb that  can be. 

This is funny actually πŸ˜† he revealed everything about his character