Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamonaG thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: zindagi4pyaar

If its shot wid bd.. Den how it can b a ishra scene... 

Bhulb jaoo 4 a month... Dat we will c divan gether as ishra in d same screen space... Dis tym i guess it will cross dis one month slab

Not with bd apparently 
sreeu12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RamonaG

Not with bd apparently 

Ramona... If this is true then if you are in Bangalore or whenever in Bangalore chocolate from myside..
IshRaian thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: srini18

Thank you Mam!! You have put down some valid points in your defense...To be honest, there is no formal institution like BARC for online viewership so TRPs from digital platforms have to be taken with a pinch of salt... However, it doesn't mean they are baseless or distorted completely, they hover around the expected values..

Furthermore, as you have pointed out producers and statisticians might depend on OTT platforms to get the raw number of online viewers. However, OTT is not the only source which generates online TRPs... Content gets pirated onto innumerable websites which for sure doesn't have a mechanism of its viewers... All they have to do is to go by estimates.. Furthermore in countries like US, Canada where Indian OTT providers charge a fortune for their subscription, the pendulum shifts back to the live streaming websites. Hence the integrity of data is jeopardized...

I second your argument and to bolster it , another important consideration is the time slot.. As far as TV viewership is concerned, every show has a dedicated air time along with a clear schedule of repeat telecast which makes the trp calculation formidable...Alas, there is nothing called as time slot on digital platforms, it all rests with the viewer and practically it isn't feasible to be on the lookout for such a deluge of viewers at a particular time for a given soap... Moreover, the vacillations in online viewership for a particular day will be neither constant  nor consistent because some people might binge watch all the episodes on a Sunday in contrast to a TV viewer...In this case the trp would drastically fall on Monday and it would hit the crest on Sunday but there are also many what if scenarios..

Taking all these deliberations into account, statisticians usually go for algorithms which generally follow the principle of regression to mean, which is basically trying to find a mean value for every day and making some adjustments to the raw data..

The end result though isn't a random number but is affected by n number of factors making it more vulnerable for meaningful interpretation ...

Sorry for barging in but I was enamored by your observations as they were sound and plausible and I wanted to add some more insights to it.. Thank you!!

This so called Online TRP is not online viewership list without doubt. It is perhaps based on tweets and buzz surrounding the show. It is one useless list. Even shows on Top of that list get axed.
Shitbaaaz was always put in Top 5 in that list while the show's own producer clarified that the show was not even in Top 5 on Hotstar. Forget about among all other TV shows other than those on Star Network. 
IshRaian thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: srini18

Thank you Mam!! You have put down some valid points in your defense...To be honest, there is no formal institution like BARC for online viewership so TRPs from digital platforms have to be taken with a pinch of salt... However, it doesn't mean they are baseless or distorted completely, they hover around the expected values..

Furthermore, as you have pointed out producers and statisticians might depend on OTT platforms to get the raw number of online viewers. However, OTT is not the only source which generates online TRPs... Content gets pirated onto innumerable websites which for sure doesn't have a mechanism of its viewers... All they have to do is to go by estimates.. Furthermore in countries like US, Canada where Indian OTT providers charge a fortune for their subscription, the pendulum shifts back to the live streaming websites. Hence the integrity of data is jeopardized...

I second your argument and to bolster it , another important consideration is the time slot.. As far as TV viewership is concerned, every show has a dedicated air time along with a clear schedule of repeat telecast which makes the trp calculation formidable...Alas, there is nothing called as time slot on digital platforms, it all rests with the viewer and practically it isn't feasible to be on the lookout for such a deluge of viewers at a particular time for a given soap... Moreover, the vacillations in online viewership for a particular day will be neither constant  nor consistent because some people might binge watch all the episodes on a Sunday in contrast to a TV viewer...In this case the trp would drastically fall on Monday and it would hit the crest on Sunday but there are also many what if scenarios..

Taking all these deliberations into account, statisticians usually go for algorithms which generally follow the principle of regression to mean, which is basically trying to find a mean value for every day and making some adjustments to the raw data..

The end result though isn't a random number but is affected by n number of factors making it more vulnerable for meaningful interpretation ...

Sorry for barging in but I was enamored by your observations as they were sound and plausible and I wanted to add some more insights to it.. Thank you!!

BTW, BARC itself has Ekam for collecting online viewership data. Exam has been in work for more than a year now and there is no clarity as to when it will actually begin to collect and release this data. So, there is no Online TRP for now. 
RamonaG thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: sreeu12345

Ramona... If this is true then if you are in Bangalore or whenever in Bangalore chocolate from myside..

Haha I'm in Delhi though ðŸ˜‰
sreeu12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Haha I'm in Delhi though  😉

Hoo

Not with bd apparently

How many times these ppl repeatedly asks same question 🤣

Better you stop replying
srini18 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IshRaian

BTW, BARC itself has Ekam for collecting online viewership data. Exam has been in work for more than a year now and there is no clarity as to when it will actually begin to collect and release this data. So, there is no Online TRP for now. 

Thank you! For making me aware of some  facts and I apologise for posting some non authentic information.. Lol, I was trying to get help from my friend Google but ended up with some wrong notions  😆😭 but one thing is clear the algorithms which they use aren't accurate and if you go by the assertion that there is no online viewership then the sample is not a fair representation of views but junk...
Edited by srini18 - 5 years ago