aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
My problem with this serial is threefold:

1. First is Lovely's out-of-this-world villainy. She is more a domestic aatankvaadi (terrorist) than a simple villain. At first I enjoyed the portrayal of Lovely --she was bad alright, but in a fallible complex in a "soft" way. Over the course of the serial, we see Lovely more and more emboldened. The more she "got away" with  her crimes, the greater was her confidence to go further and further in her nefarious acts. Hence we had Nimrat's killing unaccounted for, followed by fudging Kulfi's diary to send Kulfi to Tevar, followed by attempted murder of Gunjan and a whole host of other crimes and gunda-giri, culminating in Lovely becoming a hardcore child-killer, that too her own biological daughter. I find this transformation unnecessary. It is overkill. I feel that we the audience get the point without needing to beaten on the head with the truth that Lovely will go to the utmost extent to protect her marriage and her child. Making Lovely an irredeemable villain is not in the long-term interest of the serial unless the CVs are planning to end her role after the current track.

Assuming that is not the case, it adds to viewer frustration to see Lovely repeatedly be "bailed out" of her villainous deeds by spineless Sikka and by conducive circumstances. Take for instance the current scenario. For once Sikka developed a spine and locked Lovely in a (rather nice) spare bedroom with limited access to Amyra. Now that there is a death scare for Amyra, Sikka feels he is left with no option but to set her free so she can be with Amyra. So will Lovely be locked up for a total of a few hours only to be set free?

2. Where is good old Kanoon in all this? When the doctor knows that the child is being poisoned, and then when the poison is discovered to be this Dark Ruby, then will this not automatically become a criminal case? Is the doctor not obligated by law to report it to the police? Why is the doctor not doing this? He could have conveyed the news that this is now a criminal case and the household is under investigation. And what about Sikander? When he found the partially empty Dark Ruby bottle should he not have saved it for evidence and sent it off for fingerprints etc? Where are his brains and who appointed him to take the law into his own hands, become a jasoos and mete out punishment to Lovely? This is where the serial is irksome. We see a similar scenario in Ammaji's remand home. Here too, the power-hungry Amma makes her own rules and can be bribed to recruit juveniles without government mediation or referral.

3. Finally why should Kulfi be shown to be repeatedly caught in and fighting horrid and nightmarish situations all by herself?  She faces bad treament by her Maami in Chrauli, horrid ill-treatment by Lovely, the abduction by David, trauma due to an accident and finally remand-home incarceration? Not only that, Kulfi is shown to be dealing with difficult situations on her own, and coming out of them and often helping others in the process. All this is too much for a child of her age and it is unimaginable that it will not leave emotional scars in the long term.

I understand that the CVs want us to see how brave and courageous Kulfi is, but to make this point she need not always be put in dangerous situations where she is constantly abused. Especially when we contrast her life with pampered Amyra, who even while battling death is well supported by her father and extended family, whereas Kulfi has to fight numerous life-and-death situations on her own. This causes a big disconnect and contributes to making the situation illogical:  one child has everything and the other nothing. If Kulfi is all powerful jaganmata, and able to survive and overcome every danger unscathed through her own power, and when she is practically raising herself, why on earth does she need a father? Does the reunion with Sikander even matter when he has been unable to protect her thus far?

Comments, replies, and observations welcome.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintisara thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Point No 1 & 2 - Makers do not want us viewers to think and rationalise whats been shown by them. If you go by history, all the shows except a few, have either been Larger than life or OTT or Unrealistic to a great extent.
Lovely for sure is makers favourite villianess till date. Earlier she was shown as a mom who would go leaps and bounds to get her daughter what she desired (yes Sikka has been potrayed as an object of desire for all the ladies present out there πŸ˜†) Thats the reason everyone is soo over obsessed about having him all by themselves individually !

Later she turned inhuman and used Kulfi as per her convenience. Now she has turned into a monster and eaten her own child. But child is also not less. Even after being on death bed, she still doesnt want her mother to spill out details of Kulfi's whereabouts to Sikka. She too has conveniently forgotten to what extent Kulfi has sacrificed her being for her sake. Anyways the mother daughter are facing their fate and getting what they rightly deserve. 

Second legality - U think makers woudl turn this show into a sensible legally driven show πŸ€£ where all the characters act and enact as per the prevailing legal system  πŸ€£  πŸ€£  better watch Crime Patrol for this... these daily soaps are far from reality and legality to say the least. Only people like Kulfi are subjected to legal boundations (she was sent to police station by her Maami in the initial stages πŸ˜† for supposedly hitting her with a stone πŸ‘)

Third - portrayal of Amayra Vs Kulfi - So here lies the essence of this story - The main purpose of this show is to depict the positivity of one child - Kulfi who is deprived of every happiness in her life. Still she derives happiness from whatever little she has in hand and believe in spreading the same to those around her.. On the other hand, the other child Amayra, who is called Princess and is literally living like one, has all the amenities lying on her feet which she can think, demand or desire - still she is empty from inside - She is negative, she is confused, she is unsure, she is all the time scared of losing her possessions (Sikka) - Two kids in diverse situations and having totally diverse outlook towards life. 

This is one thing where i appreciate the makers. They have carved Kulfi's character with some freshness and innocence and purity that it can bring smile and tears on your face altogether at the same time with her pure emotions in any situation in any condition good or bad. Totally love her ❀️❀️❀️

So as usual its the fight between Good n Evil and in the end - like always Good will defeat the Evil and emerge a winner. Kulfi is going to return next week to Sikka house and would be instrumental in saving Amayra's life (i dunno how - may be some out of this world medical miracle will happen ) 

May be this changes the perception of the negative ladies of the house towards this "One of her kind Miracle worker" but then uske baad kya reh jaega dikhane ke liye πŸ˜• - have some food for thought...😳

aimf thumbnail
@ minti

Very well put! thanks for commenting
Heema22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@aimf . Always good to see you around . I was laughing after I read your post . Legal action ? What for killing and kidnapping is not a serious crime in Hindi soaps . It happens everywhere and everyday   🀣. Not happening and Shikander will not do it . I was shock to see that he was taking her to police station . I touhght man has changed .
I don't understand what kind of Doctor are treating Amira ? Why near death kid is not in the hospital . In the beginning they kept on repeating " we don't know what's wrong " stupidity . Didn't you take blood test and what did you find? 

What happened to the big brother ? He went to look for Kulfi and no news about him . No one cares ? I think he is on long vacation🀣
Edited by Heema22 - 5 years ago
Heema22 thumbnail
@mintisara . Always fun to read your post . You remind me of my friend on Hitler Didi forum . Great writer .
BTW . I am in love with Kulfi's character too. I think it's well written and actress is doing fine job too. I love her innocence and positivity. She wants everyone to have what she does not have , what a selfless girl , whoever is writing her character is doing fine job . 
Amira is well written too.Both girls are totally their mothers mirror images. Two different way of upbringing.one is filthy rich and other was dirt poor but what a difference in attitude and expection . One is selfish beyond imagination and other is selfless who is looking for love . Kulfi is only asking for her share . Her innocence is my soft point . 
Sometimes bad things have to happen before good things can.so we have to wait and see .Bad things can happen, and often do--but they only take up a few pages of your story; and anyone can survive a few pages.
Edited by Heema22 - 5 years ago
Guesswhat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This serial airs at prime time and I am sure a number of kids are watching it .. I am worried about the kind of ideas it would give the kids .. consume dangerous stuff to black mail parents into doing something.. hating siblings and that you can go to any extent to make your parents bot love your brother/ sister ? Why is Gul surpassing villainy Iworh each of her shows? Does she measure her success or do the appraisal of her writer and director based on the degree of digest they show ? OTT in terms of grandute , family sizes , twists etc is entertaining but OTT in terms of disgust is not healthy .. how are the parents of myra Singh allowing her to do all this stuff
mintisara thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
@Guesswhat very well pointed out ! 
While watching yesterday's episode, my mother also said the same thing to me that how Myra's parents are allowing her to do this role. Firstly her character has been portrayed as sooo very negative, scheming, selfish and even sadist at times for a child of jus 7-8 years.

She is over possessive for her Dadda - fine but to have him all by herself she has crossed all limits and put the other character Kulfi in near death situations lot many times. Even yesterday, her mom finally got some brains and decided to spill out Kulfi's details but she stopped her. Even after being on death bed, her negativity has not changed. People like me, who started sympathising with her coz of her vulnerable situation these days, are now praying - "ki fir tu mar hi jaa..." if thats the only way to unite Kulfi Sikka as she has taken a life n death promise from him once again !! 

I have observed the power of positive attitute. It spreads like a fragrance, charging you and those around you with freshness of thoughts but same is the case with negativity - it is much more powerful on the surface...see it even drove a positive person like me to wish death for a 7 year old child...disgusting...and I am not alone. THere are millions of viewers and the same thought process must be hovering around in multiple minds as I have observed from comments at various social network sites. So hats off to the makers to spread sooo much negativity that too through the character of a 7 year old child. Very bad indeed !!

If they have shown Lovely capable of crippling Amayra's mind to such extent that she even consented on self inflicted harm like consuming poison, they could have now shown her on the remedial path, convincing Amayra that what all they did together was not right from Day 1. It was outright selfish and thats why they are both getting such grave punishment from God. I am sure a mother has great potential of changing her child's attitude by instilling good thoughts  when she can so conveniently instill the bad ones !!

But like i always say...We can keep on suggesting each other what could have been better or what could have been amended but at the end of the day,,, we are bound to see and then repent what Makers are hell bent on forcing upon us πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

vandana1965 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
this track is putting off many viewers in my opinion.  creatives need to wake up some time soon. 
Heema22 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Guesswhat

This serial airs at prime time and I am sure a number of kids are watching it .. I am worried about the kind of ideas it would give the kids .. consume dangerous stuff to black mail parents into doing something.. hating siblings and that you can go to any extent to make your parents bot love your brother/ sister ? Why is Gul surpassing villainy Iworh each of her shows? Does she measure her success or do the appraisal of her writer and director based on the degree of digest they show ? OTT in terms of grandute , family sizes , twists etc is entertaining but OTT in terms of disgust is not healthy .. how are the parents of myra Singh allowing her to do all this stuff

Just finished   watching this week 5 episodes and totally disappointed.very sorry I saw watched them . This show should not be watched by kids . Any sensible parents will not allow their kids to watch this show .kids are in this show does not mean that it's for kids . Child abused is all over . From begging till today it's over loaded with child abuse and I am fed up . Forgets kids for a minutes it's not good for weak ,psychologically disturb grown ups . Idea to give poison to kid to fake illness is very disturbing. 
aimf thumbnail
Originally posted by: Heema22

Just finished   watching this week 5 episodes and totally disappointed.very sorry I saw watched them . This show should not be watched by kids . Any sensible parents will not allow their kids to watch this show .kids are in this show does not mean that it's for kids . Child abused is all over . From begging till today it's over loaded with child abuse and I am fed up . Forgets kids for a minutes it's not good for weak ,psychologically disturb grown ups . Idea to give poison to kid to fake illness is very disturbing. 

Yes it is truly disappointing. Now how will Sikka make Amyra sing? I worry that Amyra or Lovely may ask for Kulfi to do more shadow singing. I hope they are not using this sick track to reunite Kulfi and Sikander.