Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Anamika. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago

Part 63 – Opposites attract.

5 years later…

A lot had changed in SN in 5 years. The new bahus had settled in and the novelty had worn off as well. They now felt very much at home in SN. They had also learned a lot from their voyage to getting here. Nisha and Isha had never realized that they would eventually get married into a rich family like the Viranis and fall in love as well with two boys completely opposite to them! It seemed so surreal now that they thought about it. But then again, life was so different now. Isha looked at herself in the mirror. Her previous petite and slim figure was once again changed by a big bump on her stomach. Her second child, she thought. Suddenly her daughter, Anamika, came into the room.

A: Mama, yeh question ke liye kya karu?

Isha smiled at her daughter as she took her school work book from her. The question said 1 + 3.

I: Remember we did addition before?

A: I don't remember, mama.

I: Ok, come on, I'll teach you how to add again.

A: But mama – Scooby Dooby Doo's going to be on in a few minutes –

I: No Scooby before you study, Anamika! Come on, if we finish fast, then we can catch Scooby!

Nisha looked around her. Where was her son!? She saw Isha taking her daughter, Anamika to their room.

N: Di, have you seen Adi?

I: No, sorry, Nisha. Check under the bed though, that's his favourite spot!

N: I'll do that! Thanks! ADI!!

She heard somebody giggling. She smiled to herself at how her life would be so pointless without her son, Adithya and her husband, Manthan. Right after her sister, Isha had got her first child; the doctor had told her that she was pregnant too. 9 months later came her naughty Adithya. She looked under sofas and beds and under tables to find where her son was hiding. This clearly wasn't working! She got up and looked in the closets but had no luck in finding him.

N: Adi!! Come on, beta! Be a good boy and drink your milk! Please, beta?

She heard some more giggling and shuffling around. She sighed. She had been chasing him for the past 20 minutes now. Suddenly, Manthan walked in and Nisha sighed again, this time from relief.

N: Adi! Dekho! Papa's here! Come on, Adi!

At once, Adi came out from his hiding spot, which was behind the curtains, and hugged his dad. Manthan grinned at his son and lifted him up. Nisha couldn't help smiling but soon returned to her sarcastic face.

N: Adi, milk first then you can play with papa.

A: No!

Adi made his way to run away again but he was unsuccessful this time. Even after 5 years, Manthan's muscular arms were still perfectly the same. He grabbed his son by one arm and took the milk from the other hand.

M: Come on, Adi. Drink up!

A: Do I have to?

N: Yes, Adi! Milk gives you calcium and makes you strong like papa!

Adi pouted his face and looked at the milk. He pinched his nose and quickly drank the milk. He waited a few seconds.

A: Why aren't I strong like papa yet?

Nisha and Manthan laughed at their son. Manthan smiled at his family and kissed Nisha on the cheek, apologizing for being slightly late.

N: Come on, Adi, let's go to sleep. It's already 9.

After getting Adi to brush his teeth properly and making his bed for him, Nisha finally sat down on her bed exhausted, beside her son and Manthan. Before, when she had just met Manthan, she sometimes felt as if he weren't the right choice for her. After all, he was so…different than her. Manthan used to hate math and Nisha's first love was math. Manthan never worked and hated the idea of cleaning, while Nisha always worked and could never function in an untidy environment. While Manthan was a party boy back in the days, Nisha spent her valuable time studying and applying for scholarships. Anyway it was looked at; there was no denying that Nisha and Manthan were opposite. But whoever had said opposites attract was definitely right because it had worked out between Manthan and Nisha. Now, Manthan had become a successful engineer from Nisha's math tutoring sessions, while ironically Nisha didn't have to use math. Manthan worked as a computer engineer and was so interested in his work that he stayed extra long to finish his projects at his office, while Nisha became a homemaker. Manthan was also no longer a party boy. After college, he gave up the drugs, smoking, drinking and every bad habit and devoted himself solely to work and to prove himself, with a deal great support from Nisha.

Isha slowly tucked in her daughter, Anamika to sleep. She felt and hand towards on her huge stomach and turned to see her husband.

E: Sorry, Isha, I had a lot of work and I was –

I: Stuck in a meeting?

E: (guiltily) Yeah…

I: Its ok, come on, I'll get your dinner ready; you go wash your hands and come.

Eklavya kissed his wife on the cheek and left for the washroom. 5 years ago, the idea that Isha was about to make his dinner would have scared Eklavya, thinking Isha would probably not only burn the food, but most likely the house as well. But now, she had learned to cook. As Isha and Eklavya sat down to eat their dinner, they pondered about how different they were now. When they had met, Eklavya was almost monk/priest–like and Isha was a dancer. Isha was a child and always acted very immaturely while Eklavya was always the one who enjoyed Isha's child-like traits. But now, Isha had turned into a responsible young mother and wife. She had become a dance teacher but was currently taking a break because of her pregnancy. At the thought of marrying Isha, Eklavya had become a little apprehensive because they didn't have much in common. But he realized now how perfect she was for him. He had changed her in a good way and she had changed him in a good way. Eklavya had become a little more energetic and active while Isha had learned to calm down and to relax. Their marriage had been as successful as could be.

Isha walked towards her room after cleaning up the dinner table and saw her sister going in her bedroom from the washroom. She smiled at her. No matter how much had changed in the last few years, the bond between the sisters would never change.

N: Good night, di.

I: G'night, Nisha...

The End.

That's the end everyone! I hope you enjoyed reading this fanfic just as much as I enjoyed writing it!

-Pooja

~NiKkY~ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
omg thats the end of ur fanfic awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! 😭 😭 i loved ur fanfic it was great !i specially enjoyed the part where eklovia comes to the window and when it was manthan's party!GOOD JOB 👏 👏
rupi b thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
omg i cant believe its the end...but thanx a lot it was a fantastic fanfic and u are a great writer..if u ever write another fanfic pm me lol
great job 👏
shafaq92 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
OMG I just catched up and its finished 😭 . Aww I can't believe it. Really
nice ending though but pls do start a new one whenever you get the time -
no pressure. You're a great writer and I loved this ff. You've done a great job
with this one and ended it at the perfect time. Take Care!

Shafaq
.Anamika. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Thanks, guys! I loved writing this fanfic. And if I do start another fanfic, I will be sure to tell you all.

-Pooja

-Krupa- thumbnail
that was such a sweet part..will be waiting for your next FF..
Sugg-
Robbie & Adi of Kasturi/KGGK fame for you next FF with, none other than Kasturi & Mets
with so Robbie-Maithli are twins or something & the other 2 are bro-sis..
indira3 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
that was a great ff...will be waiting for your next ff
vid_hurry thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Your ff was superb 👏
You also finished it beautifully. Will be waiting impatiently for your next ff
loyalkashion thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago